Author Topic: New stray - George  (Read 2406 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: New stray - George
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 19:11:29 PM »
No news from NPR, and tonight the really great news is I just managed to get him in the box and over to my vet for a check-over, he's definitely not neutered, looks perfectly healthy and not chipped, so is ripe for pea-podding and re-homing.

I've called Julie and left a message then released him back to her care, with a word of advice about the C4 scheme and whatever support she needs from me.

Feels good, very good.  :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 13:28:09 PM »
Lovely story about Topol, Pav.  :)

George'll be checked for a chip when he goes for his neuter, Pav, but as he's entire boy, and a fighter to boot, the vet we use for stray neutering (not our usual vet - another story that) is always happy to neuter strays, erhem "before we find his chip"  :shify:  :sneaky:

Obviously if he's chipped we'll make every effort to re-instate him with his real owners again,  and without his meat and two veg he'll maybe stay there this time  :)

The collars I use to identify potential strays have my address and phone number on, so anyone seeing the collar can talk to me about the cat, and we can get plans in motion for its rehab if necessary.

I also use these collars on my Theo when he gets his wanderlust, I've had people coming round trying to warn me off "their cat" who has been sleeping on their bed for a few weeks, and "always looks so hungry" (Theo could eat for Englnad)  :sneaky:   :-[ Only when I show them his huge insurance premiums and microchip certificate do they get the message and stop feeding him  :rofl:

And yes, I notice I get strays coming here because my garden is full of abused and discarded catnip and valerian toys which seem very popular too!  :evillaugh:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 13:07:43 PM »
George might be chip and lost, being a full boy :)
Last year there was a gorgeous tom which i named Topol he was coming every day and Mister loved to chase him to play but he wasnt interested he was interested in Mister cat nip ball and i found him on my bed one day  and he run out with Mister ball :Luv: :Luv: He was lovely boy but his condition was getting worse so i got the trap from Mayhew and they agreed to take him in and have him done but they were full and i agreed to look after him. Once they got him in they realized how friendly he was and asked me if i want them to rehome him and i agreed but few days later they found out he had microchip and they traced the owner, the guy said simba went missing a year ago when he moved house from west london to NW london! Mayhew explained to him that being full he wonders and would get lost again but the guy said he wants his cat like this and said he will pick him day after >:( He did not turned up and since the cat was there for 2 weeks the day after they had him done ;) I went to see him and he looked great and was rehomed the week after. Happy ending for Topol .
Its great that George has some one looking out for him. :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 09:31:53 AM »
Thanks Helen, I'll start a new thread in Found if that's OK with you, didn't want to confuse anyone.

:doh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 09:11:26 AM »
I like the description, 'foxy face'!  :naughty:

Unfortunately there's no facility to copy a topic, only to split posts to a new thread - do you want me to remove the post to a new topic in found cats?

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »
http://www.nationalpetregister.org/fp/40403.htm

Here's his link... and a few key words for anyone searching the web for him

Found November 2011, male tabby cat fluffy tail semi-long haired, Walthamstow London (see link for photo and contact details)

Mod, do you think this could be copied into Found Cats too, please?

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 20:19:27 PM »
Posted George's pic on NPR tonight, it usually takes 24 hours for the mod to approve. Actually I'm hoping the real Meowmi doesn't see it as I believe he will be better off with Julie who is doing a fine job of rehabilitating this lovely little guy, and does firmly believe in neutering  :)

He popped by again tonight with that "feed me" look about him. I patted his head, tightened his collar and sent him on his way without even a dreamie.  :shocked:

I must be getting tough in my old (er) age  :shy:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 05:29:32 AM »
aww that cat is like one we had coming round our house (havent seen it lately :() It was so cute that i did want to encourage it to move in but had to leave it alone incase i was catnapping :shify:

well My daughter is called Honey so I obviously like that name, but our Georgia also gets called George too by the oh ;D
I did wind up willow i was getting a cat and calling it george so when we saw Georgia i suggested the name not thinking she would agree but she said it seemed to fit her somehow so the name stuck :shy:

I find it difficult knowing what cat is a stray and isnt around here tbh :-[
I took one cat to the vets as it was allways starving, rasping when it drank, totally dirty and sat out in rain staring at the sky all day. It kept camping on my doorstep so i took pity, fed it and thn took it to vets...it turned out someone in a nearby house owns it (microchipped). so i was guilty of catnapping :Crazy: still feel sorry for the poor cat though as whoever owns it cant be that bothered about it >:(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 01:26:58 AM »
I like the name George too, there is a female solicitor in Silk called George LOL

You are right there is so much eduction that needs to be done and this is where the millions that RSPCA get in donations should go!

So pleased you have found her adopted owner  ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 21:18:09 PM »
THAT just goes to show the methods we use here on Purrs actually WORK!  ;D

This lady, lovely and kind hearted as she is, has no clue how to go about finding his true owner. There is so much to teach the general public about cats. I take so much for granted but real life isn't as rosy as we'd like it to be.  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 20:57:40 PM »
That was quick! Hope the neutering goes ahead and that Honey & Julie have many happy years together  :)

P.S I prefer the name George  :naughty:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 20:51:06 PM »
Wow, that was quick....

just got a call from Julie in the next street "about your cat??"

"not my cat, is he your cat? ..." etc etc

Turns out "Honey" (they thought he was a girl and it kinda just stuck) has been living with them since November, having arrived in a thoroughly dishevelled state with a nasty eye wound. He's not their cat, but (fab news) they are happy to take him on permanently and were on the verge of taking him for neutering, they had made enquiries with a vet in Tottenham who would neuter him under the RSPCA scheme.

Anyway, we've agreed to leave the collar on for a week in case another "owner" turns up, I'll post his pic on NPR and see where we go from there.

I need to tell all my neighbours to stop feeding George now, so he goes home to Julie.

I'm so happy. George/Honey has a loving home for the rest of his life and she honestly sounds like Our Kind Of Mad Cat Woman  :briggin:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 20:46:20 PM »
Well done Shelia for helping the guy and trying to get him sorted out. He does look quite slim but could just be in comparison with Xander now known as Mr Chunk.   

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 20:28:43 PM »
he's a handsome boy  :Luv2:.      Are you really sure you are full?  :evillaugh:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 20:15:53 PM »
George won't be living with us, Pav, as we're officially full.  :-[

I'm leaving any decisions as to his future open for the minute as it's very early days. However he's now been "with collar" for nearly three hours and no phone call yet.

If he is a stray, as we believe he is, he will be easy to re-home because he's very friendly and cute, he's certainly a people person and just needs to have his wanderlust taken care of to make him into a smashing pet.  :Luv:

I have a pre-booked appt at the vet next Friday when Tufty is due his booster, but if no-one turns up to claim George, he'll be taking that slot  ;)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 19:48:36 PM »

I have a collar ready with a note and my phone number attached, he'll hopefully wear this for a week ................

I admire your optimism Sheila  :rofl:  If it was so easy to get the collar on then maybe he's used to being asked to wear one and experienced at making sure he doesn't have to.  :evillaugh: I hope you can get him podded whatever happens.  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 19:38:57 PM »
George is gorgeous and has the look of Lupins face, he is also long and doesnt seem to be growing at all.

He is all muscle and a great athlete LOL

Very kind of you to be looking after Georges needs and wonder what Sly will say  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 17:53:00 PM »
That was too easy. George popped in, played with Sly's valerian rope and had a bite to eat while I popped the collar on him. He let me pick him up and I managed to get a quick grope around his tum, he's quite thin, more the thinness of youth than the skinniness of neglect, so I'm pretty sure we're doing the right thing for him.

Tufty is NOT appi  >:(

Here's hoping the phone rings and an agitated owner tells me to back off. In which case I'll be offering to assist with the neutering process  :sneaky:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 17:32:20 PM »
Sheila he look gorgeous :Luv2: Reminds me of stray i used to feed 9 years ago i rememberthe year as we had our place floded that year i named him snake as he was very long. Mayhew took him in and rehomed him only several months later he was back here and had a friend with him a full tom but they were very close!!
Is George going to live with you, if not chiped ;D He doesnt look very old and in good shape :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
New stray - George
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 16:33:19 PM »
This is the new kid on the block, our neighbours son has called him George so that's what we're sticking with.  :shocked:

George is lovely with people so is certainly not feral, but he is entire, spraying everywhere and was caught fighting with Spike at no.4  :boxer:

I've asked around, we all agree he's been hanging around long enough for us to think he's lost, so I'm taking the lead on dealing with George.

I have a collar ready with a note and my phone number attached, he'll hopefully wear this for a week after which he's off to the vet for a chip check and potentially pea podding.  ;)

Link to CatChat