Author Topic: I am pleased to report  (Read 5183 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: I am pleased to report
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 20:56:04 PM »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 21:37:46 PM »
But how many are working? LOL

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 17:02:22 PM »
np Sheilarose, Glad it brought you happy memories

Yes Gill the Camera is a special thingy called a bullet cam, very small and discreet  :evillaugh:

erm, as for the cooking.....I chickened out  :scared: I will put it on te shelf for another day
in the meantime, I bought another computer  :doh:

Sooooo between the two of us, there are two laptops and 4 desktops  :doh: :doh: :doh:
one of the desktops is in the attic tho  ;)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 13:44:26 PM »
Stuart, just watched your chippie run vid - brought back some brilliant memories of my old VFR750, we used to do a bacon buttie run on Sunday mornings up the north west part of the A6 to kirkby lonsdale, me on my VFR and my mates on their various Hondas and BM's. We also took the bikes international - France and Italy, Austria, Norway, Denmark, Ireland...and of course the whiskey run in Scotland! So many happy memories.  :Luv2:

The soundtrack also made the hairs stand up on my arms, my BikeTape was linked into our Autocom system so we could talk to each other and play music inside the helmets, and of course FreeBird was my no1 go-faster track too! I would race through the Trough of Bowland with wings on my exhaust pipes listening to those fabulous chords  :briggin: and couldn't wipe the grin off my face (and the flies off my teeth) for hours afterwards.

Your CBR1000 is the exact same model I rode for the Job from 1998-2004, it never once let me down as was just so comfy to ride. Non-bike people used to ask me if I was strong enough to ride such a big motorbike (me being just a girlie  :shy: ) but I couldn't get them to sit on it and see how neatly balanced it was, and so easy to handle. Thankfully I never dropped it, so never needed to see if I could lift it up myself though  :shocked:
Sadly, too, my mate Joe owned the same model CBR1000, he got himself killed on his way home from one of our bike holidays in Spain - he'd left a few days early to visit friends in Marbella and on the way home to Wales got wound up in someone else's accident on the M4, only an hour from home. The last we saw was him waving his leg at us as he set of that morning in the Spanish sunshine  :'( I still have the windchime he bought me on that holiday, as a thank-you for doing all the cooking.  :hug:

Thanks for the memories  :thanks:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 00:36:58 AM »
Good luck with your cooking Stuart!  :naughty:

Hope you and Robbie enjoy your boys only bonding time  :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 14:58:30 PM »
Very good footage Stuart, was the camera in your helmet?

Your roads so much better than ours and it was so flat!

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »
Thankfully, no more victims  ;)

on another note, don't know if I have told you's this already, when I went round to see the Lady about Marvin  :(
she also told me that she took in a Hedgehog as it was out in the daytime, sadly it passed away  :(
this was probably one of the Hedgehogs that was coming round feeding from my feeding station under the shed
but there must still be more in the area as I still have nightly visits and most of the food is gone in the morning  :wow:

Hope you get your computer fixed soon so you can get off the laptop, I suspect it was a mod with a laptop that accidentally locked it! I try and avoid posting on my laptop as the touchpad takes you places you didn't think you were and before you know it you've moved, split and locked a thread  :evillaugh:

And Finally the Graphics card in the pc has died  :doh: main annoyance is that it cost me £400 just over 4 years ago  >:(
and I can't really aford to buy a new one coz I just paid of one of my mortgages  :doh: ( I hear Mastercard calling  :doh: :doh: :doh: )
I am currently using the big pc now as I have stuck in a £40 gfx card  :evillaugh: but I cannot do any video editing or high demand online gaming now  :(
other thing I can do is bake the card in the oven  :shocked: I know this sounds daft, but gfx cards run very hot and with the solder joints heating up
and cooling down all the time, this causes stress points and you don't get a good connection, in theory, by sticking it in the oven at 385F (195C)
remelts the solder joint's, and then leave to cool, basically re-soldering everything, nothing to lose really, just a major operation dismantling and re-assembling  :doh:

here is the last video I put up of a bike run to a chipper 60 miles away LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoW7fnDJR_U

Oh well better get back to the housework, Carol is away through to her Mum's for a few days

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 15:09:08 PM »
I was going to post here the other day when it was locked!  :naughty:

I feel the same way as you Stuart, I know they are still living creatures, but somehow finding a dead bird is more heartbreaking than a mouse...

We got away with it for 2 years, but now Denzel has turned into a complete killer! We got a new bed recently and didn't realise until we could smell it that he was hiding his prey under it  :sick: there were 2 birds and one mouse  :sick:

Now we have to check on a daily basis, but hopefully it will calm down when the breeding season stops (fingers crossed)

We also put collars with bells on and think it does help a bit.
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 22:26:58 PM »
Don't beat yourself up about the birds Stuart  :hug: Sadly it's part of nature and there's very little you can do to stop it :shy:  :hug:

Hope you get your computer fixed soon so you can get off the laptop, I suspect it was a mod with a laptop that accidentally locked it! I try and avoid posting on my laptop as the touchpad takes you places you didn't think you were and before you know it you've moved, split and locked a thread  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 22:23:44 PM »
I think someone pressed a wrong button accidently.................I have done this occasionally.....sigh

I hope you manage to fix your pc, I love lappies LOL ands got my old one out last night, firsts time in 3 yrs, it was working when put away and now wont grrrrrrrrrr

Was trying to get the remaining pics off.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 22:16:56 PM »
Thanks Gill, I did wonder why it was locked  :shocked: and yes I admit, peeved off a bit >:( LOL
But that is probably more to do with me still trying to fix my Big PC, and it beating me  >:(
still trying to do stuff on my lappy ( I hate Laptops  :tired: ) and I have a sore back  :(
plus do i need to mention the weather

then i start thinking, maybe this thread should be locked, or even deleated??
I mean it isn't the nicest of threads to be going on about is it, and I can't keep going on about Robbie killin birds every now and then  :doh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 18:45:21 PM »
I think this must have been locked in error so am unlocking it  ;D

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 10:30:46 AM »
  :(
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Yeah, I know they say that even with a bell on the collar, if the bird is healthy and alert, no way can they get caught
It's only the Young / inexperienced or old / ill birds that get caught
I know it's nature, and Cat's have been here for millions of years, and even tho Cat's with slaves do not want for much
but the instinct to hunt for prey is so strong, they cannot help it  :doh:

well at least the pigeon didn't go to waste, He ate it  :sick:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 09:48:44 AM »
He has a collar with a bell on, so I will guess that this Pigeon was maybe old or unwell??

I think the jury is out as to whether that makes much difference Stuart  :(  Peeps say that cats learn to walk very stealthily so that bell doesn't jingle. 

Having 8 furry blighters here has meant I have had to harden myself to the kills otherwise I would have gone  :Crazy:  I wouldn't trust one of them.  It's their nature after all. 

I think the haul lessens as they grow older but have to say our Tom RIP brought in a dead bird when he was 17 after nothing for many years.  Thankfully we don't have that many brought into the house now  :shify: :shify: :shify:  I soooooooooo wish I hadn't typed that coz I just know what's about to happen  :(

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 08:44:13 AM »
I was thinking Robbie was doing really good this year
One Mouse  :(
One Bird  :(

then he goes and screws up  :doh:
I was just away to top up the fat ball's and seed's when something caught my eye
Pigeon feathers everywhere in the Garden, my heart sank :( but who was the culprit?? then I spied Robbie sitting
under the Bushes at the front end, next to him, the corpse of the Pigeon  :(
the Pigeons have been coming everyday, eating the remaining seeds that the little birds have spilled on the ground
and on average there are 4 - 5 of them sitting on the roof waiting to come down for a feed, needless to say there
are none at this minute. He has a collar with a bell on, so I will guess that this Pigeon was maybe old or unwell??
I don't think it was a young one?

I bought 14 meter's of black garden netting, maybe one the rain goes off, I'll attempt to put it up so that there will be
a really safe Cat free area

RIP Pigeon  :(

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 01:01:30 AM »
give him time  :evillaugh:

erm, Robbie brought in a dead bird into the house yesterday   :-[
RIP Birdy  :(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:03:27 AM by Stuart »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 01:15:04 AM »
Either that or he is a greedy guts and eats all the evidence!  :shify:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 20:19:35 PM »
give him time  :evillaugh:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 19:36:11 PM »
I have seen Carmen torturing a poor mice in the garden though :(

:(

some birds in my garden today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zlkE8KyC6s

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rusalka, Orpheus, Tosca and Carmen
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 11:03:56 AM »
That is good to hear! We've been lucky with our cats so far no birdies have been dragged in. I have seen Carmen torturing a poor mice in the garden though :(
Kitty x x x

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
I am pleased to report
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
That Robbie is not a Bird killer  :wow:

I came home from offshore yesterday, and saw all the baby starlings being fed by their mum's  :Luv: once I put out
some food for them  :doh: then it dawned on me, Has Robbie been bringing birds into the house??  :shify:

Carol told me Nope, not one  :) although she hesitantly told me that a dead mouse was found on the back doorstep ( RIP mousey )  :(

although I still think there are mice in the bird feed shed, I do not want an infestation, and when MY next door neighbour
Tell's me he has caught several in his house, I just stand there and innocently exclaim " Really? "
shhhh, mum's the word  :evillaugh:

Funnily enough, I remember my grand father saying that he didn't mind Fraser ( His cat ) killing mice, but hated it when he caught the birds
I am kinda leaning the same way as in, Mice can be very destructive, and anyway, it's just nature - survival of the fittest
the mouse that was on the door step was probably an old one? maybe even the one I was feeding chocolate at Xmas time?  :(
as long as there are no baby birds in the casualty list tho, I will be happy

Link to CatChat