Author Topic: URGENT help needed tonight with ferals Manchester  (Read 13230 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: URGENT help needed tonight with ferals Manchester
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2007, 06:01:40 AM »
Is the first piccie one of the kittens also.....just looks abit bigger than the others  :Crazy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2007, 00:29:00 AM »
they are sooooo cute especially the two together  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2007, 13:16:16 PM »
awww, cuties bless 'em
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2007, 03:02:46 AM »
Still not managed to take any recent piccies so you'll have to make do with the ones taken a couple of weeks ago.....not brilliant but when I get chance and I'm not sorting out numerous other things, I'll take some more.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 03:05:32 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2007, 20:29:41 PM »
Dawn I know you are bound to have been side tracked so a gentle reminder about the pictures please

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2007, 01:23:17 AM »
I've not really kept up with most of the threads lately so missed this one as well  :shy:  I've been meaning to update but always get sidetracked as you do  :scared:   All are doing well, mum is still not happy with me although I've managed to get the odd stroke in when she's not looking  :evillaugh:  Both kittens are eating well and did have a bit of the snuffles a couple of weeks ago but with a couple of vet visits behind them, they are doing fine.  I'll try and post some piccies tomorrow  :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2007, 20:15:24 PM »
I will just bump this in case Dawn has not seen it.

I hope these little ones are all doing well now.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2007, 14:10:24 PM »
I was wondering too

Offline ClaireR

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2007, 13:55:52 PM »
Hi Dawn

I was thinking about these babes and their mum this week and wondered how they were doing? 

I would love to see a photo as I never got to see them! 

Have you managed to turn the kittens into purr bags?  Hope so.

Would love to hear how they are getting on when you have 2 mins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claire xx

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2007, 17:17:54 PM »
Prob a stupid idea but if you let the mum do you think she'd find the little one then try and trap them both? sorry but I've never done that sort of thing just a thought.

Not a stupid idea, but you would then run the risk of losing mum as well, some cats will stay away from a trap for a while if they have recently been caught.

Yes I did think of that, can't win either way really - such a shame

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2007, 16:25:36 PM »
Is it possible that someone has already rescued the little one?

If wishes came true, this would be my wish but I think it's doubtful.  One of the guys actually caught a kitten with his hands and it slashed right through his glove.  It was caught when the container was lifted but if out in the open, I think it would be near as damn it impossible, they are only youngsters but they can run like the clappers when faced with a threat.  The only way this one would be caught within the next few days is either by a trap, net, if he ended up somewhere with no escape or when he was too weak to run from lack of hunger  :'(  If there's a god up there, hopefully he'll keep him safe until he can be caught and reunited with his mum and siblings.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2007, 15:47:36 PM »
I don't suppose there's a nearby fire station who need to practice with their heat seaking equipment, is there?  :sneaky:

Even if there was it wouldnt help,.the place is heaving with Rats.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2007, 10:52:32 AM »
Prob a stupid idea but if you let the mum do you think she'd find the little one then try and trap them both? sorry but I've never done that sort of thing just a thought.

Not a stupid idea, but you would then run the risk of losing mum as well, some cats will stay away from a trap for a while if they have recently been caught.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2007, 09:56:22 AM »
I don't suppose there's a nearby fire station who need to practice with their heat seaking equipment, is there?  :sneaky:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2007, 09:48:31 AM »
So sorry for you all and you've tried so hard I think the idea about the asking the girls to look out for the little one is good.  Prob a stupid idea but if you let the mum do you think she'd find the little one then try and trap them both? sorry but I've never done that sort of thing just a thought.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2007, 09:40:32 AM »
[Is it possible that someone has already rescued the little one?
[/quote]

Anything is possible and miracles do happen. We knew if we didnt get him when those portakabins were lifted he could go anywhere.He has certainly not been seen on the existing site; there is another site adjacent which has no nightime security but is inaccessible its possible he`s there; then theres the 500 room hotel which is almost built he could have shot in there,there are 2 busy roads that could have claimed him,in short we are looking for a needle in a haystack and way out of our own area with no local contact information other than the security.

This is a heartbeaking nightmare come true and believe me if he is spotted we will be up there like a shot; if he`s around the smell of beefburgers and bacon butties will lure him out.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2007, 09:18:37 AM »
This  true story is so sad, what makes it worse is that this kind of rescue is going on every single  day up and down the country. I know we have at least one a week. Hopefully it will make the people who allow their cats to have kittens realize that in spite of their best efforts not all go to long time good homes and end up eventually on the streets having kitten after kitten.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2007, 08:27:49 AM »
Dawn, you and Teresa are utter stars and have been nothing but dedicated. Unfortunately, as I wrote earlier it's sad the cats don't realise you're "safe people" to go to.

I think the asking the butty bar girls to a daily scout is a good idea, if you think they would. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2007, 07:29:41 AM »
I'm praying with all my might, he'll be okay and someone will spot him and catch him

Is it possible that someone has already rescued the little one?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2007, 22:17:47 PM »
You also have to ask yourselves how long this poor baby could survive without mum.  :(

This is the bit I try not to think about  :'(  :'(  I've never felt so bad in my whole life leaving him there.......I have never ever left a kitten in that situation before, I always get kittens first and then mum but the  :censored: really didn't give us any option, we had no choice in the matter.  Then we had to think do we release mum again, it's very difficult knowing the best way to deal with it.  If we'd have released mum, she may survive along with her kitten but then the cycle begins again, she will get pregnant and more babes will lose their lives, it's a horrible situation to be in and I'm still crying buckets over it today  :'(  There is plenty of food on site, and plenty of places to hide......I'm praying with all my might, he'll be okay and someone will spot him and catch him  :wish:  I feeling totally drained emotionally and physically at the moment and there is also the issue of finances, it all cost money going back and to and it's money I haven't got  :'(  I think it may be worth providing some food and asking the butty bar girls to put it in a regular spot daily and see what happens.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2007, 22:09:05 PM »
You also have to ask yourselves how long this poor baby could survive without mum.  :( It's been 3 nights, now, hasn't it?

Maybe there's a faint possiblity he's got off this site and into shelter in someone's home?

As Teresa said, you've all got your other babies to think of.  :'(

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2007, 21:42:19 PM »
I dont think any of us are in the position of being able to continue going night after night with no sightings of the poor kitten. We are all truly exhausted. I currently have 50 cats in my care including 4 x 5day old kittens who I have been handrearing since Thursday. Dawn has 5 she has been handrearing since last night as well as her rescues.
I believe that the welfare of the cats currently in my care must come first and much as I would love to allow my heart to rule my heart and keep looking for this little one I know if I continue everything will suffer; So with very heavy heart I decided not to go tonight.

Any night is dangerous in that place; I appreciate I am a little old fashioned,but last night I was even mistaken for a Hooker by a Hooker who asked if I was working, Too many flies being opened up around there and we sit in the open with no protection trying to look away.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2007, 21:04:14 PM »
I'm not sure how we're going to work this now, we will have to have a think on the best approach.  I texted Lee today who is the boss man to see if there had been any sightings and sadly there weren't  :sad no:  He did ask how the mum and kittens were doing so I think he does care but I'm still a bit peed off by the whole thing.  Saturday night is too dangerous for any of us to be around the area, and it's made it more difficult because of lack of sleep and kittens to bottle feed throughout the night  :tired:  I'm wondering whether it would be worth asking if the girls on the buttie bar could put food out daily if we provide it, until he appears  :shy:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2007, 16:42:20 PM »
Good Luck!! :luck:

I really hope you manage to catch the little one. I think you should call it Houdini when you do! ;) (See, I firmly believe you will!)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 16:42:36 PM by JackSpratt »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2007, 16:28:45 PM »
Sending "Good-vibes" your way ~~~~~~~~~ hope the kitten's found soon  :hug:

ps are you also having to feed the young kits yourselves?

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2007, 10:01:30 AM »
I hoped for good news this morning, hope you have better luck today - don't know how you do it  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2007, 02:00:15 AM »
Just arrived home;there is no sign of kitten we fear he has moved elsewhere on the site which is changing everyday.

Dawn you owe me a quarter of a ciggie as you wanted a share in things will tell the tale another time- simply ubelievable and never seen Claire laugh so much.

Poor babe, hopefully we'll still get him and he'll be okay.  Well done anyway, you must be knackered, I know I am  :tired:  :hug:  Poor mum keeps crying I presume for her baby, what an absolute nightmare  :sad no:  Good news is all my babies are finally quiet.......for now anyway  :tired:

A share means you should be giving me something and I was referring to money earnt  ;)  So I take it you didn't earn any tonight or are you holding out on me  :sneaky:  ;)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 02:30:38 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2007, 01:24:59 AM »
Just arrived home;there is no sign of kitten we fear he has moved elsewhere on the site which is changing everyday.
Going to bottlefeed my babies who at 4 days old have been out on 4 feral trappings already, wander if they will grow up to be good hunters.

Dawn you owe me a quarter of a ciggie as you wanted a share in things will tell the tale another time- simply ubelievable and never seen Claire laugh so much.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2007, 23:43:28 PM »
It's very sad what happened to the mum cat, Ian said she seemed really healthy and well looked after.......tragic waste, again down to bloody breeding  :'(  The babies all seem okay, ones tiny compared to the others so I'll have to keep an eye on that one but all feeding relatively well at the moment  :tired:

Thanks for the hugs guys, I think we all need them at the moment  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2007, 23:37:13 PM »
RIP poor cat.

You both are doing miricle work but remember if you dont sleep and eat you wont be able to keep going. Take care of yourselves as well  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2007, 23:33:42 PM »
It ended up Claire and T going over tonight on their own, with these new babies to feed and with feeling totally exhausted and I have work tomorrow I have to be sensible.  Anyway, spoke to Claire a short while ago, the food we left last night is still there which isn't a good sign  :sad no: They've seen a couple of adult cats, one of which we saw last night so hopefully we'll manage to get them sorted at some stage if they don't go in tonight but not sure whats happened with the baby :(  He could still be in hiding or somewhere else on the site, we just don't know.  We won't give up on him and I left my number with the head of security yesterday who has promised, if he sees him, he'll try and catch him and ring me.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2007, 23:31:43 PM »
RIP Poor Mum & kittens  :(

Its definately all go at your end  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2007, 19:43:38 PM »
I've had to come home and I'll have to meet T and Claire later in Manchester when T's finished her emergency.  As I'm getting ready to help T, I then had a phone call off our local rescue to tell me they had 5 kittens that were born at 12 o'clock last night, and sadly the mum had died  :'(  They didn't know anymore apart from mum had 9 babies, 2 had died, the lady whose cat it was took 2 and they were left with 5.  After a load of pallava getting them as the guy who was bringing them over went to a totally different place, I finally told him to go the vets and I'd meet him there.  Whilst waiting, I whizzed in to get a bottle of milk made up and it turns out mum was in there last night at 8 o'clock and was fine but in labour.  Ian said she was a Siamese and he thinks the labour and the shock of giving birth to 9 kittens killed her  :'(  :'(  Poor mum cat and poor babies  :'(  :'(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2007, 18:52:15 PM »
Blimey, it's all go! I'm never close enough to help with stuff like this.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2007, 18:40:20 PM »
And 19p of that was for me to go away, Dawn only made 1p  :rofl:

If you saw the state of the pair of us you`d understand,think we`ve got to the stage that if we dont laugh we cry.We are urgently trying to get back to Manchester for the kitten but an emergency has come up for Dawn and an emergency for me so hopefully we will meet up on the road and get over for the kitten later this evening. Thank God we have Claire.
Off now Claires just arrived.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2007, 15:43:41 PM »
 :what:  Me and and T only got 20p and that was off 4 peeps  >:(

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2007, 14:35:48 PM »
A lot of them don't look the type to be approached, most are very rough and ready  :scared: 

"... who gave you the 50p?... They all did!"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2007, 14:14:28 PM »
A lot of them don't look the type to be approached, most are very rough and ready  :scared:  The area is one of the worst in Manchester and they probably prostitute just to pay for their drugs.  I think if we lay low we should be okay  ;)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2007, 14:10:49 PM »
Dawn, tell the working girls what you're doing and they'll watch your backs. I've met many a hire lady from my days as a barmaid - they're a sucker for fluffy things in peril.  ;)

Good luck!  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2007, 13:37:33 PM »
Would it help to take his mum to call him?  Or doesnt it work like that?

It wouldn't work, mum would just get distressed and he'll stay away.  It's really sad but hopefully we'll have some luck tonight. There are  other adults there which we need to get, it's too dangerous for them to stay.  One was in the middle of the roundabout on the Main Road, it really is heartwrenching  :'(  :'(  It might end up where we'll go straight to the top but we'll give it a whirl trying to get the kitten this way first.  They are behind schedule and the project is worth a few million pound, we want to keep them sweet at the moment for the kittens sake but if need be, we'll go in for the kill........regardless of how much money they will be out of pocket, they have left it til last minute before calling anyone in, and a little kitten's life is at risk and I'm sorry, but you can't put a price on a kitten.  We weren't meant to be there last night, it was only through the kindness of the security guards that we got on, if the boss finds out, they will probably be sacked and we won't get near.  If that happens, I will get the newspapers involved but as a last resort.  We need to keep our heads low, do everything they say and just pray.

Where we are at is in the middle of the Red Light District, it's very dangerous and is very scarey.........I think it's the worst place I've ever been and I'll be glad when it's all over and done with.  You can't walk down the road without being at risk and we are more at risk now because we are not allowed on site.  We have to sit in the car with doors locked and constantly watch around but if we get these babes out of there, it is well worth it, but tonight being a Friday night will be hell  :tired:

Link to CatChat