Author Topic: Healthy cat food info required  (Read 1133 times)

Offline bekki2308

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Nymera
Re: Healthy cat food info required
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 10:09:27 AM »
I am currently choosing to feed my kitty feline fayre as its 60% meat and its obvious meat, todays pilchards food was literally some pilchards in jelly. Its only the same price as whiskas too so I am happy.

I looked into feeding supermarket brands and decided to try not to as they contain cereals (why are these given to a carnivore) and little of what we would call meat some only state "minimum 4% meat" which seems a bit odd, if they were proud of what they were selling they would state exact meat content as some other brands do. Like Bovita who state 80% ish meat for example.

As long as they are complete and your cat can handle cereals they will get everything you need!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 23:44:07 PM »
If you have a look on the Gourmet website it might tell you on there.

Lots of people give their cats special foods cos of the diet they need but each to their own really.

As many people on here already know, my first cat, Tibby lived off pilchards in tomato sauce for 26 years - she hated cat food.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 23:07:46 PM »
What kind of info do you want?

As long as its a complete food....the tin will say......and your cat likes it, well reckon thats all good  ;D

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
Healthy cat food info required
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 21:17:09 PM »
My cat loves Gourmet Solitaire (chicken) does any one have any info on this brand?

Link to CatChat