Author Topic: Lexy ligament injury - Surgery x 3 - Success!!!  (Read 83827 times)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Re: Lexy ligament injury - Surgery x 3 - VIBES pls!x
« Reply #671 on: November 25, 2009, 13:52:43 PM »
Thats great news, sorry I am just catching up on developments, lots of vibes coming your way  :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #670 on: November 25, 2009, 11:20:22 AM »
A very tentative :yes: ..... a nice solid poop released just 20 mins ago! :cheer:

:yayyy: Happy birthday, Ruth! ;) (We are an odd lot, you are all aware aren't you.....?  :evillaugh:)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #669 on: November 25, 2009, 09:36:32 AM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #668 on: November 25, 2009, 06:56:50 AM »
 :blow kiss: :cuddle: :cuddle:  Clever girl, Lexy.  Now keep up the good work, for all of us.  (Paddy sends his love, of course)  :Luv2:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #667 on: November 25, 2009, 02:23:01 AM »
Fantastic! Im so pleased to hear this!  ;D ;D ;D

Way to go Lexy sweatheart!!!! Maybe you can finally start to relax now Kitty!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #666 on: November 24, 2009, 21:50:35 PM »
This is all I needed to hear for a good night's sleep  :innocent:.  Well done Lexy sweetheart.  Really well done  :)  Your ma might just get to relax a wee bit now  :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #665 on: November 24, 2009, 21:13:12 PM »
A very tentative :yes: ..... a nice solid poop released just 20 mins ago! :cheer:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #664 on: November 24, 2009, 11:45:45 AM »
hopes this is the beginning of things going right  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #663 on: November 24, 2009, 11:38:35 AM »
Tons of get well wishes heading Lexy's way   :get well:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #662 on: November 24, 2009, 10:08:51 AM »
Topping up with lots more get well soon vibes for Lexy  :hug: :hug: :hug: xx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #661 on: November 24, 2009, 08:18:57 AM »
 :thanks: all, keep those vibes going.

An ok tummy, empty litter tray, and a quiet night. Let's hope that breakfast this morning as made it's way to the right place and stays there.

All of you are so wonderful, thank you so much.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #660 on: November 24, 2009, 07:26:29 AM »
Just tiptoing in to give you both a gentle hug this morning  :hug: :hug: and hoping Lexy's had a restful night with no upsetting mishaps.  :cat rub:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #659 on: November 24, 2009, 01:59:08 AM »
Hope its nothing to worry about Ruth but so hard to tell when you are so stressed and worried  :hug: :hug:

Its tue now so only 2 more days to go before collar is off  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #658 on: November 24, 2009, 00:24:14 AM »
Oh no Ruth :hug: :hug:
Finger crossed Lexy feels better in the morning. Is she still on Xanax? Just thinking it may be too strong for her!
Sending you both a big hug.x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #657 on: November 23, 2009, 22:18:03 PM »
Oh Ruth  :(

Am so very sorry Lexy and you are going through such an ordeal.  Is collar due to be removed on Thursday did you say?  I so hate collars and locking cats inside let alone in a cage and my heart goes out to you both.  Hope the chicken and water diet help Lexy's tummy stay settled  :hug: :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #656 on: November 23, 2009, 21:13:30 PM »
Fingers crossed for the morning. 

Mine are  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #655 on: November 23, 2009, 20:51:26 PM »
I got home and she looks ok. Had a little sick near her water bowl but litter tray was clean.

Some light dinner, not too much, and some water, and madam was perky, but now that she's gone back in pen, she's a little subdued.

Fingers crossed for the morning.  :hug: thanks all. x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #654 on: November 23, 2009, 18:32:50 PM »
How's she doing, Ruth?  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #653 on: November 23, 2009, 18:22:47 PM »
Oh Kitty and Lexy!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

How do you think her gut flora is with all them abs she has had of late?  :shify:

Positive healing vibes to you both!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #652 on: November 23, 2009, 11:12:07 AM »
I'm sorry to hear all this  :hug:

Blip was similar to Paddy, Kocka and Sasa after her dental: she stayed in overnight simply because she was so groggy but the next morning she was literally climbing the walls to get out.  So I let her out and she was fine after that.

Blip would be unimaginably stressed to be confined and I suspect Lexy feels the same way.  But what can you do?  My heart goes out to you both.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #651 on: November 23, 2009, 10:54:03 AM »
 :thanks:  Gill, Sue, Paddy

I'm so glad I don't have human children, not sure I could cope with it, it's bad enough with an independent minded furry kind.  :-:

Let's hope I get home and pen is still clean. I would hate for her to be in a mess when I get home, as the buster collar prevents her from cleaning.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #650 on: November 23, 2009, 10:37:05 AM »
This so terrible for you and Lexy and wondering if her problem is just stress with being at home but confined, she is obviously much happier to be out of the cage but wonder how much risk it is for her, cos its so imprtant that the surgery works this time.  :hug: :hug:

I have a story similiar to Sues , well two actually!

The first was with Kocka who had an op and was supposed to stay inside for 24 hours until all the grogginess had gone.

I had locked the cat flap and she suddenly bolted for it found it was shut , rushed into the bathroom and couldnt believe my eyes cos she was up on the washbasin and half way through the top little window.......which I had forgotten about..............and had to fight with her to stop her getting out. Was a 6ft plus drop outside.

I decided it would be better to just let her go outside cos she wouldnt use a tray inside. I even tried to block the garden half way down but she was far to clever for me.

Sasa last year was sedated so she could be examined properly at her health check and was still very groggy when I brought her back hiome, infact she was falling over when she tried to walk but despite this she wobbled to the cat flap and left. She was so determined that she was not going to be shut in and luckily once realizing she could come and go, came back and went to sleep.

I think the cats basic instincts kick in and when they are used to being free and back at home they revert instantly to their normal behavior. I have to think that Lexy feels she is fine and thinks she is being caged for no reason, in her little mind.

Soooooooooo very hard Ruth and feel for both of you  :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #649 on: November 23, 2009, 10:23:32 AM »
Which one of us doesn't feel useless in the face of our little 'uns so helpless.  :hug:  You're a Mummy.  That's your job.  :hug: 

:shify:  Aunty Roof, we'ze feelin sorree fer yer too.  :shify:

Paddy xx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #648 on: November 23, 2009, 09:29:17 AM »
 :thanks: Sue

I have to admit that whilst I'm being vigilant with her I can't control her every movement while I'm cleaning up after her, this morning she jumped up on the sofa to give herself a good wash whilst I cleaned out the gruel that was in her pen. I saw her as she did and she favoured her healing leg. The other leg is very muscular now as its bearing her weight, poor mite.

I feel for her as she's such an immaculate cat, always clean and preens with it.

I spoke to nurse now and she said that until Lexy throws up water, she can stay at home on water only, and some light chicken again later. If she can't hold that down then they'll give her something for her tummy and some I/D for a bit.

Feel useless. (and sorry for myself  I know!)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #647 on: November 23, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
Yes, I see what you mean. 

Is there any way you could remove things from your rooms, or make them inaccessible for her to jump on (I think I know the answer to this as I burble, but......) so that you could safely leave her while you're away from her?  Perhaps in one room at least?  I'm now trying to imagine how you possibly "cat proof" a room, especially from one such as her Faberlush Loveliness, and I admit it's probably unlikely, but I can see where your thoughts are, and I think you have a good point.  :hug:  I do sometimes wonder if we shouldn't all just trust our cat's Judgment more than ours at times.  Except for jumping, of course.   :-:

When Paddy was very ill after his last dental (when he was a young slip of a thing around 15) the first thing he wanted when we got him home, was to be out.  Outside, with a capital O.  I wasn't at all happy, but having witnessed first hand how badly things had gone, I decided to give him his head, although I admit I was pooping myself with anxiety, questioning the wisdom of my choice.  I let him out and went with him into the garden.  he wanted to be Out.  I still hadn't grasped it.

He wanted OUT.  Out on to the field with the wide open space, and the grass and the breeze, so - again incredibly reluctantly - I went outside with him, panicking in case he took off on his wobbly little feet as fast as he could go.  He didn't.  He threw up in the garden, wobbled out onto the grass, and I lay down beside him while he closed his eyes and just breathed.   He slept for about an hour, in the open air, with me sitting guard, then he was happy to go back inside.

I couldn't recommend it for everything, but sometimes Ruth, you gotta go with your instinct and I suspect you have something there.  :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #646 on: November 23, 2009, 08:11:58 AM »
She's not had ABs this time round. The others finished last Sunday and I know it takes time for tummy to clear but when she went in for surgery she got a nice firm stool again, but last two days its become worse and this morning at 5am I woke up to hear her retching and badly. Her whole pen bedding was left washing in the machine, her poop had dripped outside the pen onto the floor.

I'm so worried about her, I feel like I'm making something worse for her and I don't know what. If I could trust her not to jump she'd be out of that pen and not around anything that needs to be sanitised every 20 minutes.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #645 on: November 23, 2009, 08:01:14 AM »
Oh Ruth.  :(  :hug:    What's she had to eat and drink over the weekend, if anything?  Wonder if this is something to do with the Ab's?  Sending much love to you both from me and The Padster.  :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #644 on: November 23, 2009, 07:55:08 AM »
I'm having some difficulty this morning.

Whilst the leg appears stable (ish) Lexy has diarrheoa again, this time much worse than before and she's not holding food down. We'll be back to the vets later today. I left her this morning with a clean pen and water, no food to try to starve whatever bug she has. My worry is if she doesn't hold water down now. She's very clingy and clearly her tummy is sore as she just wants to curl up.

Its only happening at home, at the vets her tummy settled without a problem. Soon as she came home it started so I'm starting to think its something she's eating or ingesting that I can't see.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #643 on: November 23, 2009, 07:22:42 AM »
 :shify:  Ppppst.  Lexy, meluvver. Iz me.  Jus' wantud ter ssay "PPppprrfffpppt"   :cat rub:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #642 on: November 22, 2009, 22:46:53 PM »
Just checking in to say night night and hoping all going to plan  :hug:

Very strange.  Dinah just jumped up and lying directly between screen and keybord  :shify:. Think she's sending some rather nice vibes to her cyber sis  :)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #641 on: November 22, 2009, 10:30:17 AM »
Keeping everything crossed that this has worked and  she can get back to normal :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #640 on: November 22, 2009, 08:18:52 AM »
 :Luv:  Kissie, Kissie Lexy!  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #639 on: November 21, 2009, 19:55:32 PM »
I agree....third times a charm. ;) You and Lexy have been through quite enough now!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #638 on: November 21, 2009, 14:07:22 PM »
It just has to have worked!  ;) :hug: :hug:

No swelling, no oozing they are all positive signs Kitty....I will keep the healing vibes coming, our sweet claw does need this to be over now....She has been so tolerant of all that is happened, I wish for the day when you can both fully relax!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #637 on: November 21, 2009, 13:17:23 PM »
Will be keeping everything crossed that it has worked honey, its all sounding very good so far though, so hopefully all is well  :hug:  :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #636 on: November 21, 2009, 13:07:09 PM »
I really hope its worked and that she will be able to be herself again very soon  :hug: :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #635 on: November 21, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
Thanks JS, yes I think for the most part she is.

It's a good sign that she's so keen to get out and is willing to trash her pen (again  :tired: ) which means she's able to stand on her leg.

There's an odd angle to the knee when she walks and she can't yet put her full weight on it. When she's eating she does tend to favour the leg but it is sitting nicely in position when she bends it. It's only been 5 days since the surgery so I expect that we'll continue to see an improvement.

Lexy's stitches are due to come out Thursday evening (no more buster collar!) so she just had to put up with 5 more days of it. At that point we'll be able to spend another week and a half of pen confinement and then after that she can spend more time out of it when I'm home. By the time Christmas comes along, Lexy should hopefully be able to be unconfined.

Fingers crossed this has worked. It just has to have worked.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #634 on: November 21, 2009, 10:17:30 AM »
Bless her. I think Madam is doing remarkably well with all this. Hugs to you both. :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #633 on: November 20, 2009, 18:52:15 PM »
Apart from a manic morning where Lexy wanted to get out, she settled down and spent the day snoozing.

She's now had her dinner and is itching to get out again, so me thinks we need some cuddle time!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #632 on: November 20, 2009, 18:06:19 PM »
hope the day has gone well and lexy is all relaxed  :hug:

Link to CatChat