Author Topic: I THOUGHT IT WAS GETTING BETTER  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: I THOUGHT IT WAS GETTING BETTER
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 10:55:37 AM »
We dont keep a waiting list sadly, I was discussing this with the rescue's local RSPCA, as I was going to suggest starting one, and they actually talked me out of it, they found it wasn't effective. I have just had a call from Social Services about 2 cats, but I am up to 4 and my comfortable maximum is 5, they are mum and son so couldnt be split. Gave them a couple of numbers, and fingers crossed for them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 10:53:46 AM »
I had to turn down quite a few last week as well, I hate having to turn people away,

I don't see it as turning down as we offer advice and the cats are put on the list waiting to come it. It is just that apart from a dire emergency  they have to wait a little longer. I also say that if there is a problem and they really do need to re-home the cat 'yesterday' to contact me immediately.

Also after someone has tried the advice we give, we find that occasionally when we ring  to offer to take in the cat the problem has been solved and the cat can be kept.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 10:43:53 AM »
Fingers crossed things get better, I had to turn down quite a few last week as well, I hate having to turn people away, but I was going away for the weekend so couldnt commit to anything.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 10:42:03 AM »
and the fosterers having to find space

Quite simply there is no space and they cats will go on the ever growing waiting list. of course if a life and death situation came along we would get it to the vet and leave it there until we could take it in.

We have homed a number of kittens this weekend  but of course unless you home the whole litter and mum no space is created.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 10:19:02 AM »
Oh no. Poor things - and poor you and the fosterers having to find space! It must be an enormous task.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
I THOUGHT IT WAS GETTING BETTER
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 10:14:17 AM »
But during the last hour I have received 5 calls to bring in 3 single cats,  a mum and kitten and 3 cats. When will it all end?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:14:38 AM by Ela »

Link to CatChat