Author Topic: A Trappers Tale  (Read 8806 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: A Trappers Tale
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 17:03:33 PM »
On second look i can see her bald bit   :doh:
What a lovely surprise that will be for her!  :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 16:30:06 PM »
No Millys Mum,this one has now been spayed; we havent seen the pregnant one and its my guess she has gone off and given birth somewhere in which case it will be a 5 week wait until she brings her kittens out,but we are patient if nothing else.The pregnant one is a Minimopsical look alike.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 16:02:47 PM »
Shes beautiful, is this the pregnant one?

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 15:59:07 PM »
 :rofl: oh what a night that must have been

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 15:55:07 PM »
Little Miss Feisty was waiting to greet us last night; she could almost have been holding a banner saying "wheres the trap ;Come on feed me" :evillaugh:
So Big Daddy stayed in the crush cage a while longer while we unloaded the trap from my now seriously smelly car and set it up.
All I can say is that considering Miss Feisty had been so eager to go into the trap she was mightily ungrateful when it went off and even more so when we tried to transfer her to the crush cage,thankfully I enlisted the help of a brick wall that just happened to be standing there. :rofl:
Big Daddy didnt hang around long enough to say farewell but during the coarse of the evening was spotted doing the rounds and re scenting all his favourite spots and very likely showing off his new Tick and Nut Free image :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 20:01:57 PM »
Teresa sounds like my kind of trapping!  I have full Hy vis gear as it always rains when I am trapping so I glow from a distance and an somewhat noticeable!

He is a lovely boy just something about the blacks and Miss Sunshine is gorgeous looks like our Amber

I think we should write a book it would be a best seller!!!!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 17:26:47 PM »
Oh Teresa! I'm sitting here wetting myself with laughter, being given some seriously odd looks by a very bemused Siamese cat.  :rofl:

Big Daddy sounds like a real character, and so does Miss Sunshine. I hope the release goes well and that you find the other lass you're looking for.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 16:10:42 PM »
Big Daddy has left his friends The Tick and Flea family at the vets along with a part of his anatomy he would have preferred to keep and is now sat in the crush cage in the kitchen waiting for the journey home this evening. He is even bigger than I realised and fills the cage so getting a good picture is out;maybe he will pose when hes back in the wild. He looks superb now he has been cleaned up; he reminds me of our dear Growee on the bridge,definately my kind of boy.
Wonder what I`ll get plastered in tonight; must admit we hardly ever stop laughing.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 15:49:30 PM »
Good work!
I reckon you should arm grumpy with a camera so we can see some action shots  :rofl:

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 11:09:11 AM »
shes beautiful  :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 11:01:09 AM »
She is a little darling, how on earth did she cope with all that going on!

Can picture you now T covered in all sorts  :rofl: Whatever gets the job done eh?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
A Trappers Tale
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 10:35:44 AM »
A Trappers Tale

Location 35 miles away from Paws Inn and information received that an injured feral needs help.
Our trusty trio ( Claire, Grumpy and yours truly ) armed with trap crush cages and pilchards are soon on site; an enormous business park which we soon realise has more than 1 feral. There are lots of different security stations too so it meant a good walk round them all to explain what we wanted to do and why and of course getting them on our side.
Traps set we sat down ready to tuck into chocolate donuts, have you ever tasted them through pilchard covered fingers- wonderful  :rofl:. We spotted other ferals that all need to be neutered and then by a miracle our injured girl goes into the trap. We called her Little Miss Sunshine; it turned out her injuries were old, a broken ankle ,broken toe and one and a half toes had been torn away; the vet said she had been coping well with the injury so amputation wasn’t advisable so spay, worm and flea treated this lovely girl is now back at the colony  :).
We spotted a heavily pregnant girl and hoped to catch her last night. Security took us in a building where he thought she may be; it involved a bit of crawling around and yours truly crawled flat on her belly to investigate one likely area getting plastered in cement from head to foot  :rofl:, while the more intelligent and ladylike Claire found an easier way in and as ever remained immaculate in appearance. I now know how they did make up on Worzel Gummidge  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. I feel I should mention that at this point Grumpy (oh) was sat in the car eating the 2 tiny pieces of fudge that was all the food we had between us  , typical greedy man :shify:
The security guard had warned us about a big black Tom who is very nasty towards them, he said he wouldn’t fit in the trap; well the lovely lad went straight in and is currently losing a couple of nuts and more ticks than I have ever seen on a cat before. We have called him Big Daddy as he`s obviously the Alpha male, he`s a good lad despite spending hours in the car he hung onto everything until I handed him into the vets this morning and promptly sprayed everywhere,the nurse wasn`t amused must admit I was delighted. :evillaugh:
Sadly we didn’t spot the pregnant girl last night, but will be back on site tonight to return Big daddy and reset our traps; will take some pics before we release him.

Link to CatChat