Author Topic: Pictures of feral cats needed for youtube vid  (Read 9215 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Pictures of feral cats needed for youtube vid
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 19:55:23 PM »
Cor! I get credits..?  :evillaugh:  :shy:

If you want to mention it, Canterbury CP, but I really don't think it's necessary. If you mention every one, your film will just be a long line of names.  :-:

Good luck!  :wow:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 19:36:12 PM »
Thanks, it's pinched. Do you work for a rescue you'd like credited?
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 19:30:14 PM »
HK

You can use anything of mine you like.  :) Hows about the attached? This was the first ever pic... I think they look so vulnerable.  :Luv:

You're learning Digital, HK. Linear is those old fashioned cassettes with magnetic tapes.

When you've got the time, take a look at a system called Avid. It's one of the favourites with professional editors.  :sneaky:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 19:11:44 PM »
Hi Pinkbear! Linear/digital? I don't even know the difference!  :rofl: I'm editing them with windows movie maker, which is fairly basic. I did think about pinching some pics from other websites, such as CAT, but thought I'd give Purrs rescues first refusal. Would also get round any copyright probs (I'm still new to posting vids, so I haven't got to the stage of blatantly ripping off stuff!).

Marc Gunn got back to me and has given me permission to use the song, he just wants his website put on the blurb. I would, of course, credit any cat rescues who let me use their pics.

No special photos are needed, I could easily dowload the ones from the websites, and would credit the site.

From the lack of response, seems like I'll be doing some feral rescue site googling later!!  :Crazy:

Pinkbear, can I pinch the picture of squaw that you've posted on your thread? It goes well with the song.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 19:17:58 PM by Hippykitty »
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 10:04:30 AM »
Best results, I would have thought, would be to drop a line to Celia Hammond or CAT77... unless you fancy being Sardine Tin holder to Dawn or Teresa one night.  :evillaugh:

Do you mean 'video' as in linear video, or digital? Please don't tell me you're learning linear...  :Crazy: :innocent:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
Pictures of feral cats needed for youtube vid
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 06:30:43 AM »
Hi, I'm not normally in this section of purrs, as I'm not a rescue peep and don't have a home to give to a cat at the moment because of my two ancient moggies.

I want to make a vid for youtube called "wild kitties". This would be a montage of pics of feral cats and some brief information concerning how feral cats need homes too. It would point out that many can be domesticated, while others are best homed as farm cats. In the short time allotted,  the vid would not be able to seek homes for individual cats, just raise awareness of the issue.

I'll set it to the tune Wild Kitty by Marc Gunn. If you want to check this out, it can be downloaded for free at the bottom of this page http://www.marcgunn.com/music.shtml  look under Irish drinking songs for cat lovers. I'll get in touch with MG through myspace and seek permission to use the song.

Anyone supplying photos will be credited. For the purpose of the video, something which stirs pity (ie cats in poor condition) would be better than 'after' pics (after they've been loved and fed at a good rescue).

Thanks.

P.S. The reason I've not been posting much is that I've been learning to make and edit videos!

Link to CatChat