Author Topic: URGENT APPEAL TO HELP SAVE Jesiri, a very poorly puss!  (Read 26978 times)

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Re: URGENT APPEAL TO HELP SAVE Jesiri, a very poorly puss!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 16:51:42 PM »
Hi Millys Mum
Milo is on our catchat page along with Mabel another puss with problems....

Still trying to work out what to do for Jesiri (means Gold in African!). Having seen my brothers Burmese have a fixatation on his leg because of injury that has turned out very well, i just want to try the best for this one... But, he will need lots of aftercare, but he could end up with a decent leg.. I dont think the vet would of suggested it if it wasnt possible, just the cost involved. Already on the press realease plea for more funds but that will take a week or so to get in the papers....

Am i being unrealistic on this..?

OMG, three kittens dumped on a driveway on the phone now as well know!

A VERY, VERY BAD DAY!"

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 16:38:17 PM »
animalrescuelive@bbc.co.uk  they feature cats/dogs from other charities so may feature blind puss for you

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 16:25:01 PM »
Poor little babe  :'(  I would opt for the amputation if I had him in my care.   He could go through all the surgery and pain of having a fixator, and the end result might still be he will have to lose it.  He will cope with 3 legs and they do adapt fairly quickly, poor sweetheart though having to go through it all  :'(

If you want me to put a plea out re blind puss, email the details and piccie and I'll see what I can do  :hug:  Also, if you can do a little write up on the little fella, I will send a plea out to try and raise some funds towards his treatment, xxxxxxxxxx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 16:24:14 PM »
A big feature in the local paper with a picture of his sorry face  :( you never know you may find an owner but at least you will get donations. Will the local radio do a feature?
Also what about seeing if the battersea program on BBC1 would do an appeal, il look up their contact details...

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
URGENT APPEAL TO HELP SAVE Jesiri, a very poorly puss!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 16:17:01 PM »
Hello all
I have today been trying my best to save a cat from being PTS.. A young male tom been at the emergency vets siince Sat with fractured leg, broken jaw and maybe pelvis problems.. After receiving no meds for his injuries we got him transfereed to another vets that we use.. He is on a drip.. The vets say he leg is very bad, normally if he was owned by someone they would be thinking about fixation and trying to save it but as he is under CP care they think to save money to amputate.. Cost £500 to take the leg off and £700 to save it.. However he will need treatment for his jaw say £100 and also xrays on this back leg.. There are no guarantees that the leg will be fine with fixation, but it could be.. I am in a huge dilennma as want to at least ry to save Jesirir leg,  he is only around 12 months old, ginger and white.

Our vet bills lately have been huge Baz aloe costing over £600 quid and then Mabel our FIV cat in our care. Truth is there is more going out then coming in and the bad weather has had a effect on our finances..

I dont make the final descision here, but at our meetng last night before this came to our attenion we was going to do a plea in the papers to help with our growing vets bills and also to see if we can get a home for Milo (blind but senile puss).. But this bill could go into 1000 and i am not sure if my heart is ruling my head....!! 

What can be done to a least give Jesiri a chance of saving his leg...!!

Not forgetting the aftercare needed for this one......

Oh my a huge emotion burden and i have no idea what is the best course to take, even if money wasnt an issue..........

Thoughts please!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 16:19:49 PM by canterbury_cats »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat