Author Topic: I am sooooooooooooo angry  (Read 20596 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: I am sooooooooooooo angry
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »
Think we may have travelled the first inch of a thousand mile journey; Tiggy has reluctantly left the cat carrier with a little gentle persuasion; she has eaten her chicken and dry food during the night and used her tray; urine smells very strong so will be keeping watchful eye over weekend. She doesn`t want to go in her bed yet and is lying on the pen floor and still hissing and growling at us but at least her ears stay upright now,you can see the  misery in her eyes poor love.
Sox on the other hand thinks the service is wonderful,his third eyelids are showing and I suspect he is not as well as he looks.
I am at a loss as to why these two apparently hate each other, there is no chance of putting them together as things are.
Heres pics of Tiggy and Sox taken this morning.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 22:26:20 PM »
Oh Teresa words fail me ... well ones that I can say on here  >:(

What  :censored: evil scum and I pray they get what they deserve  >:(

Tiggy and Sox are beautiful and the poor wee things must be so frightened and confused bless their wee paws.

Thank goodness they are with you at Pawsinn getting 24/7 love and attention, even although poor wee Tiggy doesn't realise it at the moment.

I have seen first hand the wonderful way you have turned a terrified, come-near-me-and-I'll-take-your-hand-off furbabes into a loving cuddlebums. With lots of your unconditional love and understanding I am sure, in time, Tiggy will realise the not all humans are evil and some can be trusted.

Sending them both lots of love and hugs (from a distance for Tiggy) xxxxxxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 21:37:47 PM »
Sox looks gorgeous and suspect Tiggy is too, I am so pleased they are with you and they are maybe also grieving for their owner as well as being hurt by what happened to them after. One min ute they have a home and next minute strangers chuck em out of their home in the rain  >:( >:( >:( >:(

I hope that they are both healthy and I am sure that you are the one they needed to meet to have a chance  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2007, 21:28:38 PM »
Am glad she has eaten, even if she is still confused and angry, am sure in your care she will come round though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 21:20:11 PM »
Tiggy refused food so I bought a cooked chicken and dropped a whole breast into the carrier;did it earn me any brownie points? No she ate it and had another go at me. To quote Christine " This is going to be a long haul flight"

She ate the chicken!  We have take-off, then.   :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 20:18:16 PM »
Absolutely. She has had a lot to cope with and will take a while. Lots of talking at her and soothing thoughts sent her way. Poor wee thing. :scared:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 20:14:54 PM »
Think my time would be spent more wisely in caring for the cats , have long since given up on getting help from certain organisations.
Sox has enjoyed a much needed groom and is quite relaxed now; he is very thin under all the fur will probably get him checked over on Monday.
Tiggy left the carrier briefly to use her tray but then returned to it; despite spending lots of time with her today she is worse than ever; she refused food so I bought a cooked chicken and dropped a whole breast into the carrier;did it earn me any brownie points? No she ate it and had another go at me. To quote Christine " This is going to be a long haul flight"
The main thing is that they are safe and being cared for.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 20:13:59 PM »
Oh, I wasn't suggesting returning the cats to them - no way!!! Not to blooming  :censored: ratbags like that. No, I was following through on Angie's thought of prosecuting them. Serve them right and maybe give them a wakeup call. Horrid apologies for human beings that they are ...

Offline momo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 20:10:35 PM »
Think of the other way, its lucky these 2 poor things found Teresa and stay with her for the time being. Can't imagine what will happen if the greedy people took them.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 17:48:15 PM »
You could possibly build an argument based on the fact that they took (responsibility for) the rest of his possessions. Cats are, in the eyes of the law, possessions and are therefore the responsibility of the beneficiaries of the estate ....hmmmmmm

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 15:38:30 PM »
I'd report it to the RSPCA , get them for abandonment!
I'm not sure if that would apply (though it should), as they never accepted resposibilty for the cats. It would be worth a try though.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 15:07:29 PM »
I'd report it to the RSPCA , get them for abandonment!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 11:39:44 AM »
There are some disgusting creatures around - I hope they all get run over by a bus. >:(
Wouldn't it be a turnaround if the old man has left the money to whoever looks after the cats - I bet they would be begging for them back then.

Well done Saint Teresa - I know you're angry but they landed in the right place - no scum will mistreat them again.

WELL SAID MARK - (and a slow painful death trapped under the buses wheels of course !!!)

Teresa, i am sure once the scared one calms down *it* will enjoy a cuddle

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 10:38:10 AM »
Disgraceful, how these people sleep at night is beyond me.  Tiggy and Sox are lucky to have found you Teresa, even if Tiggy doesn't quite realise it yet.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 10:27:32 AM »
Glad they're with you.

And I'm sure they'll settle down soon.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 10:20:39 AM »
I have just seen this.  Words fail me.

Sounds like this is going to be a long haul flight, T.  But if anyone can win these poor mites round, you can - they have come to the right place.  Cuddles from me for both of them, when you are able.

xC

Edited to add: poor man too.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 12:20:57 PM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 10:17:27 AM »
Awwww. I am sending a hug to Sox, but an especially huge one to Tiggy who sounds like she needs a lot of love right now. (S'alright I'll deal with the maiming sent back at this point in time!)

Can't say it enough. Well done, Teresa. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 09:55:26 AM »
They have names already Tiggy and Sox.
Sox the longhaired one is still frightened but has eaten a little and enjoyed a stroke.
Tiggy is terrified and angry enough to seriously injure anyone that goes near, she is still sat in her carrier and refuses to move;she will not let me near and I am not going to manhandle her to get her out it will make her worse poor love. She hasn`t eaten and it only takes one kind word to get her ears flat on her head and be hissed and growled at,she is going to take a long time.
Have had to put them in seperate pens for the time being as Tiggy was even lashing out at Sox.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 09:49:47 AM »
Poor little souls .... I also hope the old chap has left a fortune to his kitties and comes back and haunts the scummy relatives.

Big hugs and kitty kisses to these two.  The one consolation is at least they have each other for comfort.  :Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 09:38:40 AM »
Aw, poor little ones  :'(  Hope they're not too scared by all that's happened, and that they both come round enough to give them some cuddles and find them their new forever home soon.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 07:36:46 AM »
Aww, the poor babies, how terrifying for them both. I am glad they are safe and sound now, and hope that they recover from this quickly, and can find a wonderful forever home.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 07:24:21 AM »
Oh T. This makes me so sad and so very very angry. The poor babies. Expendable. I hope you're right Mark. I hope the old man knew what his relatives were like and well and truly  :censored: their hopes of getting anything!

The blessing and silver lining is that they have you now Teresa. You are their saviour and you know it.  I bet they are being given the 5 star treatment all your babies get as we speak.

Once you have some photos if you struggle with names give me a shout :). Can't wait to see them.

I hope they aren't with you for long, that a loving forever home takes them in.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 07:43:13 AM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 00:13:14 AM »
There are some disgusting creatures around - I hope they all get run over by a bus. >:(
Wouldn't it be a turnaround if the old man has left the money to whoever looks after the cats - I bet they would be begging for them back then.

Well done Saint Teresa - I know you're angry but they landed in the right place - no scum will mistreat them again.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 23:42:35 PM »
I really can't understand the mentality of people who would just throw animals away like they're rubbish  >:(

I do believe in Karma though....

Well done Theresa  :cheer:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 23:35:07 PM »
Teresa, well done for taking them in. (I would assume a small amount of juggling went on to fit them in!) Poor old things. It'd be wonderful if people realised that an animal isn't a disposable commodity.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 23:24:10 PM »
Its not appropriate to laugh but loved that.

Thank goodness for that neighbour cos there could have been two dead cats by morning  >:(

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 23:21:35 PM »
The neighbour who phoned me asked the relatives to leave an old piece of dead owners clothing for cats to sleep on, she was refused.
I dont swear usually but, this deserves my strongest
Sugar Plum Fairies

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 23:16:17 PM »
Poor babies  :'(

Glad they have found their way to you Teresa x 

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 23:09:47 PM »
Think the laid back one is 8-10years, and the terrified one is  a bit younger , dont even know what sex the older one is as longhaired and cant see through tears, the younger one is shorthaired tabby.
Will try and get pics in morning

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 23:07:02 PM »
Some people are sick little  :censored: Well I really hope they do get haunted for the rest of their days and made to suffer in the process  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  Similar happened with the poor old ginger boy last week, his owner has been in hospital for about 8 months, a relative was meant to be looking after her cat and basically dumped it outside and fed him every few days  :censored:  :censored:  I got a phone call off one of the other neighbours as he was poorly and sadly he had to be pts that night and the laugh of it was, the relative who was meant to be looking after him was so upset that he'd been put down  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:

I'm sure with some tlc, they'll come round T......give them a big cuddle for me, xxxxx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 23:02:58 PM »
Awww, Teresa. That's appalling behaviour. Please pass on huge cuddles to the one that will allow it and also to the other when they're comfortable enough to get fuss.

How old are they both would you say?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 23:02:35 PM »
That is terrible and you are quite rightly very angry.  Poor cats must wonder what they did to deserve this and also must hate humans but I am sure that with you they will see a different side, bet they loved their owner though.  :'(

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
I am sooooooooooooo angry
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 22:59:23 PM »
Poor man dropped dead very early this morning,he lived alone apart from his 2 cats who were with him when he died. His relatives apparently have made good use of the day going through his bits and pieces.They left the house around 8pm after throwing the cats out in the street and telling the neighbour they were no longer wanted so to arrange for a rescue to collect them or let them roam the streets.
The poor cats looking like drowned rats are now unhappily with me,one is so terrified she let rip at me and is growling and hissing for England, the second poor thing is glad of a cuddle but sitting looking so dejected as evidently this is the second time he has lost a human.
Hope poor cats owner haunts his relatives for a very long time, not like me to get angry and upset but these two have just upset me so much

Link to CatChat