Author Topic: We have had the most horrendous night!!  (Read 7025 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: We have had the most horrendous night!!
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2007, 00:38:04 AM »
Sarah has had a phone call this evening and there are still 2 cats that need catching  :tired:  There is another tortie who is more than likely pregnant and a black/white babe but not sure of the sex as yet.  They are going to need trapping so going to have to make some room somehow and see what happens.  One of the ladies from the estate is lovely and has been feeding them for us, the tortie feeds in her garden but the other one has been going back to the old house but sadly can't get in now as all the windows are closed  :'(  :'(  They'll have to sorted asap, otherwise we're going to have the same saga again with more kittens  :tired:  I've also got to get 3 of the "owned" toms booked in for neutering, but one "owner" may need gently persuading, either way, her cat will be done be it with permission or not  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2007, 14:30:54 PM »

Bless her, she is a sweetie.

Already have OH on the case Dawn  :evillaugh: - he went along to the tip yesterday to make a few enquiries - the man he needs to speak to is off at the moment and there is someone there from an agency who knew nothing.  OH said he saw adult cats, no kittens but obviously there are plenty of hiding places.

He is delighted he ever met me  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 13:57:31 PM »
The pregnant one  :'(  I think the other tortie is the mum to the kittens though, they have been suckling on her so this might explain things.  I've had a chat with one of the ladies on the RSPCA committee and mentioned about getting the mobile unit in that area.......a little job for your hubby Sarah  ;)  The tip needs assessing and we need to know the extent of the problem, also there is another council estate which needs addressing, I'll find out the name of it and we'll get them blitzed.

I've decided now because I am so incensed by all this lately that I'm going to do a letter to the councils, and ask them if it would be possible to make it a condition that ALL cats and dogs are spayed/neutered on council properties and that the owner has to show a certificate from the vets to prove this.  I'll also get the RSPCA to back this up and fingers crossed things will change.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 13:58:05 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 13:48:29 PM »
Bless them..which of the naughty torties has been spayed?  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2007, 13:44:59 PM »
One of the torties I took from house the other night has now been spayed, she is fine but did bite the vet  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:  I'll be picking her and the little 3 legged one up later  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2007, 07:49:20 AM »
Good luck!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2007, 16:59:10 PM »
Part of the problem is the peeps I'm dealing with.  They love the cats to bits but think cats don't come out in the dark cos they can't see  :tired:  I was up there til gone one last night and he was surprised how many of the kitties were around.  He brings the traps in at a certain time because of the badgers and foxes as well, I've told him all he has to do is release them if they go in the trap.......so simple  :censored:  I do trust them with the traps though, they only put them out when someone is around and always unset when they are going out.  It's just they take them in too bloody early and I have to then put my foot down and tell him to leave them alone  >:(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2007, 16:52:56 PM »
we've caught the big black tom who I've been after for about 2 years

Well done, thats patience for you!
I think it may take that long to gt O' Malley with the dodgy leg in my trap  :tired:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2007, 16:49:16 PM »
I've picked the big black bruiser up......what an evil little sod  :scared:  :scared:  I've transferred him into another cage which is similar to the trap only bigger and more comfortable.   I'm taking him to the vets shortly along with another tom I picked up the other night, they will be staying in overnight to be done in the morning, cos I've got to take a female up to my other surgery first thing tomorrow for spaying  :tired:  :tired:  I've then got to come home, collect Meg and go and do her homecheck......I'm sure this will be perfect for her, the lady sounds lovely and Meg will be an indoor kitty  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2007, 13:28:25 PM »
The little kitten has had his op bless him, the neutering will have to wait as his nuts are way too small.  The op went okay and he's still sedated.  He'll be staying in this evening and hopefully he can come home tomorrow  :Luv:  :Luv:  We've still got the traps set and we've not caught the mum yet but we've caught the big black tom who I've been after for about 2 years  :evillaugh:  He is one feisty buggar but he'll be in the vets in the morning and then released on Thursday.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 08:55:11 AM »
Oh, yes... Eau De Trapper!  :rofl: :rofl:

I stink of pilchards. My car stinks of pilchards. My house stinks of pilchards! And this is only after a few outtings.  :sick: :evillaugh:

I think my fingers are even turning orange from finger feeding the babies...  :scared: :Crazy:

:rofl: :rofl:

I spilt pilchards in my car this morning  :sick:
and my hands still smell of them faintly after two washes... and I havent even TRIED trapping yet  :rofl:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2007, 07:36:54 AM »
Fingers crossed for them Dawn.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 19:26:56 PM »
Just think Lainey, if you persuade Grahem to move, you can have an exciting life like me too  :yes:

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 19:25:24 PM »
Bloody hell, it just never stops for you DD.  Well done to the two of you xxx
Hope you manage to get the others very soon. xxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 19:16:13 PM »
Not even the bin bag...eww forgot about that bit  :sick: :scared:

I haven't  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I'm going over there now, I've just dropped a tortie off and got Midge back, reset the traps for the pregnant one and I'm now off to Ruthin......oh the joys of cat rescue  :tired:  :tired:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 19:10:44 PM »
The kitten is about 4 months old, I'm hoping they'll do a good deal on the op for me but need to speak to Trevor first  :tired:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 17:06:48 PM »
How old is this poor wee soul.  :(

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2007, 16:53:31 PM »
Not even the bin bag...eww forgot about that bit  :sick: :scared:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2007, 16:14:07 PM »
I've just spoken to the vets and the kitten's op will be tomorrow and they will hopefully be spaying/neutering at the same time.  I don't do kittens this young as a general rule but he/she is going to be under anyway and the anaesthetic is risky, and it will save her having to go through it again in a couple of months.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2007, 15:51:34 PM »
No it hasn't put me off at all -

Not even getting your bum wet or rooting through bin bags  :sick:  :sick:  ;)

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2007, 15:15:29 PM »
Awwwww shame, but he's in the best of care now, Bless him  :hug: :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2007, 15:14:56 PM »
Aw bless the little mite :Luv:

Great job your doing there  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 15:11:07 PM »
:hug: :hug:  well done girls,  hope the little kitty's leg is not to badly infected and he does not loose his wee leg.

The kitten is in the vets now and yes, he will have an amputation......the poor little thing must have been in agony, all it has is a bright red stump  :'(  :'( 

Sarah, I'm going back over later......Kev the doorman has been mithering today about his cats and wants me to get them  :tired:  :tired:  I'm now going to get a much deserved brew as I've just come in, the farmer has decided  :evillaugh: he will have another 4 ferals off me.  I've also just met Nicky's auntie who has dropped a tortie off from Blackpool to go to be rehomed with Morris as Midge won't settle so I've got that to sort later as well  :tired:  I'm still trying to trap the pregnant cat but have got one booked in for Wednesday morning just in case  ;)  Not sure what else I have to do yet as my head is totally and utterly scrambled  :Crazy:  :Crazy:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2007, 14:55:59 PM »
Oh, yes... Eau De Trapper!  :rofl: :rofl:

I stink of pilchards. My car stinks of pilchards. My house stinks of pilchards! And this is only after a few outtings.  :sick: :evillaugh:

I think my fingers are even turning orange from finger feeding the babies...  :scared: :Crazy:

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 14:30:38 PM »
 :hug: :hug:  well done girls,  hope the little kitty's leg is not to badly infected and he does not loose his wee leg.

Good Luck with the rest of the cats :luck:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 13:32:15 PM »
No it hasn't put me off at all - can't believe I walked around pubs whiffing of pilchards though  :evillaugh:.   I was happy to help and well worth missing a night's sleep to get the little ones away from there.  Did you manage to speak to the owner of the black tom? 

Whilst trying to find the son Dawn was also asked to help with three other cats by one of the pub doormen - he could not believe his luck in meeting her!   (incidentally OH is in the area every day if you need any transport help).

She does a FAB job, it has really brought it home to me in a big way.  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 12:42:47 PM »
That's great Dawn.  Am keeping my fingers crossed for him

Offline ClaireR

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
Thats good news Dawn.

Hope the little one is ok.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 11:56:12 AM »
Excellent news!  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 11:30:49 AM »
The kitten with the poorly paw has been caught so I'm going to pick him up now.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 07:32:14 AM »
Good luck with the pregnant one today, and fingers crossed you can catch the others.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 07:15:34 AM »
Oh Dawn.  What a nightmare.  Hope you manage to get the little feller with the poorly paw in time.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 02:34:49 AM »
I went over again this evening and I've managed to get the other tortie, she's very nervous but the guy said she is extremely loveable so she's probably just frightened.  I've decided on looking at the kittens, they look to be about 8 weeks old, so mum cat is going in in the morning to be spayed  :'(  She is definitely pregnant but still a baby herself so she will be done even though I hate doing it.  I didn't manage to get the other pregnant one from the other place which I'm really gutted about, I was hoping with the guy being there all day, we would manage to get her.  The little kitten with the foot missing has been hanging round but sadly he didn't go in the trap either  :'(  :'(  I really need to get this little guy to get him sorted, the foot apparently has been like that for 2 weeks and the reason they didn't try and get him to take him to the vets was because they thought the vets would put him to sleep  :sneaky:  I'm really annoyed about this as the wound is quite infected and apparently really inflamed.......what the hell do these people think they are playing at.  I told them they should have contacted me straight away, there is no way I would allow the vet to pts on an injury to a leg and my vet wouldn't even dream of suggesting it  >:(  I hope this little fella can be sorted and the infection hasn't spread too far.  I'm gonna to have to go up there and sit tight until I get them I think as I'd set the traps tonight, told them not to feed outside them, I went back at about 11.30, there was food on the bench and apparently one of the ferals will only eat round the other side of the house, so there was a plate of food there as well  :tired:  They love these cats, don't get me wrong but it's no wonder they won't go in the bloody traps  :censored:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 23:01:05 PM »
Oh Dawn, what a risky thing to do........well a number of em  ;D

But very well done to you and Sarah and hope ypou find the missing ones  :hug: :hug:

You must be  :censored:  exhausted.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 20:34:36 PM »
Doesn't the RSPCA have a mobile neutering unit?

Cats Protection do and I think they are getting another very soon.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 18:03:03 PM »
Good luck with them all Dawn, what an awful situation.
Please spay your cat

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 17:39:30 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: Doesn't the RSPCA have a mobile neutering unit? perhaps they could set up camp for a few days (weeks?) in the area.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 17:07:53 PM »
I would have lost it big time with her - you guys must have the patience of saints.

I was getting a little peed off at this stage  :brick:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 17:00:57 PM »
I'd call the RSPCA anyway.

I will be discussing this incident with them at our next meeting but I also want to arrange to get all the cats neutered on this estate.  They are literally everywhere and the fighting is horrendous, a lady has offered to take them to and from the vets if I can sort something out for them  :)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 16:59:28 PM »
I will be going over again shortly to meet the son who has promised me, he will try and get the other tortie female.......she will be pregnant, there's no two ways about it.  I'm hoping I can get her booked in sometime this week if she is as they are only babies themselves.  I will update later, hopefully the son will be different again when sober  ;)

Link to CatChat