Author Topic: 2 of mine off colour today. Willow poorly now.  (Read 23023 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: 2 of mine off colour today. Waiting for biopsy results
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2009, 08:23:40 AM »
This morning, I was putting the coffee on and went into the hallway and saw him go flying through the door. I thought he was running from me but then I realised he, to use my dad's expression with our old cat "had a flea up his ass"  :evillaugh: - his tail was up and he was just chasing around like a loony. He hasn't done that for so long and we just put it down to deterioration. Especially as he had been seen by the vet several times recently - this must have been building up for some time and the reason why he rarely left the bedroom. He is back in the dining room on the back of the sofa fast asleep  :Luv2: - it's funny but I thought he would avoid that room as that is where he is always seen by the vet  :Crazy: - anyway, I am just hoping for the best with the biopsy.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:02:28 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2009, 00:18:12 AM »
Aww i love it when they do that with their little head they just keep bending it and then fall  :Luv: :Luv:
I think so too, it must have been something in his mouth like an infection , i remember last year Phoebe stopped eating and that was before  , she was diagnosed with CRF  and the old vet kept admitting her and sending her home after 3 days it happened 3 times and she was on fluid there so was ok but as soon as i brought her home she would stop eating again, that's when i decided to ask mayhew to help and they recommended the new vet, the first thing he did was to sedate her and took x-ray and the one in her mouth showed she had a huge hole in her gum :( That's why she wasn't eating but the old vet never checked her mouth cos they were scared of examining her , never the less i was charged for examination on daily basis >:(
I am sure Clapton eating is a good sign also from my experiance when they clean and groom themselves it means they are feeling good, Phoebe stoped doing that the last few days of her life and i knew she is not feeling well . :(
I am so glad Clapton is doing well. :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 00:46:44 AM by pappilon »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2009, 23:28:24 PM »
Thanks Pav  :hug:

He is cleaning himself now and has decided to go back up to the bedroom but if I go up there, he jumps underneath. Given how clean he looks, I think this mst have been building up for a while. I don't want to be premature but I have a good feeling that it was just a nasty infection and hopefully nothing worse. I'm sure he wouldn't be as well in himself otherwise?
He was sitting on the stairs tonight and I went to sit with him. I was gently rubbing his head and cupped it in my hand and he rested his head in my hand, closed his eyes and started to go to sleep  :Luv2:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2009, 23:17:59 PM »
:) Glad to hear Clapton seems better today  :hug:
Metoo. :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2009, 21:54:24 PM »
 :) Glad to hear Clapton seems better today  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2009, 19:39:24 PM »
Thanks - he is a lot better in himself and I had no trouble slipping a fortekor into his Sheba chicken & turkey tray, even with a scoop of Ipakitine in  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2009, 18:28:34 PM »
Glad he got through the biopsy OK, and good luck for the results.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2009, 17:18:07 PM »
Thanks for the info on Bicarb. I will see if there is any more info on it. If the cat was suitable for it, I'm sure it would help neutralise acid in their stomach as well?

Anyway, I was really brave and stuffed a big heavy (and expensive) William Morris curtain in the washing machine as nothing would get the Willow stains out. Anyway, I don't think anything but a Miele would have stood for it as it must have weighed 4 x the recommended weight  :evillaugh: - these ones are heavy cotton with a Wiliam Morris print and blackout lining. All the stains have come out - hopefully it hasn't  shrunk  :scared: - I washed it at 30 and will wash the other tomorrow.  :)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2009, 17:09:45 PM »
Happy cleaning Mark. I know the feeling, although am not quite (!) as fastidious as you as I'm a tired, lazy old cow.

I'm so pleased Clapton is eating and hope he relaxes a bit soon. I resorted to classic FM for Max, not sure if it helped (as long as it's not Wagner or something).

Btw wrong thread but excuse me, my vet was keen on bicarb and has now cooled on it somewhat - says you have to do a special blood test first (I forget which ) with arterial blood, in order to be sure.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2009, 14:02:45 PM »
I am making the most of him not being in the front bedroom and have shampooed the carpet. I have tried not to put food up there but he has been so nervy that I allowed it. There is a tray but he kept dragging the food off and onto the carpet. Also a few throwups  :sick: Will
wash the paintwork and polish the wood later to with my new lavender wax polish  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2009, 13:48:28 PM »
You got me!  :evillaugh: :-[ :naughty: :hug: :hug:

Back to Clapton....I need to do some washing!  :rofl: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2009, 13:45:45 PM »

I always think of you as dirty OH and OH as clean OH, I secretly think you enjoy all that cleaning!  :evillaugh: :Luv: :hug:

You obviously haven't got a clue  :evillaugh:

OH has never picked up an iron, yurned on a washing machine or cleaned a tray (or anything else for that matter) since we met.
When I has a septoplasty. OH cleaned a bathroom ready for some guests and it took about 2 hours and I was asked countless questions and still had to go and finish it properly  :tired:

Now that one you can keep to yourself!  :evillaugh: :hug: :hug:

No idea what that is - a hobby of yours?  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2009, 13:45:12 PM »
I have just cant explain myself properly!  :shy:

You dirty cos thats the jobs you get, OH clean cos he dos'nt!  :rofl: :hug: :hug:

I wondered if you meant that  :evillaugh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2009, 13:39:24 PM »

I always think of you as dirty OH and OH as clean OH, I secretly think you enjoy all that cleaning!  :evillaugh: :Luv: :hug:

OH has never picked up an iron, yurned on a washing machine or cleaned a tray (or anything else for that matter) since we met.
When I has a septoplasty. OH cleaned a bathroom ready for some guests and it took about 2 hours and I was asked countless questions and still had to go and finish it properly  :tired:

Now that one you can keep to yourself!  :evillaugh: :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2009, 13:37:53 PM »
I have just cant explain myself properly!  :shy:

You dirty cos thats the jobs you get, OH clean cos he dos'nt!  :rofl: :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2009, 13:31:26 PM »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2009, 12:40:45 PM »
I thought so as in his pic you can see where the bottom jaw is sort of mis-aligned!  >:( :( Poor Clappers to think of the state your OH took him in like.... :ahh:

To think now he is living the high life in a rich bed of velvet!  :Luv2:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 12:41:57 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2009, 12:34:07 PM »
There is a snag - If I pick a poo tray up, in Clapton's mind it becomes a cat carrier and that will frighten him even more  :scared:

Anyway, he moved to behind the sofa in the dining room for a while and the last time I went in, he was on one of the back cushions. He was a bit nervous but I spent ages fussing him and eventually he was nuzzling my hand and purring.

I have left him there drooling on the "Less than a year old real velvet sofa stuff with feathers" that was not cheap! (but is probably very comfortable for a poorly kitty  :Luv2: - Oh well, what can you do?  :Dont know:  :evillaugh:

He did have some kind of Jaw injury AFAIK, he was a stray and in a real state with bald patches, sores etc when OH adopted him.

btw - I need to check if the VN clipped his talons as I requested - I'm sure she did  :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 12:35:19 PM by Mark »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2009, 12:26:04 PM »
Lay on the floor, dont look at him and exchange poo tray for a clean tray!  ;)

Im sure he keeps bolting from you as he thinks you may take him to Mr Vet again!  :( :hug:

Glad he has eaten Mark, that is usually a positive sign!  ;)

I dont recall if Clapton has ever had a jaw injury Mark? My ex feral Blackie has a distorted bottom jaw and only one top fang, think it was from some nasty mans boot though from his previous life on a bad housing estate!  >:( :(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2009, 11:15:58 AM »
I can se a poo in there but he is so nervous that he will bolt if I try to get it out. He does't need any more stress. I guess that tray will have to wait until he moves elsewhere. There is onl me here and I am immune to the smell (except Alice's  :sick:  :evillaugh:

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2009, 11:07:48 AM »
Pod kept lying in his tray when he was off.

Bless  :hug: :hug:
Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2009, 11:02:04 AM »
He is still sitting on the hard wood floor in the kitchen wedged between a litter tray and a wooden trunk  :(

I want to clean the tray but that will only scare him so not sure what to do.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2009, 10:46:28 AM »
glad he is eating ok, good the hear the cupboard has a blankie - I should think so too!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2009, 10:44:11 AM »
 :hug: Glad to hear clapton has eaten some food and I bet he'll love being in his old favourite spot again.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2009, 10:35:24 AM »

PS I'm posting the Renalzin to you today xx

Thanks Clare X :hug:

I am trying to get them both on it but Clapton is resisting. I can only get away with it with strong-tasting food with him. It is so much less hassle than measuring out Ipakitine powder.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2009, 10:08:29 AM »
Awww, glad he's had some food, that will surely make him feel a bit better today.

Definitely take one day at a time  :hug:

Hope you dont have to wait too long for the biopsy results x

PS I'm posting the Renalzin to you today xx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2009, 10:00:40 AM »
He got under the kitchen units this morning and stayed there for ages. Its odd as he has't been in the kitchen for ages. I wonder if it is because he feels vulnerable in the bedroom now? or maybe too warm for him ATM- anyway, I went to sainsbury's and bought him lots of his favourites and for a day or 2, I am forgetting phosphorus etc and just giving him what he will eat and enjoy. One of the things I knew he wouldn't resist is single pouches  of Whiskas adult in jelly  :shify: - after refusing RC wet a couple of others, he gave into his fears and hoovered it up  :Luv2:

He seems a lot better todaybut still looking for bolt-holes. He used to sleep in one of the kitchen cupboards which are the old built-in cupboards fropm when it was a doctor's surgery years ago. He tried to get in yesterday but it was full of junk. I have cleared a space for him and put a knitted blanket in there. Hopefully he can get some R&R in there  :Luv2:

Just trying to take it one day at a time and keep him as happy as possible.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:01:18 AM by Mark »

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2009, 08:50:31 AM »
How's Clapton doing today Mark  :hug:  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2009, 05:25:56 AM »
Only just seen this Mark, sending lots of get well wishes for Clapton  :hug:  :hug:

Hope he is feeling much better this morning  :Luv:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2009, 19:11:45 PM »
Aw bless him for being such a good boy and tucking into his food last night!  :Luv2:

So glad all the vet tests are over for him and positive vibes being sent for good results~~~~~~ :Luv: :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2009, 18:41:05 PM »
Hopefully his sedation will wear off completely very soon. Millys biopsy took 4 days so hopefully you will know soon.
Vetergesic is a very strong drug, the side effects are not doable for everyday treatment imo and not sure it would be prescribed that way either.  :shy:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2009, 18:29:15 PM »
He's dopey, poor little chap  :hug:  I hope the results come through pdq  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2009, 17:13:17 PM »
Thanks Kate - I will look into it for future ref.

He is still dopey but not falling over any more. He keeps sitting in the litter tray though  :(

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2009, 16:09:47 PM »
there is pain relief available to CRf cats. I was told there wasn't by one vet but another said not true. There's stuff like vetergesic and another one (begins with T, sorry I forget the name) which are used for arthritis pain. There is also steroid treatment which effectively masks pain.

I hope you get the results soon, I know how stressful it is waiting. Big purrs to Clapton and glad he is eating well  :hug:

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2009, 15:34:45 PM »
Mouth swellings can be all sorts of things. It took just under a week last year for me to get Minxy's biopsy results. She had a massive swelling appear very suddenly that covered the whole of the bottom of her mouth so she couldn't close her mouth which got all infected and I of course assumed the worst. 1 biopsy and full set of York allergy tests later it turned out she is allergic to maize! It took lots of steroid jabs and antibiotics to get rid of the swelling and infection as steroids reduce the swelling but also lower the immune system so infection takes better hold and the mouth is full of bacteria anyway but since her food was changed from RC to Arden Grange Sensitive and Applaws dry her mouth has been fine ever since  ;D

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Clapton that it's nothing too serious :hug:
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2009, 15:12:36 PM »
Sending lots of good vibes for Clapton. :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: 2 of mine off colour today.
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2009, 13:24:24 PM »
awww, poor little love give Clapton a gentle cuddle from me Mark  :hug:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 13:24:53 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2009, 13:08:19 PM »
Funnily enough - I just posted about them  :evillaugh:. The result came in the post today but I had Clapton on my mind.

They didn't say about biopsy results and I forgot to ask (I remembered to ask for some Fortekor though!)
I'm hoping it will be a few days. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 13:09:49 PM by Mark »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2009, 13:01:35 PM »
poor baby, how long do you have to wait for results?

total aside but did I miss your exam results as well?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2009, 12:59:20 PM »
It was quicker than I expected. They have taken a biopsy and also a needle biopsy of fluid from his lymph as they are also swollen. He is shut in the bedroom ATM as he is trying to walk around and keeps falling over  :( - I asked about pain relief and they said that he should be OK - he has been given a long-acting AB jab. I assume any pus has been cleaned out? - He has one stitch in his little mouth.

Link to CatChat