Author Topic: Speys  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Speys
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 20:51:49 PM »
Expect them to be staggering about as though drunk for the first few hours. Just try to keep them in a safe place and don't let them out until the next day at the earliest.

My vet tends to do a midline (tummy) spay, rather than flank, beats me why; but it does avoid the regrowth of fur problem, though this is only really important in a show cat. Mine are all moggies and proud of it.

Just comfort yourself with the knowledge that you are doing the best for your cats.  :hug:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 12:47:37 PM »
Tilly was fine as well, no head collar and didn't really bother her stiches, she was running about like a looney the same day although I was supposed to keep her quiet!

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 12:22:47 PM »
Am sure they will be fine. Denzel had a few external soluble stitches, but didn't need a head collar.
She just had to suffer the embarrassment of having a shaved patch for a few weeks!  :-[

The recovery was quick, they were a bit groggy afterwards, but back to normal next day.

Our vet gave us a sachet of bland food to feed them later that day so they didn't get an upset tummy x
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 12:18:39 PM »
Sending good luck for the girls, I would ask them for internal stitches and glue the wounmd means no nasty head collar, all our girls are done this way and it is so much easier on the humans and the girls  ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline caz1979

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Purdy and Poppy
Speys
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »
The girls are going in for there speys next tuesday the 21st! what shall i expect after and any tips for keeping them happy and comfortable xx

Link to CatChat