Author Topic: Good vibes for Rolo please  (Read 35344 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Good vibes for Rolo please
« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2008, 10:39:48 AM »
Yeah, and hyperactive with it. he was funny last night, he was sat next to me, and I had the blanket over me, and I got up to let hte fosters out of their room, and accidetnally covered him up - he stayed like that for ages, and I had to disturb him to get the blanket back!! I've never had as many cats that liked to sleep under covers as I have at the moment.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2008, 10:37:34 AM »
He's like a naughty two year old child, will misbehave for attention!!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2008, 09:58:43 AM »
No, it wasn't - he looked at me while he was doing it!! I Was just about to get off hte PC anyway, so we went and had cuddles.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2008, 19:23:35 PM »
LOL naughty boy actually it's not funny is it?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2008, 19:18:52 PM »
Me too - he has just come and sprayed in front of me again, after me saying he is fine!! He is at the vets Tues night, so I will get her to feel his bladder again, but I think it is behavioural with him, as he had miaowed at me and got ignored - he certainly didn't get ignored when spraying!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2008, 19:12:02 PM »
I hope he gets a good forever home Des but at least he can stay with you until then. I know I keep saying it but I love to hear the tales of Rolo's antics.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2008, 19:03:28 PM »
He will stay until a home comes up, it will do eventually - it took 14 months with Tom, and he was much more bothered by the multi-cat household. Molly doesn't do things like that, and at 15, I dont think she is suddenly going to change!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2008, 18:57:55 PM »
Well if no home comes along what will you do?  Maybe Molly will eventually tolerate him

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2008, 18:56:57 PM »
I do too, wish I could convince him not to fight so he could stay. But Molly hates him, I thought Zi had jumped on the bed last night, so told Molly off for growling, and it was Rolo!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2008, 18:53:51 PM »
Bless him I love him to bits even though I never met him.  He probably had to fight to survive in the past and old habits die hard so they say.  Behave Rolo :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2008, 18:51:25 PM »
:-) He has been better with George this week, and no signs of spraying, so hopefully he is settling a bit. Although he did have a claw sheath in his shoulder last night, and appears to have more scabs on his head than when he went to the vet on Tues. This warmer weather is going to be fun.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2008, 18:48:02 PM »
He's not on his own Des, Charlie has left me with scratches on my arm and left foot - all play ones of course OUCH

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2008, 18:31:45 PM »
They could be Chrissie, but he seems to manage it OK mixed in wiht his wet, and seems to manage PAH food.
Thanks Sue - I went to the rescue Zi is from today, and helped deflea two newcomers, one very hissy spitty and managed no scratches, ironic that all my scratches are from Rolo playing (apart from teh one on my arm when I tried to give Moses a cuddle last night!!).
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2008, 18:16:21 PM »
I shouldn't smile, but I can't help it.  Is nice he's still got a lot of spirit.  Thought I don't envy your poor hands Desley.  :)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2008, 19:53:51 PM »
Maybe his gums are still a little tender? 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2008, 07:51:41 AM »
i dont think he did, as he was scared of them for the first 3 weeks or so - now he finds anything to play with, including my socks. He does still sometimes run away from them (he did it again this morning). STill unsure with biscuits, he will eat Dentabits, but I wonder if the JWB is too small for him, although Ginger managed them no prob with no teeth at all.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2008, 11:48:31 AM »
He probably never had toys to play with before Des

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2008, 08:07:38 AM »
YEs, I wish he had a bit less spirit about him - him and the two other fosters are good adverts for older cats at the mo though (despite all being thin) - they all want to play with Da Bird all at the same time, so a bit of grumbling going on cos they dont want to share, so I had to alternate toys and hands to keep all 3 happy at the same time!! he is finally using the cat tree (after spraying on it and making me clean it!!), just wish he would learn that hands are offering a toy, not a toy themselves!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #184 on: February 13, 2008, 16:13:31 PM »
So glad he is doing well :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #183 on: February 13, 2008, 14:31:23 PM »
oops bless!!  maybe.   As I always say... its nice to see the oldies with some 'spirit' about them... although sometimes you could really do with less spirit and more 'peace'   lol

How's Rolo today?   Give him big :hug: from us. 
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #182 on: February 13, 2008, 12:10:02 PM »
that may be a good thought from the vet re late neutering, would certainly explain a few things.

Glad to hear he's doing so well, i must say i think he's very endearing even though i dont actually know him lol.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2008, 08:35:16 AM »
Glad vet is pleased with his progress.  Maybe he will learn to live with the other cats Des?  Why do I want him to behave himself so that he can stay with you I wonder?????

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2008, 08:27:33 AM »
Thanks - little butter has just been in a fight with the ginger cat - I can't get close enough to this cat to read his name tag, and I Dont recognise him either (I know the majority of the cats) - second time this week he has had a do with Rolo, you would think he woudl learn - I thought Rolo was loosing fights, but there is more ginger fur than brown fur - and rolo even had some in his mouth, despite having no teeth!! Me and the vet were talking about it yesterday, and she wondered if he was neutered later in life due to his face shape, and he does have a look of a fighter about him (made worse by the scabs on his face due to fighting!!).
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2008, 08:18:03 AM »
Desley, i am so glad Rolo is doing well. :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2008, 08:08:14 AM »
Vet is happy with Rolo's mouth, we have to go back in a week just to make sure things continue to go down after his a/b's stop tomorrow, but she is very confident about it. She thinks he is a wonderful cat (shame she has 3 cats!!), and he had lots of fuss (but did keep closer to me, and checking I was still there - he was talking to the vet in reception though!!). We had a good night last night, he slept next to my leg on the sofa, and I had George on my knee - he growled every time George's tail disturbed him, but settled very quickly, it was really nice (until I got cold!!)
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2008, 08:08:38 AM »
You can normally Carol, just not when he has decided to get himself in a strop - hence not homing him with children - he got under my feet this morning while I Was trying to feed him, and he hissed at me!! It is - and part of the problem is that Zia has suddenly started coming down in an evening and sitting on the spare sofa, so there are 4 cats in the front room in the evening now, and I dont think he likes that amount of cats.
Please spay your cat

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2008, 19:12:43 PM »
he is funny though, you can stroke him and he will headbut you, but you can't pick him up to get him to snuggle into you (his other favourite thing). 

I wouldn't worry about that.  Korky is the softest cat in the world (even the vets say so) until you try to pick him up.  I've had him since he was  a kitten and thought he would grow out of it but no way.  Its such a pity that Rolo doesn't like being part of a multicat household because he obviously loves you to bits - he clearly wants you all to himself.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2008, 11:58:07 AM »
IT certainly is, as I would love to keep him, and if I thought he would be happy in a multicat household and didnt beat up the neighbours cats (although they see it as what cats do - at least he only has 2 teeth left now, can't do too much damage), he would stay. He seems to be the kind of cat where people who can't have him fall in love with him. At least I have him for however long it takes to find a home.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:59:26 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2008, 11:53:59 AM »
I know the feeling.  It can be really hard to have to exclude your heart adn stick to your head in certain decisions.  I'm very sure though that whatever you decide will be in the best interests of Rolo.    You'll get there in the end Desley. :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2008, 11:46:19 AM »
Yeah, it is only when the fosters try and get too close (I had 3 of them all trying to play with Da Bird last night, so a bit of growling, and he got quite grumpy) that he seems bothered - yet the other day, he was showing an interest in George playing, but last night didn't apprecite George trying to sit on the sofa with us. Just a bit hard to split  myself at times!!
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2008, 11:42:48 AM »
glad to hear he is still happy tho Desley and that is the main thing for now until you can work out what will be best all round and possibly finding him a new home. x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2008, 09:16:33 AM »
He is - still gentle (when his claws arne't too sharp) and loving, but he has come out of himself more, he wouldnt play at first, and plays loads now, just gets a bit overexcited, bless him. As much as I love him and want to keep him, i would still love to find him a home, as he needs more time than he sometimes gets here (purely cos I can only only split myself so many ways) and the other cats do bother him, which means he gets grumpy - he is funny though, you can stroke him and he will headbut you, but you can't pick him up to get him to snuggle into you (his other favourite thing). He has enjoyed his supermeat today though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2008, 07:00:51 AM »
Hi Des I read the thread and he is gorgeous.  Made me smile to read you saying how loving and gentle he is and look at him now he has his feet under the table!!!  He really deserves a home and I hope there is someone out there who can see past his age and problems.  Mind you Rolo probably has it in his mind to be so naughty that no one will want him except you!!!  Bless he is lovely

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2008, 22:24:13 PM »
I picked him up as a stray in OCtober of last year - he was in very poor condition then, he was very thin, and his fur was poor - it looked like he had had his back end shaved, as it was a lot lighter and thinner - it is still 2 different shades tbh. He has a funny walk, so I suspect he has had a car accident in the past, and it has caused the funny walk and tail loss - both vets think it is amputated rather than a true Manx (but doubt he is suffering with arthrititis, with how playful he is!!). For some reason, I dont have his first pics on my home pc, but he was so thin I felt awful leaving him there (had popped down in my lunch hour) - they are on here though, thread is called 'must be bonkers' - heres a link, I do hate seeing his first pic though

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=8787.0
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 22:26:43 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2008, 22:15:50 PM »
How long have you had him?  Do you know his history?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2008, 22:09:43 PM »
OVer enthusiastic scratches more like, wish he would realise that I am offering him a toy, not my hand (or earlier, just wanting to stroke him!!). I did clip his claws yesterday as well - he has issues wiht his claws, the majority of his front ones are very raggedy, I suspect it is due to his 'fighting' tendencies - yet he knew not to go for Zia when they were both outside, and he did roll over in front of the neighbourhood cat earlier, so I thought they might want to play (and the noise was actually the other cat, not Rolo)
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2008, 22:07:07 PM »
Love scratches Desley

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2008, 22:04:39 PM »
Thanks, I love him to bits and wish he would just settle down with the neighbours cats so he could live his life out here - I had people looking at Tiddles earlier, and their first comment on Rolo was 'he's an old man, isn't he' - I can't always see it in him, but if strangers can, it must be there. Will try and get round to uploading the pics taken of him today tomorrow. He is, but I don't like seeing him like that - he has no concept of hands aren't toys, I've had 6 new scratches since he came back on Thurs night
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2008, 18:56:33 PM »
Oh Des I do love your tales of Rolo he is a rum so and so isn't he.  What a feisty little man after all those teeth out he still attacks his sheep.  Way to go Rolo

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2008, 18:15:54 PM »
On a positive note, him and Zia have been close to each other at least twice (the second time was nose sniffing -on Rolo's part) - with no growling, although Zi didnt look that impressed with him on the couch while she was on the windowsill!!
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat