Author Topic: Help please! - new mum with very young litter of 5 not weeing - am worried  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
As long as she is eating , drinking and feeding the kittens and they seem happy, it sounds good.

Cats do sometimes have a little discharge after, but of course you need to stay alert for any signs of infection.

As far as not weeing , are you sure she's not where you can't see or is she penned? The kittens will be taking some moisture from her anyway. You could add a splash of water to each feed.

Offline JUJU

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Felix, Toby, Star and Kitty
Thankyou Rosella, of course I dont mind x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
I do hope you don't mind Juju.  I've changed your title to this thread in the hope of attracting attention from someone who might be able to answer your query.

Fingers crossed she has a wee very soon to put your mind at rest.  Well done for taking her in  :hug: :hug: :hug: and hope all continue to thrive  :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 21:46:41 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Weeing question
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 21:23:55 PM »
No post is too long  :hug: :hug:

Sorry dont know anything about this but hope that somepne else may and think taking her to the vets tomorrow is a good idea, hope she is OK

Offline JUJU

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Felix, Toby, Star and Kitty
Hi there, long story. I took on a pregnant 3 year old cat last Friday. Owner decided they could not keep her due to moving and had advertised her on a free classifieds site, ftgh. By the sounds of it she has had plenty of litters in the past  :censored: She has settled in really well and gave birth to 5 kittens on Friday. It took just over 1.5 hours to birth them all. They are all feeding well and seem to be of good size. The mom is still eating and drinking fine and seems content, she had a poo this morning but I havent seen her wee. I have been checking the litter box at regular intervals, and have even moved it closer to the nesting box so she isnt away too long. Also I noticed a tiny amount of blood earlier from her vulva. I have never been through this before as all my cats have been spayed / castrated. Anyone have experience of this. I will be taking her to my vets in the morning. Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 21:43:25 PM by Rosella moggy »

Link to CatChat