Author Topic: URGENT - Foster home needed for 3 adult cats and 4 kittens in Portsmouth Area  (Read 10453 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Anyway you can get proof of that from the rescue dawn ?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Just received this message off Sarah:

"Hi, thanks again for all your help and concern, I'm allowed Scampy back next week as long as I pay the rescue the cost of a male neutering op, Sarah"

So the good news is at least he's having the chop  ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
It sounds like she's in the middle of the Amazon...  :rofl:

Sometimes I wish I was but sadly I think the noise is the closest I'm ever gonna get  :sneaky:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
So, she wants one of the cats back but she won't agree to castration..?  :P to her!

The only way I would help in getting the cat back is if he was neutered by the rescue first but if she can't look after him and he's better off elsewhere, then the rescue would be the best place for him so they can find him a loving home.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 13:05:12 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
You've got me worried now. The cat she gave to her friend, did she actually give him to her or is this on a pretence basis?  If she is keeping it, is she likely to get him neutered or is that also a no no?

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
I could send this lady some pictures of injuries suffered by fighting Toms. Or kittens drowned in a river if it helps..?  >:(

It's only for the sake of her poor cats that Dawn, myself and others were beavering away off board putting a rescue package together for these fluffy ones. Even up to 1am we were getting PM offers of support and help and making a safety net plan.

So, she wants one of the cats back but she won't agree to castration..?  :P to her!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Well we can only help those that want to be helped  :tired:  I'm hoping she'll ring me and I'll try and stress how important it is to get her done.

Offline crazycatz

• Adult Cat
Will she get the female spayed....she did say in her text she would?

dont know

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Will she get the female spayed....she did say in her text she would?

Offline crazycatz

• Adult Cat
Sarah's going to try and give me a bell later as she's upset at the mo which is understandable, I'm wondering whether to try and have a chat with the rabbit rescue to see if I can get the male back for her, on condition she gets him neutered......what do you guys reckon?  :shy:

she wont get him neutered
take it from someone who knows the woman and has know her since april

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Sarah's going to try and give me a bell later as she's upset at the mo which is understandable, I'm wondering whether to try and have a chat with the rabbit rescue to see if I can get the male back for her, on condition she gets him neutered......what do you guys reckon?  :shy:

Offline crazycatz

• Adult Cat
OMG ..................

its a cat and rabbit rescue in chichester  01243641409 is there number if u want to check
ask to speak to monique

they are decent people who have gone out there way to make room for these poor cats and have been lied to yesterday ,they were told that sarah was signing over all the cats but shes kept a female and gave a male to a friend  :Crazy: :Crazy:
sarah is asking for scamps back he is a big fluffy ginger male , but they proberly wont give him back to her
which in my opinion is for the best lets face it if he goes back he will father more kittens the minute she lets him out , he is the father of saffys kittens .

i dont want to appear two faced but i dont think its a good idea for her to have scampy back and dont think its a good idea for her to have any cats in future unless she can look after them properly which she cant .

i saw someone mentioned portsmouth district cat rescue ??
if thats the one which is run by joy and greg then its a big no no pm me if u want to know more

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
A rabbit rescue? ....Ummm, OK.  :-:

I wouldn't be so surprised. Dawn started off rescuing parrots, and the racket from them while you're talking to talk on the phone to her is really odd. It sounds like she's in the middle of the Amazon...  :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
A rabbit rescue? ....Ummm, OK.  :-:

Anyway, with regards to both the original poster of this subject and the rescue in question, I PMd both of them, the poster to let them realise I knew how frustrating it was when you felt that someone wasn't offered adequate support and the rescue to let them know that noone thought badly of them and didn't just take the situation on face value. I haven't heard from either of them, but hopefully everyone will be continuing to use the forum without any bad feeling.

I can only imagine how much hard work it is to run a rescue from home - and even imagining it is tiring! ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
but I think people expect rescues to drop everything and be able to fit them in........Joe Bloggs doesn't realise that we do get full and sometimes it's impossible for us to help

I agree, people think that we are waiting for their phone call. We squeeze in and squeeze in but there does come a time when there is absolutely not a single space even for a flea. If people who come onto forums like this and even our our branch members cannot understand this how on earth can we expect other people to. I know often I am told but I am a member or a relation of  a member and they expect me to do something immediately. With us no matter how much we know someone it is the plight of the cat thats is the most important thing. but if you do not have a space there is not a lot you can do but worry until you can do something.

Often I am told I will pay, and I reply you can offer me a million pounds (we should be so lucky) but I still have  no room and cannot take the cat in today. Obviously a sick stray would go to the vets to keep until I found room.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
They've been signed over to a Rabbit Rescue in Chichester  :Crazy:  The male she wants back, I can't understand why she signed him over if she wanted to keep him?  I thought she was keeping 2 cats  :Crazy:  Anyway, she's going to get the female done which is good news at least.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I've sent her my phone number in the hope that she'll give me a bell and I'll have a chat with her.  I think sometimes in these cases, it's not so much that they don't love their cats but I think people expect rescues to drop everything and be able to fit them in........Joe Bloggs doesn't realise that we do get full and sometimes it's impossible for us to help  :tired:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
Oow..!  :scared:

I think if she was as desparate as she appeared, she would have taken us up on our offer of help. All we can hope is that everything is fine. We've done our bit!  ;D

I'll start putting the spare room back. Again. :innocent:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Well that's something at least. The thank you that is.

I hope she does well by the one she's kept.   :tired:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I've texted her back asking where they've gone and she did say she wanted to keep one of the males, but was worried now they've been signed over, she won't have a leg to stand on at getting him back.  I've also asked her about getting the one she kept spayed/neutered, hopefully she will.  Oh, and she did say thanks for the offer of help.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I feel like crying right now. I echo your words Dawn. I hope so too.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Got a text off Sarah saying she signed over all her cats last night and she's just kept one.  So sadly, we can't help these guys and I just hope wherever they've gone, it's somewhere decent.  Thanks to everyone for their offers of help.........you lot really are the best  :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
Well, lets hope it's good news with this thing tomorrow? Maybe that's what she's waiting for?

If not, then I think we start rattling cages. It's a case of waiting, I think....  :shify:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I have a horrible feeling we are just wasting our time with this, I've still not heard back from her and I did tell her we were trying to things sorted  :tired:

Offline jedi one

• Adult Cat
I would strongly advise them to contact shelter [url][http://england.shelter.org.uk/advice/index.cfm/url]
and or Thier local citizens advice berau the council cant just evict them thier is a law and process that must be followed with any eviction and they may be able to help them nip all this in the bud
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 21:14:31 PM by jedi one »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
What about contacting all the vets in surrounding areas to see if they could offer any solution / short term accom ?

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Portsmouth's in Hampshire Mags about an Hour from Southamton.  There are rescues around that maybe able to help but i do know that the Southamton CP is full as is the Bournemouth which is about hour and 3/4 drive away.  The Portsmouth CP is here http://portsmouth.cats.org.uk/  but seen on catchats page they are full too.
There is also the PORTSMOUTH & DISTRICT CAT RESCUE which i don't know about if full or not.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Mags, it's not worth the hassle and I think she made her feelings pretty clear in a pm.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 23:24:00 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

MBll

Im not arguing re the cats/kittens but aslong as theres publich apology to ............ & if she expcets it?   

Portsmonth is down cornwall way isnt it

Edited to take out members names fro the members themselves sake re public view.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 20:30:55 PM by Tan »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I've already exchanged a couple of pm's with .............. and I'm sure she is in no doubt that we thought ......... was treated unfairly.  We need to concentrate on getting these cats sorted and getting them to safety.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 20:17:43 PM by Tan »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
I've been out since lunch time so missed all the bits inbetween.

1) I hope ........... is staying with us and does know of all the support she received.
2) I'm glad the animals are still alive and i'm sure they will now be spared thanks to the wonderful people we have here
3) You have to be a member to post here but the public can read more or less all the sections i think
4) Mark could never leave us..he loves us far too much  ;)

Edited to take out members names for the members themselves sake re public viewing.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 20:16:35 PM by Tan »

MBll

Ok so now we all know the cats & kittens are still here & wil be sorted which is starting the ball rollin, but i need to say  as .......... stated that her friend had 'unfair' treatment well i  say that the treatment  dished out on .......... was 'out of line' & i want to see  a publich apology on here .

Do ........... think that foklk in rescue are sititng on their backsides waiting for them to phone when they can drop everything & run over & sort out THEIR mess.

No doubt ill get a ticking off for posting this but this is well out of order.

Edited to take out members names fro the members themselves sake as post are on public view.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 20:17:06 PM by Tan »

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
I can't help with offering to rehouse the cats or anything but regarding the eviction,nothing can be done by the council until a Notice Seeking Possession has been served and the case has gone to court for the council to get a posession date.  Even at that point there is still the chance that the tenant would keep the property if she turns up and presents her case to the judge. An eviction cannot take place without a possession date and an eviction warrant.  Without these they can't do anything.

Basically, depending on what stage the council are at there *may* be some leeway on timescales.  Obviously people don't want to take risks with the lives at stake so if they can be saved ASAP all the better, but there is still hope for them.

I've pm-ed CC to advise on the way forward and advised take advice from Shelter or CAB.  Was going to post this at lunch but didn't get chance.  Two things can run in tandem - finding a home for the kitties and finding out how far the council has progressed down the eviction route to give some idea of timescales if a home can't be found soon.

Karen
x

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Mark ya almost gave me a heartattack! lol    :P

I can put back some posts as i have a copy of them but the main reason the thread was deleted was because it went against our rules to keep this forum on a friendly unhurtful basis and actually naming and shaming another member publically is very hurtful.  I could of easily edited the thread to take out all meantions of the member but it would still be there although edited to upset members (all involved). I always advise with any member disbutes to try and discuss and solve the problem in pm's or outside email and if not to contact me to help sort it out if i can. With any forum with alot of people it's so easy to get conflicts esp with only the written word form.

We have to have pretty strict rules on the forum or we may sadly end up the same way as another one. I am def up for adult juicy discussions and i think these are brill for people to air their views and info for others as long as they don;t turn nasty. I agree that some of the thread was useful to show that rescues are overloaded and can't help all the time. I will have a peek at the post to see if there are some i can repost under that sort of heading in the Rescue room.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
You have my details hun, let me know. I think this can be sorted. Good on you for perservering with her.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Playing nice nice people....I mean it....

Dawn any news?

No news as yet, I'm not even sure she'll phone me but we'll see what happens.  When I texted her earlier about giving me a bell, she just mentioned about this guy from the rescue again and that she wouldn't know until tomorrow  :tired:  If he can't help, I don't want it leaving til last minute, this is when things get cocked up and ideally we need it sorting asap.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Mods - I am so glad I'm not a mod!  :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: should try it for a day if only to censor Mark ;)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
 :Crazy: :Crazy:

Beam me up, Scotty, 'cos I canne take anymore!  :shy:

LMC - Mark was being Mark and he wasn't serious and we all knew it.

Mark - If you left, this forum would be so, so dull!

JS - Details of these cats are given in Crazycats last post.

Mods - I am so glad I'm not a mod!  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
What's LMC?  :-: I like the little mooning man, though!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I give up  :bum: to LMC

I
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat