Author Topic: Sometimes I really hate this job :(  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Sometimes I really hate this job :(
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 08:13:05 AM »
thats why I could never do what you and others here do Dawn. I couldn't imagine parting with a cat I'd become fond of.I certainly couldn't cope with the daily heartache.  I'd end up keeping them all. It takes a lot of courage   and love to do what you know is best for Boston which is why I think you lot are simply the best. :Luv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 08:01:40 AM »
You haven't blown it Dawn, you have done the best by him and done it to give him a wonderful home. He will be fine - I had to do the same with Sonny Jim when he went to his new home.
Please spay your cat

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 21:58:41 PM »
You are sat there crying because you are overtired

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 21:55:12 PM »
I do know how you feel, Dawn. Not so long ago, I had to chase a semi feral called Sox around three gardens. He'd got such a bad leg, he was running around holding it up it was so painful. Silly little  :censored: I was trying to help him! But it makes you feel like a  :censored: yourself because they get so scared.  :'(

He'll come round - might take a few more tins os sardines, though.  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 21:35:10 PM »
ahhh Dawn don't feel bad ... you know what cats are like they are so good at making us feel guilty.  I'm sure deep down he knows you are a good person and I'm sure he loves you in his own special way  :Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Sometimes I really hate this job :(
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 21:07:08 PM »
It took me months to build up Boston's trust and now I've blown it with him   :sad no:  :sad no:  He's going to his new home and because he's still semi feral, he will not let you pick him up without a good fight.  I've had to con him with some sardines as they're one of his favourites, and then had to scruff him and put him a carrier  :'(  I really hated doing it to him, I love him to bits and I just wish he could understand it's for the best.....he will get a wonderful home although it's going to break my heart parting with him.  I'm now sat her crying because I feel so crap, so I know I'm going to make a total clutz of myself when I take him to Cheryls  :tired:  I just hope he'll forgive me in time  :sad no:

Link to CatChat