Author Topic: How I managed to bite my tongue, I don't know!!  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
Re: How I managed to bite my tongue, I don't know!!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 18:06:35 PM »
I thought the country was full of ignorant pikeys but I'm convinced they outnumber ordinary people now  :evillaugh:

that would be me then, an ignorant pikey, glad i'm not a chavette though  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mark do you like being ordinary  :P
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »
That just plain awful. I am so gald you got them and now hopefully they can find a great home where people don't mind having a cat curled up a sleep on there pillow with them. My raggles my ragdoll he sleeps curled round my head with his face on my cheek and he grooms my hair and licks my face but I love it. what cat lover doesn't love it thats what I ask. And as for kids I have a 2 and a 4 year old boys and the cats sleep on there beds and they love it in fact they get upset if they don't have a cat.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 09:41:46 AM »
  >:( I think they would have kept the kitten if it was male because it wouldn't be giving birth, and they wouldn't then have more kittens to deal with. So the intention to neuter was never on the agenda for these poor puds. Their house probably stinks so much they wouldn't notice the odour of a spraying Tom :tired:  :evillaugh:

I shall never figure some folk....  :(

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 09:31:38 AM »
OMG!!!  :censored:  :censored  Yes, he was awfully keen wasn't he?

So the kitten could have grown up and in turn been responsbile for even more lovely little kittens...and that would be fine wouldn't it as they would not have to deal with any of them...?  Argghhh!

My Nala does on occasion sleep in my eldest's bed...under the duvet with her head on his pillow.  :evillaugh:

Obviously easier to rehome than to close a door.  :censored:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 08:01:26 AM »
Am glad these are safe now. And I would guess the reason they would have kept the kitten if it had been a boy would be they wouldn't have to bother about it having babies to rehome (and ignorant of the fact that other people would have instead).
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 08:00:18 AM »
The reason for this was, they had a baby and said the kitten kept sleeping near his face so it was promptly kicked out.  I was told the kitten was a girl but on inspection, it was discovered it was a little boy.  Anyway, earlier on I had a phone call off the lady asking how they were, I pointed out the little girl was actually a little boy and her response was "Oh we could have kept him, we thought he was a little girl that's why we had him rehomed"

But keeping a boy and not a girl would not have altered the fact the the kitten slept near the baby's face would it? Stupid people.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 07:51:30 AM »
Hopefully they won't get any more after this.  >:(

You should have pointed out to her that they weren't coming from a home so the correct term was "homed" rather than "rehomed"  :evillaugh:

I thought the country was full of ignorant pikeys but I'm convinced they outnumber ordinary people now  :evillaugh:

I'm surprised she bothered to phone to see how they were. She didn't seem too bothered about them before.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 02:27:15 AM »
Glad you were able to take them xx

The guy was so eager to get rid, he asked me if he rang his girlfriend, could I pick them up there and then......this was at 1 o'clock in the morning  :Crazy:  :Crazy:  I think they may have regretted asking me when I did pick them up as I give her a  :censored: for not having them neutered/spayed and also for letting the kitten outside.  She said she didn't realise that it was wrong as where they came from which was a farm, they were all living outside  >:(  I asked her why they weren't neutered, her answer was "I don't know"  >:(  >:(  I'm glad I got them away from there, they weren't badly treated but the owners hadn't got a clue when it came to responsibility  :sneaky:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 01:35:24 AM »
Grrrr!  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 01:17:59 AM »
Good God -
When will it all end Dawn !

Thing is i am not surprised anymore at anything i read - people  :censored: me off !!

Glad you were able to take them xx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
How I managed to bite my tongue, I don't know!!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 00:27:23 AM »
When Sarah and I were trying to sort out the Ruthin Cats that had been abandoned, I got collared by a doorman who wanted rid of his 3  >:(  The cats were 2 tabbies called Stripey the female and a very unusually named male, The Other One, and there was a 15 week old kitten with no name   :sneaky:  The two adults were unspayed and unneutered which isn't a surprise and all had access to the outdoors including the kitten  >:(  The reason for this was, they had a baby and said the kitten kept sleeping near his face so it was promptly kicked out.  I was told the kitten was a girl but on inspection, it was discovered it was a little boy.  Anyway, earlier on I had a phone call off the lady asking how they were, I pointed out the little girl was actually a little boy and her response was "Oh we could have kept him, we thought he was a little girl that's why we had him rehomed"  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  Now why would they want to keep a kitten that was a boy and yet get rid of their older cats and would the fact he was a boy have made any difference to the type of life he was living..........I think not  :censored:  :censored:

Link to CatChat