Author Topic: A lovely surprise  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: A lovely surprise
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 08:20:47 AM »
That is a lovely story, wish there were more people like them about.
Sad that Mark has had the complete opposite though - we can't accept cheques anymore due to the amount that bounced last year!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 23:52:08 PM »
I heard the opposite today. The homecheck I did a couple of weeks ago said she would give a donation. I really laid it on with a trowel re how despaerate we were for donations, even if it just covered costs. The lad was happy to tell me about the fact that she was a property developer, horses, etc etc.but she took the kittens yesterday without handing over a penny. Sharon is going to gee her up  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 23:11:35 PM »
Very good home for the cat I think  ;D

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 15:47:26 PM »
When people can hand over a nice donation like that you know they really do love animals and like Pinkbear says that kitty will be well and truly spoilt  :Luv:

Awwwww I second that, lucky cat to find another forever home at her age
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 15:41:52 PM »
When people can hand over a nice donation like that you know they really do love animals and like Pinkbear says that kitty will be well and truly spoilt  :Luv:

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 10:58:15 AM »
Aw..!  :Luv:

It's lovely when they had over some dosh, but the really reassuring thing is knowing if they can afford to part with that kind of money, the new cat will want for nothing.  :wow:

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
A lovely surprise
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 10:26:11 AM »
Last Tuesday I went to do my first Homecheck for Oxford CP.  A lady had phoned who had just lost her cat at 17 years of age.  She felt lonely without a cat and wanted to find a new companion as soon as possible.  So I went to see her.  She had a lovely little home and garden in a quiet road.  And I could see that she loved animals. The home was nothing out of the ordinary, just perfect for a cat and I had no hesitation to give the Thumbs up.
Well, I spoke to the fosterer/coordinator yesterday and the lady has homed one of the older cats who's owner had died not long ago.  I was really pleased for the little girl and the lady of course.  The biggest surprise was still to come when the fosterer told me that she gave a donation of £500.  I was gobsmacked.  Oh I wish there would be more of these generous people out there.  A perfect home  for a little one and a generous donation.  It made my day.
Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

Link to CatChat