Author Topic: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray/RIP sweetheart  (Read 90808 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray
« Reply #785 on: April 27, 2009, 01:43:36 AM »
So sorry Pheobe wont eat, such a terrible worry and wish I knew an answer.

Thinking of Phoebe and you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #784 on: April 26, 2009, 21:36:13 PM »
good luck at the vets. I hope so much the (right) vet sorts out something for Phoebe and she manages to eat something asap. Sorry you have all these worries at once  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #783 on: April 26, 2009, 19:46:26 PM »
Come on Phoebe  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #782 on: April 26, 2009, 18:28:53 PM »
So sorry about Phoebe Pav - hugs to you both.   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #781 on: April 26, 2009, 10:36:51 AM »
Thanks Desley, i think i have to take her in tomorrow :( I was up at 5 this morning to give her the tablets but she doesnt want to know i cooked her fresh prawn, tried steak, liver , cat food but she is not eating  :( :(
I just hope her vet is working tomorrow.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #780 on: April 26, 2009, 09:02:45 AM »
Glad that Boy is doing better, and fingers crossed Phoebe will soon put the weight on with eating again. I would give the vets a quick call about the tabs, they might be Piriton, but they would be able to give you the correct dosage.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #779 on: April 25, 2009, 21:22:48 PM »
Thankyou every one :hug:
I am so glad Boy is fine,  but i dont know whats the best thing to do for Phoebe? She looks really down and she has the look of feeling sorry for her self :( She has lost weight since last friday when she visited the vets. First i thought she looks thin because she is shaved but today she sat on my knee and i can feel how thin she has become. I was told her thyroid is fine and her kidney is worse since her last test.

I dont want to stress her with the vet visit because even if i manage to get her to her carriear without Xanax, the vet would sedate her for more tests and that is not good for her kidneys :(
I remember 2 years ago the vet gave her some tablets for her allergies but cant remembr the name  :-: Is there anything i can try for allergies?
Thankx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #778 on: April 25, 2009, 17:35:18 PM »
Glad to hear BOY is back to normal bless him.  Sorry to hear about Phoebe, does sound like an allergy bless her.  Sorry to hear about your meds silly woman, bless you Pav xxxx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #777 on: April 25, 2009, 17:05:11 PM »
I am so glad that Boy is doing well and it does sound like Phoebe has an allergy all the blossom pollens are about right now. [...] Sorry to hear about your meds! hope you get it sorted  :hug:

Seconded by me  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #776 on: April 25, 2009, 07:25:09 AM »
I am so glad that Boy is doing well and it does sound like Phoebe has an allergy all the blossom pollens are about right now.  I hope keeping her inside helps, we have had a couple of sneezy cats too and it's not nice for them.  Sorry to hear about your meds! hope you get it sorted  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #775 on: April 25, 2009, 06:46:01 AM »
Glad Boy's better. Maybe Phoebe has a spring allergy sort of thing that will pass? There's a lot of allergens flying about. I hope she is fine asap too (not off her food?). Good luck with Boots too.
Thanks Kate,
I think you might be right about the allergy. She started going out again only last week and the way she sneezes is just 10 times or more one after another and her eye is as she is crying but only from one eye! I am going to see if she let s me clean it with some tea?
I remember when she came to me was June 2 years ago and it was then that she went out for the first time and after few weeks her face  and eyes started getting really sore and pink . The vet said it was allergy and even though they did every test possible they couldnt find what the allergy was , in the end they said it could be airborn and they also said she had  some kind of storage allergy which is rear in London and is found in country!! But they also said that wasnt the cause but she has it?  I am going to keep her in till monday and see how it goes.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #774 on: April 25, 2009, 00:25:52 AM »
So pleased that Boys head is back to normal  ;D

I hope that Pheobe will be OK in a couple of days and its just an allergy sort of thing  :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #773 on: April 24, 2009, 23:35:55 PM »
Yes, it could be a allergy of some sort - i have felt like i have got a cold the last few days and keep sneezing , but its not a cold and i haven''t suffered from hay fever before !?

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #772 on: April 24, 2009, 23:13:43 PM »
Glad Boy's better. Maybe Phoebe has a spring allergy sort of thing that will pass? There's a lot of allergens flying about. I hope she is fine asap too (not off her food?). Good luck with Boots too.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #771 on: April 24, 2009, 23:07:51 PM »
Really pleased to hear Boy is a lot better , hope Phoebe hasn''t picked up anything nasty and she picks up over the week-end .
Hope you get your meds sorted tomorrow .
 :hug: :hug:  to you all.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #770 on: April 24, 2009, 22:12:45 PM »
Thanks Chrissie . :hug:

Boy is doing well, his head is back to normal and he is eating well. :)

Phoebe, i am concern , since yesterday she started sneezing a lot and this morning her eye was watery , i managed to wipe it with my hand but it looks like tears running down her face and only from one eye and her nose too! I am thinking she caught cat flu when she was hospitalized for few nights in old vet and maybe the flu is back :scared: I will call the vet on Monday and see what he thinks, i just don't want to stress her with another vet visit. Poor baby :(
Me , i just went to unpack my med which i bought from boots today and realized that  :censored: woman didn't put them in the bag >:( she just put the toiletry in and left the med >:( Grrrrrrrrr  Well is nothing i can do now, i call them tomorrow and see what they say! X

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #769 on: April 24, 2009, 21:31:22 PM »
How are your babies and you Pav  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #768 on: April 22, 2009, 21:06:41 PM »
I am glad both of them seem better and eating more today - your lab's tests must be different to mine for thyroid, 55 is the top end of normal for mine, so 62 would only just be above normal.
Thankyou Desley, i was told the top end of normal is 61 but in a cat with medication 62 is high!
I also remember when Phoebe was first diagnosed her level was 182 and then it went down to 80 if i remember right, and they said it should be about 60 and they cut her felimazole to one a day, this was with the old vet but when i moved her to the new vet they changed it back to 2 a day and thats the 5mg.
Last 2  times they did the test for Phoebe her thyroid was fine(January& April) but my vet said to keep her on 2 a day because thats what keep her level down and i mentioned both Boy and Phoebe dose were cut by the old vet when the level came down but he said no is best to keep them on higher dose as it wont do any harm if they take higher dose?!
So i dont think is the lab tests, its just my new vet thinks is better to have higher dose than low one!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #767 on: April 22, 2009, 07:54:16 AM »
I am glad both of them seem better and eating more today - your lab's tests must be different to mine for thyroid, 55 is the top end of normal for mine, so 62 would only just be above normal.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #766 on: April 22, 2009, 07:50:27 AM »
Wonderful news hope they both continue to improve and you can all enjoy some happy days in the sun

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #765 on: April 22, 2009, 01:31:39 AM »
Sooooooooooooooo pleased that things are looking up for them and long may that continue. Food yessssssssssssss, great Phoebe is eating  ;D ;D ;D :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #764 on: April 22, 2009, 01:28:22 AM »
Excellent...Im so happy for you all!  ;D :Luv: :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #763 on: April 21, 2009, 22:03:03 PM »
What good news ;D

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #762 on: April 21, 2009, 22:02:03 PM »
I am so pleased that Phoebe has had her tablet and started eating and Boy is getting better too.
Hope as each day goes by they both continue to improve and be fit and well again.
Big  :hug: :hug: :hug:  to all of you.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 22:02:26 PM by bunglycat »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #761 on: April 21, 2009, 20:44:36 PM »
 :) awwww, that's such good news Pav, I am so pleased and you must feel alot happier now too.  Hope they both continue to improve and hugs to you all  :grouphug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #760 on: April 21, 2009, 20:35:19 PM »
Thankyou every one.
Its some good news, i managed to give Phoebe half the tablet last night with some webbox, strange thing was after a while she started howling and would not stop, i dont think it was the Periactin :scared: So i moved my duvet downstairs and stayed with her on sofa all night .
This morning she started crying not howling just cry so i got her some food and she ate, i was so pleased i managed to give her the medication and then she spent the afternoon out side in the sun :Luv: She looks brighter and i have been feeding her small amount of food every few hours so i hope she carry on eating .
Gill i thought of furball because she had lots more grass today aswell but she hasnt been sick! BUt the Periactin has worked and i am so grateful i dont have to take her back right now.
After spending 4 days in my bedroom, Boy came down today and had some thing to eat and then manged to pick up the stinkie and went back upstaris :Crazy: His head looks a bit better today so am hoping the steroids are helping .
Gill he is not on any different medication for his condition, but the vet increased his steroid from one every other day to one every day, and his felimazole to 2 aday because his thyroid level was 62 and he said its high. So i am keeping my fingers crossed that things start to improve for all of us, it was a very long and tireing week :tired:
Thankyou every one for your support , i see how the next couple of days go and i will update on both phoebe and Boy. :hug:
Sending big  :hug: :hug: to all the poorly cats here on purrs.x

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #759 on: April 21, 2009, 19:40:30 PM »
Thinking  of you as well :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #758 on: April 21, 2009, 09:47:07 AM »
Thinking of you all!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #757 on: April 21, 2009, 07:44:48 AM »
Fingers crossed the Periactin works, I have used that in the past. I hope she starts to eat today and doesn't have to go back to the vets. I hope Boy is lookign a bit better today
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #756 on: April 21, 2009, 05:39:41 AM »
How are Phoebe and Boy today Pav? do hope there's some improvement  :hug: :hug:

Thinking of you xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #755 on: April 21, 2009, 02:17:43 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about Boy and Pheobe and wonder if Phoebe has a furball cos of all the grass she is eating.

I think that fighting to medicate her is far too stressful but thats just my opinion and that she wants to sit on your knee despite this, is wonderful cos she is telling you how much she loves you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think , and again just my opinion that 2-3 weeks to see if Boy improves is too long if he is getting worse.......cant remember if he is on meds for his head problem but if not this does not sound good, I am so sorry  :hug: :hug:

If he can eat from your hand that is good and it will make it less stressful for him. Just a thought have you tried raising his dishes, about the height of a sick pack od coke is usually about right.....dont know if he may find that too hard.............I do hope he improves in the next few days and also Phoebe cos its hard enough to look after one sick cat and you have two.

All my very bestest thoughts to Boy, Pheobe and you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #754 on: April 20, 2009, 21:29:03 PM »
So sorry she is still being difficult, it is so worrying for you.  Hope you can manage to get the med inside her to perk up her appetite.  Hope BOY is feeling better too?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #753 on: April 20, 2009, 19:48:44 PM »
I did go to see the vet and he said he remember looking in her mouth and there was no hole or problem in her gum or mouth, he is not sure why she is not eating and said the anaesthetic should wear off after24 hours but when a cat is older and have kidney problem then it mayb be different :( He said he needs to see her but mean while gave me a tablet called Periactin which is antihestime and said if i can get her to take it then it will give her appetite and she may start eating, well i tried but she doesnt want to take it, she went out again and had more grass !
If she doesnt start eating by tomorrow i will take her in :tired: The vet also said not to worry toomuch if she doesnt take her fortekor and felimazole for few days? The only thing she wants to do is to sit on my lap!

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #752 on: April 20, 2009, 19:01:19 PM »
So tough when two are ill at the same time. :(
 :hug: :hug:
Jas
 X

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #751 on: April 20, 2009, 16:46:19 PM »
Just popped on to see how BOY and Phoebe and YOU are doing today Pav?  Did you manage to speak to your vet?  Hope things are improved  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #750 on: April 20, 2009, 07:44:56 AM »
i am sorry things are so hard for you at the moment Pav, I do hope Phoebe starts to feel better soon, and that Boy can improve. You know where I am if you want to talk
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #749 on: April 20, 2009, 07:21:00 AM »
Poor kitties  :( hope Phoebe start to pick up today and the steroid starts to help Boy soon. 

If they are no better today hope the vet can help them  :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #748 on: April 20, 2009, 05:15:52 AM »
Thankx :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #747 on: April 20, 2009, 02:47:20 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: More positive vibes for you all~~~~~ :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #746 on: April 19, 2009, 19:41:10 PM »
Oh Pav, I am so sorry you are all having such a rotten time.  I hope you can get something sorted foodwise for Phoebe but see what your vet says tomorrow.  At least she is drinking so that is something.

Poor poor BOY, it is a long time to wait but let's hope that things improve for him too

and poor poor you.  I am so sorry you are feeling so stressed that you burst into tears.  I wish I could give you a big hug!

We are all here for you and you have my number if you need a chat
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat