Author Topic: Ahh what???  (Read 1123 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: Ahh what???
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 04:07:07 AM »
I think too many people listen to the old wives tales  :doh: thankfully she seemed positive in her response and she right, many cats do adjust to children or it they're anything like mine when a child happens to visit, they just steer clear  :evillaugh:

I heard that a cat possibly sits on the baby, due to its baby smells (probably warmth too lol) and the smell of milk and they sit on them to protect them, like they would have the kittens all snuggled in. How true this is, is anyones guess - but i repeat it to people as if it were fact just to disspell this myth that cats somehow evil and are setting out on some sort of baby culling spree by smothering them all  :Crazy:
like you said in your reply, you just shut the door to the babys room/cot and its being a reponsible owner and parent  :)
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Re: Ahh what???
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 21:27:59 PM »
Thankfully the response was

he cat will be fine he will adjust. Xxx

love
tab

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Ahh what???
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 21:26:36 PM »
Thts exactly what it is laura. Has no midwife/anybody mentioned you shouldnt have a cat when having a baby they can become jelous and have been known to sit on babies faces to smother thm. X
13 minutes ago via Mobile ยท Like

Tabitha Mellor and on the other hand some cats love babies and can protect them from danger. Theres no reason to get rid of a cat because of a baby its just a case of being sensible. If cat sleeps in babys cot then shut the door! Its not all one way it depends on the cat and having seen my neice grow up with a protective cat I would quite honestly say anyone with a brain will know to keep cat and baby spearate unless youre there.....Sorry hun I hope all goes well

Ahhh and here we go... I was polite dont you think?

Link to CatChat