Author Topic: Help with stray/ feral cats  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Help with stray/ feral cats
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 11:24:33 AM »
That's good that they're prepared to help, so much easier when you have the backing of experts behind you.  You never know there might even be a happy ending and the car park lurker could be a chipped missing pet!

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 18:33:45 PM »
Thanks Tiggy's Mum, I've contacted CHAT and they are going to help me sort them out. I've emailed them and they have asked me to phone and have a chat. It sounds like they are unbelievably busy so it will probably be a matter of getting them spayed and me feeding them for a while.   

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 01:19:30 AM »
Roughly what area are you in? If you could trap him/her to check for a chip in the first instance and neuter (with the help of a CP voucher if not already neutered) then could you carry on feeding him/her while he/she waits for a rescue space?

There's a list of rescues here that might be able to help with the loan of a trap at the every least http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

Good on you for looking out for him/her  :hug:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Help with stray/ feral cats
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 17:24:20 PM »
Hi

I've been in my new job a couple of months now and spend quite a bit of time away from the office. I was surprised to hear cats fighting outside when I was there on Friday. Someone asked the owner of the business park and he said a couple of feral cats live underneath the next portacabin. I asked everyone in my office and they didn't seem to know they were there. Anyway on Tuesday when I was next in it was at 8 in the morning so no one else was around,  I saw one of the cat walking towards the portacabin, I called him over and he took a step towards me and then turned around and walked off. He looked pretty skinny, I couldn't see if it was a male or female. I went straight to the supermarket and got him some food which I put under the portacabin. I checked when I left at 2ish and he hadn't eaten it. I don't think he is feral as he interacted with me.       

I don't really know what to do next, it's not an easy place to try to see and get hold of the cats. There is lots of activity in the day time but it's very quiet there at night as the gates are locked. I'm going to carry on putting food down, should I put dry or wet food? I think maybe I should try to trap them as if they aren't spayed there will be a few hundred living there soon.   

Link to CatChat