Author Topic: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray/RIP sweetheart  (Read 90798 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray
« Reply #745 on: April 19, 2009, 17:56:30 PM »
What did she have done Pav?
Nothing major, just blood test and shaved because she was badly matted.
I decided not to take phoebe t emergency today because it means more sedation, i have been up since 4 am and been trying to give her the tablets but she is not having it, i wasted so mant felimazole and fortekor and then thought i am stressing her and my self if she doesnt want to take it then i have to accept .
She does want to eat but it looks like her mouth or throat is sore, i wonder if she has got problem in her gum again! In October when she stoped eating and i kept taking her to the vets every time she was admited for 2 or 3 days then sent back home and back again, thats when she was diagnosed with thyroid but when i changed her vet in December the new vet found out she had a huge hole in her gum, so i am thinking if after the visit on friday its happened again, i am going to call her vet in the morning and see if he does home visits?
She did go out today and had loads of grass to eat , i hope it helps her. She is sleeping now.
Boy is not good aswell, his head is worse than 2 days ago and now he try to pick the food with his riight side of the mouth which makes it difficult so since last night i have benn putting the food in my hand and he eats from my hand, i dont like to see him like this , its breaking my heart but the vet said to wait for 2-3 weeks and it may improve! IF it doesnt i have to make the decision.
I am really stressed, it seems in last 2 years i have spent all my time in and out of different vets. This morning when Phoebe was not taking her tablets i just burst in to tears, am trying so hard to keep them happy and healthy and is just not working. I just want to say thank you to every one for their support and it just means a lot. I better stop now.Thabkx . x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #744 on: April 19, 2009, 16:01:40 PM »
Hope everyone is feeling better today Pav.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #743 on: April 19, 2009, 15:43:45 PM »
How is everything today, Pav?  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #742 on: April 19, 2009, 01:54:00 AM »
Oh what a time for you!  :hug:

Sending positive vibes to you all~~~~~~~ :Luv: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #741 on: April 18, 2009, 23:57:38 PM »
I am so pleased that Boy is back home with you and hope that his head tilt gradually improves  :hug: :hug:

I hope Phoebe feels  better tomorrow, I dont think she should still be feeling the effects cos blood yests and shave dont take that long. The weight may not have been recorded cos they just weighed her and didnt note it down, All cats look so thin with out their fur especially when they have fur like Phoebe.

I am thinking of you all  :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #740 on: April 18, 2009, 20:20:54 PM »
What did she have done Pav?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #739 on: April 18, 2009, 20:09:06 PM »

I called the emergency vet and after explaining every thing i was told to keep an eye on her and make sure she drinks, I told him thats what i have been doing all night and all day today >:(  Oh and he said to keep her warm! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I dont think this vet works for the surgery , and if he did i dont want him to treat Phoebe.
I am going to wait till tomorrow and if she is not eating by then then i call the emergency in Victoria, my neighbour took Flyn there one sunday and they were really good.
She is drinking water, so i have been  puting down fresh food and adding warm water to it and she licks the water and leave the food.

I dont think they put the tube down her throat! I know she was given fluid while sedated because of her kidney. My worry is that she didnt have her med yesterday and today and i was told her thyroid is fine but her kidney is worse than last time when she had the tests in January.

She just looks so tiny and skinny with no fur on :( 
  I will update tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #738 on: April 18, 2009, 18:35:23 PM »
Oh poor Phoebe, will she take liquid Pav?  Maybe her throat is sore cos they put a tube down it don't they?  I remember when I had anaesthetic at hospital my throat was really sore when the painkillers wore off.  Def give the emergency vet a ring for advice and update us when you can.  Hugs to you all  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #737 on: April 18, 2009, 18:15:48 PM »
Our emergency vets give advice over the phone too.

Poor Phoebe  :(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #736 on: April 18, 2009, 17:31:40 PM »
I would ring the emergency vets PAv, they dont mind giving advice over the phone (or at least ours dont), it is odd they didn't register her weight though, but maybe they dont need to for a sedation. I would be worried about her reluctance to eat though. Fingers crossed
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #735 on: April 18, 2009, 16:23:55 PM »
Not sure Pav but I know for humans the effects after can be pretty grim, myself and a few other people I know have felt really groggy for a week after.  I would though just ring the emergency vets if I were you just say you are concerned you need to put your mind at rest  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #734 on: April 18, 2009, 16:17:01 PM »
 I am really worried about Phoebe, does any one know how long it ususally takes for anaesthetic to wearoff?

She was sedated yesterday for her blood tests and to be shaved, but when i went to collect her i asked them about her weight and they couldnt find it in her file, so i am thinking how could they give her anaesthetic with out knowing her weight, can they just guess by the size of a cat?
Since i brought her home is more than 24 hours now but she is still shaking  and refusing to eat she wants to eat but is like she has sore throat and ia mworry because she hasnt had her felimazole now for 2 days and her fortekor for 1 day :( :(. Her vet is closed today and tomorrow and i dont want to call the emergency. :tired:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #733 on: April 18, 2009, 11:41:05 AM »
Hope everyone is feeling better this morning?  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #732 on: April 17, 2009, 21:26:33 PM »
Silly me I was waiting for you to come on here Pav to post, didn't realise you did earlier I was busy and not on here this afternoon  :doh:

Glad that Boy is back home with you  :) I can understand your worries about the head tilt but I can say that Schui's was like that for a very long time before it got worse and Boy's is probably not what Schui's was and may go so try not to get too worried  :hug:

Hope Mr T is back with you as normal very soon xx
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 21:28:16 PM by janeyk »

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #731 on: April 17, 2009, 20:53:50 PM »
Sniffy neighbours!  I hope Mr T comes back, he came to rely on you for his food, naughty foxes.  Hope too that BOY's condition improves, at least he is home with you now,  How did Phoebe get on?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #730 on: April 17, 2009, 18:25:52 PM »
Fingers crossed he improves soon Pav.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #729 on: April 17, 2009, 18:04:51 PM »
There is only a short wall between our house and next door , and the foxes can jump on the wall. Also Mr Tramp always stays under the cars and wait for his food, so i leave the food under the car. There is also the neighbours they are not happy with me feeding cats or foxes or even birds cos it attrack the pigeons, so i have to consider them :innocent:

Thanks, Boy is at home with me. I picked him up this morning when i droped Phoebe off but i watched him all afternoon and his head still tilts to one side, i dont like to see him like this :( When i went to pick Phoebe i saw his vet and asked him if he is going to get better or not? He said tbh i have seen this in dogs only but never in a cat, he said he treats 2 or 3 dogs a year with this condition and usually they recover after a while but with Boy he doesnt know the cause and is best to give him two or three weeks and see how it goes  :scared: I just dont know what else to do, i guess i just have to wait and see.
I will update on him if there is any changes.  :thanks: 

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #728 on: April 17, 2009, 15:36:25 PM »
Wonder if you could put the food up higher Pav.....some on the floor for the foxes not to go hungry though?  ;)

Is BOY home with you now?  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #727 on: April 17, 2009, 12:05:41 PM »
  Good luck with Phoebe tomorrow and how is Mr Tramp doing?  :hug:

Thanks .
Sadly i havent seen Mr Tramp for last few weeks, i think whats been happening is that the foxes come really early these days and  take everything so he comes and there is nothing for him . I do topup the food few times but there are just so many of them around!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #726 on: April 16, 2009, 21:17:29 PM »
Such a relief for you Pav - hope it doesn't come back. :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #725 on: April 16, 2009, 19:51:08 PM »
I am SO pleased to hear BOY is improving and bet you can't wait to have him home.  Good luck with Phoebe tomorrow and how is Mr Tramp doing?  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #724 on: April 16, 2009, 18:18:38 PM »
Really pleased to hear this news -hope he continues to improve and it was nothing serious  :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #723 on: April 16, 2009, 18:04:00 PM »
Glad he is seeming better, good luck with the increased steroids, and hope he doesn't get anymore
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #722 on: April 16, 2009, 17:44:54 PM »
 :hug: oh Pav I nearly daredn't read this but I am so pleased he's improved that is such good news, I bet you can't wait to fetch him home, give him a big hug from me tomorrow  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #721 on: April 16, 2009, 17:29:48 PM »
The main thing is he is doing well for now. :Luv:

I am going to pick him up tomorrow morning when i drop Phoebe off , and thankyou again for all your support and good vibes. :hug: :hug:

Fab news! Bet you cant wait to see him, hugs to you both!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #720 on: April 16, 2009, 17:20:30 PM »
Thankyou every one. :hug:

I called the vet at 4pm and they said Boy is much better, he hasnt been sick and started eating again :) The x-ray shows no disease in his middle ear, they told me is no known cause and it can happen again , the only way to find if a tumour is in brain is to do the MRI, but even there is one it may effect some where else the next time and there is no treatment except steroids which he already is on Prednisolone one every other day but the vet said to increase it to one every day for now and see how he gets on. His head still tilts to one side but not as bad as yesterday. I just have to bring him home and see what happens.  The main thing is he is doing well for now. :Luv:

I am going to pick him up tomorrow morning when i drop Phoebe off , and thankyou again for all your support and good vibes. :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #719 on: April 16, 2009, 07:42:59 AM »
Hope the lovely BOY is feeling better today:)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #718 on: April 16, 2009, 06:53:57 AM »
 :hug:  :hug: Thinking of you and hoping for good news today Pav xx

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #717 on: April 15, 2009, 19:39:14 PM »
Hope Boy is feeling better soon   :get well:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #716 on: April 15, 2009, 18:08:32 PM »
Fingers crossed he can feel better with the fluids and that it is just an infection - there are cats on here who have beat Vestibular Syndrome
Please spay your cat

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #715 on: April 15, 2009, 17:57:05 PM »
Sorry just caught up with this , Pav im so sorry Boy has taken a turn for the worst and really hope the vet can help him and fingers crossed its a virus or infection that can be treated, poor lamb hes been through so much, i will be thinking of you both  :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #714 on: April 15, 2009, 17:51:40 PM »
I dont think that the xray will show anything because if he does have an ear problem it will be a virus or an infection. Being sick is something that happens to those with a very bad balance problem if they are dizzy.

I do hope that the vet can help Boy and both of you are in my thoughts  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #713 on: April 15, 2009, 16:27:46 PM »
hope boy starts to feel better soon  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #712 on: April 15, 2009, 16:24:48 PM »
 :hug: :hug:to you and BOY.  I hope he settles and they can give him treatment.  Will be thinking of you and checking for updates  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #711 on: April 15, 2009, 14:04:44 PM »
Aw Pav....hope BOY improves... :Luv: :grouphug: x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #710 on: April 15, 2009, 13:54:38 PM »
Hope the injection and the fluids do him some good  :hug: :hug: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #709 on: April 15, 2009, 13:42:55 PM »
:hug: awww Pav, Boy was the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was check fr any news, keeping everything crossed that things turn out ok, hugs to you both  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #708 on: April 15, 2009, 13:37:06 PM »
Thankyou every one. :hug:
Boy started being sick last night around 1am and and then refused to eat, he did manage to make it to his tray but then lost his balance and fall in there so i cleaned him and closed the child gate in the bedroom so he could rest.
This morning he started being sick again and didnt want any food, so i called the vet and took him in, his own vet was there so he watched him walking for a while and was concerned about his eye sisght :( :(  His head and ear still tilts to right side and after walking few steps he fall on his face.
The vetsaid its Vestibular Syndrom and is either to do with his middleear or brain,if its in middle ear then the x-tray will show some thing but if is in his brain then its MRI needed which he doesnt recomend, he thinks is more likely to be a tumour because of the Lymphoma and his condition but i asked him to do the x-tray just to see if he finds anything. Boy is going to stay there over night to get some fluid since he has stopped eating and he doesnt drink water so thats is to stop him getting dehydrated, then tomorrow they will do the x-tray .

The vet said he will give him anti nausea injection because for him right now is like feeling sea sick all the time and he doesnt know where is up or down or anything :'( Its very important for him to rest also he wants to see how he feels after 24 hours. I just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow, i pray he hasnt lost his eye sight, i asked the vet if he is n any pain because if he is i wont let him suffer but he said no its just like being sea sick all the time.I thought after being through every thing with Boy if anything happens i will be able to handle it , just didnt expect to feel like this. :(

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #707 on: April 15, 2009, 12:31:06 PM »

I went to sit in bedroom with him but he started hissing at me, i was shocked and confused, its so unlike him but he looked really scared and at the moment he cant stand so i am hopping the antibiotic injection helps. I put lots of small pillows around him so if he gets up and fall he doesnt hurt himself :( If any one has any advise please tell me. Thankx

Oh Pav, I dont like to hear that Boy is like that  :'(

I really hope the anti injection makes him feel better really quickly  xxxx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #706 on: April 15, 2009, 11:04:19 AM »
Sorry I can't advise Pav but wishing Boy and you the best - I hope he improves and it isn't Vestibular Syndrome  :hug:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:05:17 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat