Author Topic: Great cheap idea to keep your cat SAFE outside  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Great cheap idea to keep your cat SAFE outside
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 07:07:47 AM »

I wouldn't worry about being no better than them - in my view they're not vulnerable and relatively defenceless.  I don't normally advocate meeting violence with violence but I absolutely abhor cruelty to animals, and if they had to suffer what they inflicted on their victims - well, I doubt they'd be so smugly self satisfied and cocky then.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 01:03:02 AM »
I have never seen a badger Jen and no they dont like cats round here, only dogs.

In fact not much wildlife here and had more in my gardem in London! There were loads of cats and they all seemed to know how to use my flap LOL

I agree its so well known that killers of animals often go on to kill people and so much could be done if the animals were thought about.

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 15:29:51 PM »

Is shocking isn't it?  I wish the law would take these things seriously, even if they don't give a monkeys about the poor animals you'd think that the fact that cruelty to animals usually leads to cruelty to children/people maybe they'd take more notice. 

I'll never forget that "step father" who killed baby P suing the RSPCA  for "defamation of character" when they pointed out in a campaign
the fact that he'd tortured animals before moving onto defenceless children and that it was a well known fact that one usually follows the other.

The report about it didn't have a hint of irony... I never found out what happened about that little gem.

I'd hang the lot of them or even better put them through the torture they inflicted on their victims but then I suppose that makes me no better than them... or only slightly!

X

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 13:29:11 PM »

We had a similar type of thing for our dog, Tess, but as she was black/grey mix she was harder to see when you were out walking her at night.  I don't think I'd put one on my cat though, for similar reasons to those expressed by Gill.

Am afraid I've heard people make "clever" remarks about deliberately targeting cats on the roads, so put nothing past folk these days.   And damage to a car is remote to be honest.  :'(    There are people out there who don't class cats as anything other than fair game for cruelty and malicious practices.

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 12:36:14 PM »

Heck, don't they like cats where you live then?   You wouldn't think anybody would deliberately run a cat over would they?  Even if they were only worried about damage to their car?

You are in Wales aren't you?  Do you have any badgers left there now?

I have become a firm believer in indoor cats now, you see and hear so many horrible stories that I would be scared to let mine out now and I don't live in a  bad area really. 
Since that despicable oik who swung that cat by its tail in Ramsgate got let off for "lack of evidence" I just despair at people's attitudes to animals and the apparent inability or apathy of our justice system to do anything about the resulting crimes.  This lad was clearly on CCTV and was recognised by several witnesses... lack of evidence, my arse.  Luckily people have adminstered their own kind of justice and I gather he has had quite a scary time of it.  Good.

X

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:56:07 AM »
Afraid it wouldnt make a cat safe round here, just make them an easier target to be killed!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Great cheap idea to keep your cat SAFE outside
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 01:53:36 AM »
Saw this on Ebay and thought some of you that are worried about letting your cats out at night would be interested:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flashing-Blinking-Light-Dog-Cat-Pet-Safety-Tag-Collar-/180600680514?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Cats&hash=item2a0ca3b042

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Link to CatChat