Author Topic: We have had the most horrendous night!!  (Read 7026 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: We have had the most horrendous night!!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 13:59:57 PM »
I'd call the RSPCA anyway.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 12:45:45 PM »
God Dawn, you took a chance there, but thankgoodness you did.  That woman sounds like she wants a damn good talking to.  At least the son was trying to do the right thing, as you say.  You have the heart of a lion.  Wish We could've seen the look on her face when you walked in the room..... :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 10:31:17 AM »
It's nice that the son was trying to do the right thing after all, but what sort of neighbourhood was that!!! Goodness. And the woman who started it all off by moving out and leaving them having the bare face to tell you she would be too upset to see them -  :censored: heck  :Crazy:- I would have lost it big time with her - you guys must have the patience of saints.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 09:07:12 AM »
Wow, well done,  I bet you are exhausted, I would like to say that things like this seldom happen, however we in rescue know different.

I
've now got to drop my traps off to catch another feral mum later after work, she is pregnant but sadly she will have to be done and I've managed to get her squeezed in on Monday morning

Very sad but understandable and a decision I would have made, unless of course the little one was very pregnant. Although our vet does PTS immediately each little soul where as I know some don't  but just put them to the side to let nature take its course.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
We have had the most horrendous night!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 06:45:13 AM »
Had a phone call yesterday whilst in work about approx 20 cats/kittens that had been left in a house that were just breeding and breeding  :censored:  :censored:  I roped Sarah into helping as I know she's been dying to get involved in helping me  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:  Anyway, what a  :censored: nightmare.  There was a mum and kittens in a coalbunker initially, they were born day before yesterday.  The initial idea was to get these sorted, weigh up the situation and take it from there......if only it was that easy.  When we got up there, a lovely neighbour who had phoned initially had found one of the kittens on the floor outside the bunker, she put it back and then found it there again so she took it in.  One of the other neighbours who wants her  :censored: whooping, phoned the "owner" of the cat up and told her she wanted them moving out of her mum's bunker  :censored:  Anyway, it transpired that her son had turned up, he then took a carrier bag, placed 3 kittens inside (2 had disappeared, but one was with neighbour), he then took the bag back to his house and kittens not to be seen again.  Mum cat apparently had been hanging round the other garden all day trying to find her babies  :'(  :'(  Before we'd actually found out about the kitten episode, we'd got the lady's number who's cats they were, she has moved out of the house by the way.  We phoned her and tried to persuade her to come down..........but oh dear, it was all too much for her to see the cats go  :censored:  :censored:  Anyway, we managed to trap 2 gorgeous little kittens, a ginger and a black/white in the same trap.  Shortly after this, we heard about the kitten and son saga  :censored:  :censored:  With a bit of delving, we found out roughly where she lived and went round there.  We spoke to her wimp of a partner and he told us she was out, I told him I knew he was lying so he changed it and said she was in bed, another lie  :censored:  :censored:  He then asked if we could go back tomorrow to which we told him no way and a few other things on top.  I then told him we weren't stupid, I didn't care about anything else other than the cats/kittens.  It was explained we knew about the carrier bag incident and they either worked with us or face the consequences of the RSPCA  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:  I asked if she would come out and talk to us so he toddled off, returned and said she was in shock  >:(  >:(  >:(  I then said, did he mind if we went in and talked to her  ;)  With that, we walked in and went straight into the living room  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:  Her face was a picture when I popped my head round the door and said hi  :evillaugh:  After a good chat but nothing as far as help coming from her, we finally got her to give us the key to the house to try and find these poor kittens.  We had a look and nothing but we managed to get a tortie cat that is the mum to the older kittens and also pregnant again.    We then had another look round the coal bunker and inside, and we both heard a really faint sound..........a kitten was wedged behind the coal bunker and god knows how long it had been there  :'(  :'(  The only way I could get it was by gently pulling it out by it's head as it was impossible to get my whole hand in.  We took it to the lady with the other kitten, she kindly warmed it up and fed it for me so me and Sarah could go and confront the son.  First we had to find him  :tired:  We then went round a few pubs and clubs and nothing so ended up sat outide his house, he turned up p***ed at about 1.45 am  :tired:  We literally jumped out of the car and nearly scared him half to death  :rofl:  :rofl:  He got quite aggressive with us and denied who he was but eventually after a good chat, a few choice words, the threat of a phone call to the police he finally decided to speak to us.   He'd apparently been getting gip off the neighbour about the kittens and she wanted them gone, he put them in a bag with a blanket, took them back to his house and put them in the kitchen so the mum would find them when she went for a feed.   Oh before this, we'd set a trap in the garden with the coal bunker to try and trap her and she did go in.  We went back, and we have to say we both felt pretty sorry for the guy, he did care but just couldn't get the help when he asked for it.  I know it's not an excuse but he seemed quite upset about the whole thing and did seem genuine once he recovered from the shock of 2 nutty women jumping out on him in the early hours of the morning  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:  We left him to it and we went back and had another look for the kittens...........we can't find them anywhere  :'(  :'(  The only option we had was to bring mum back and we've asked the neighbours to do their utmost today to try and find them and hopefully they will be in with a chance.

I've now got to drop my traps off to catch another feral mum later after work, she is pregnant but sadly she will have to be done and I've managed to get her squeezed in on Monday morning.  I've also got to trap a kitten that has a foot missing, we're not sure what's happened but he needs to get some veterinary treatment before infection sets in.  I have also got work in 3 hours  :tired:  :tired:  So Sarah, I would just like to thank you for all your help last night and this morning, you're a star and I hope it didn't put you off coming again  ;)

Link to CatChat