Author Topic: Help!! kitten peeing on bed  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Help!! kitten peeing on bed
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 21:20:01 PM »
I've had this quite often with kittens and found the best thing to do is keep them out of the bedroom for a couple of months. I think they get confused with the feel of the matress under foot.

keep then out unless supervised, perhaps have a handy tray so if they do squat while you'rewatching you can pop them on. This will stop them leaning by habit.

And bio is always goof.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 19:20:05 PM »
OK from what Ive seen on here you should have one more tray than you do cat. Personally I did a tray each and found that ok. I would say maybe a tray in the kitchen/living area and one in the hall bathroom area. Keep the bedroom door closed just in case.
Inapropriate weeing can be a sign on infection and also a sign of trying to claim dominence. Are they the same sex?
I do hope you find a solution

Offline caz1979

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Purdy and Poppy
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 18:15:24 PM »
Hi
There both 4 months old and I have 1 tray between them @ night the have the frontroom and kitchen in the day they had that plus hall bedroom and even the bathroom! Today I closed the bedroom door cus of the peeing but they have done it again since we came in! Ill try the bio powder xx

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 18:11:28 PM »
I would make sure kitty is shut out of the room and I think other people have said biological washing powder works for the smell.
How old is kitty and how much access to the house do they have? Also how many trays do you have between how many cats?

Im no expert Im just repeating things that Ive seen asked in the hope that someone with knowledge comes along very soon  :naughty:
 :hug: :hug:

Offline caz1979

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Purdy and Poppy
Help!! kitten peeing on bed
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 17:48:15 PM »
Hi
One of the kittens not sure which one has now decided to start peeing on my sons bed! Don't know why!what can I do to try to stop it and also get rid of the smell?
Thanks Caroline xx

Link to CatChat