Author Topic: Whiffy welcome home... does your cat do this?  (Read 1863 times)

Offline angel1980

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Star and Angel
Re: Whiffy welcome home... does your cat do this?
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 13:00:10 PM »
My 2 always time it just when i have someone coming round and ive made it all clean and tidy  :-[

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 14:28:16 PM »
 :evillaugh: :hug:

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 13:14:59 PM »
Thank you all... I feel rather lucky now!  My two at least always manage to get it in the tray.

They make such a song and dance about it though don't they?  I'll never understand why they scrape at a wall that they know full well they cannot use to cover the turd!

henceforth I shall take it as an enormous steaming, smelly compliment and enjoy it and yes it is better than one on my pillow or them doing it while I'm eating!

XXX

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 10:55:56 AM »
sheila im still in trauma :sick: how i never rolled in it i will never know :Crazy:
touch wood her weird poo treats on my bed have stopped since shes been going out everyday.
yeah some people get a choclate on their pillow and romantic lighting,...... i get a steaming turd >:(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 21:36:39 PM »
Polly Plops, as we affectionately call her, waits until I've cleared out the clumpy pee when I come through the door, I get it all nice and fluffy for her then she drops a slug over the edge of the box. Occasionally she hits the litter, then enthusiastically tries to cover it up by patting the wall or the edge of the tray for a few minutes, by which time the slug has crawled over the edge of the box is is hiding down the side on the floortiles, sending it's deadly signals silently through the house. 

MD you missed the perfect opportunity to use this one :need loo:

Jo, that's just wrong, plain wrong!

Ah, the glamour, the romance  :rofl:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 21:27:25 PM »
honestly a poo in a tray when i came in would be a happy occasion, a poo by my head on my pillow is what i had last time by georgia :sick: :Crazy:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 21:09:24 PM »
Parki greets me every morning then while I am eating breakfast I hear scrape ,scrape :evillaugh:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 19:31:20 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
not mine - but I'm feeling lucky about it  :rofl:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 18:31:44 PM »

:evillaugh:  Consider it thus, Jo:  They're so relieved that you've made it home and come back to them again that they feel quite literally they can "let go" of the worry that's built up over the day and poo happily.   :)  It's a compliment.  Definitely feel flattered.  ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Whiffy welcome home... does your cat do this?
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 16:52:25 PM »
You should count yourself lucky, mine wait til I've got in bed and am just dropping off before I hear the familiar 'scrape, scrape, scrape' or in Lu's case 'scrape, scrape, scrape, scrape, scrape, scrape, scrape, scrape, scrape' :evillaugh: I daren't leave it in case it's a poo! :tired:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 16:17:12 PM »
I think they like to wait till you're home so you'll clean it up. At one time we had the cat litter tray in the bathroom and when I got home in the evenings our old cat would either race me to the bathroom or be standing outside the door meowing for me to hurry up so she could get to her tray.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 15:20:29 PM »
Hahaaa I thought it was only Poot who does this lol!

Its like yay, feed me, love me, here's my poo  :sick:  :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 14:05:19 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:
My two both do it - although they sometimes like to give me the run around by timing a poo to coincide with a nice clean litter tray or just as we are all sitting down to dinner.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 13:38:25 PM »
My Magpie used to do this a lot!  He'd come to greet me and then within a couple of minutes he often went off to the tray to leave me a little welcome home present.

Offline Bren22

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Carrie, Harvey & Jess & fostermum for CCG and all my lovely pets on the bridge
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 13:29:24 PM »
 :rofl: Clever cat!!!  He obviously doesn't like the smell hanging around so waits until you get home, he knows you'll clean it up right away....................

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
Whiffy welcome home... does your cat do this?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 13:19:49 PM »

This is weird and I wonder if anybody else's cats do this.......

I have two indoor cats, when I get home they are usually pleased to see me which is all very lovely, they run around and are generally very cute and playful and its a nice welcome.

Cashie, my boy, always goes to the litter tray and has a massive dump a minute or so after I get in every evening.....  I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted.

Why do you think he does this and does anybody else have a similar welcome home?

Jo

Link to CatChat