Author Topic: Free drontal and Frontline for rescue cats - repost from donations section  (Read 2077 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Re: Free drontal and Frontline for rescue cats - repost from donations section
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 12:06:50 PM »
The goods go to the re-homers but the rescues get a code and can buy everything on line at cost price, and they are trying to get some products such a frontline and drontal even cheaper for rescues.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 12:03:12 PM »
I agree T - I guess they hope the people who get the freebies become loyal customers. It wouldn't be so bad if they gave the rescues some products for promoting their business which is after all what is happening.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 11:27:25 AM »
I know this is a generous offer BUT I honestly think that thr rescues should be given the free products.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 11:10:25 AM »
I have registered with them and just put in my first order, which has cost me less for things than anywhere else.  Have also got the re-homing vouchers which I send off when I re-home kittens.  I am assuming the new owners are receiving goods alright, nobody has said they have not got it, but we will find out when I fill one in for Tan this week, lol.  she can be our guinea pig.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 11:01:24 AM »
I wanted some info on paper about this but they would only deal over the phone. Thats no use as i have the memory of a gold fish  :doh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Free drontal and Frontline for rescue cats - repost from donations section
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 06:44:11 AM »
Reposted from message in donations section by Mybobs - as there were no replies I thought I would repost here in some rescue people haven't seen it.
It says any animal rehomed n the UK is entitled to claim a pack  ;D

Hi all,

I saw your messages about donations etc and I run a rescue centre myself, so thoght I would let you all know that there is a site which is giving away free frontline and drontal to any rescue cat rehomed. it's completely free so can't lose.

it's at www.rescuesearch.co.uk but the company behind it is www.petmeds.co.uk.

petmeds also gives us cost price care for all rescue homes, so we get things like frontline and drontal etc even cheaper from them for running the centres. They also pay us 5% commission for anyone we bring their way. last i heard, they are now negotiating with vets around the uk to give better rates to rescue homes.

can't fault them
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 06:45:38 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat