Author Topic: Kitten in Khandahar  (Read 1571 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Kitten in Khandahar
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 14:44:24 PM »
Just had to read Gizmo's thread, as I'm quite new to Purrs, Don, this is just amazing, well done  :1st place:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,34827.0.html

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rusalka, Orpheus, Tosca and Carmen
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 09:30:34 AM »
Wow what an amazing story. So good to hear you helped these poor babies! Midnight is a very lucky kitten  ;D
Kitty x x x

Offline DonI

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 04:38:15 AM »
Many thanks for the kind replies. Currently I have APO priviledges, so I can get anything I need easily. Midnight is being taken care of in Kabul, so he's good.

If anyone wants to help, then please help Nowzad. They need all they can get. :thanks:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 23:31:52 PM »
 :welcome: back Don. So lovely to hear a (happy) update on Gizmo  :)

Sounds like Midnight is one lucky kitten! As Sheryl and Cazzer have said, do let us know if you are in need of any pet supplies for him.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 21:43:41 PM »
lovely to hear the update on Gizmo Don.     Good luck to Midnight on his adventure too.    As Sheryl says let us know if you need anything!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 21:39:27 PM »
Hi Don, its lovely to hear from you again
So glad that Gizmo is doing so well and it should be you giving yourself a pat on the back
Really looking forward to updates on little Midnight - if you need help with anything just shout

Take care and stay safe "over there"
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline DonI

• Kitten
Kitten in Khandahar
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 15:14:51 PM »
For anyone who remembers Gizmo the Kitten in Kabul. I now introduce my latest project. Midnight a Kitten in Khandhar.
Midnight was born with a brother on Jan 19 in my storage container. His mother had sneaked in there to give birth, even though we had prepared a nice box for her in a warm, dry place. Cats!.

I helped her raise them after moving them to the prepared box and a happier bunch could not be found. Mum fed them endlessly, and I fed mum. In March I went on leave leaving them in the care of an appropriate adult and during that time they were all attacked by a huge grey tom. Midnight was quite badly bitten and got some abcesses which had to be treated by me with a lancet and antibiotics, his brother and mum ran off. I have seen the mum but the brother disapeared completely.

Due to vector control laying out traps, which normaly results in the animal, (a) being put down or (b) dying of dehydration before they collect the traps. I decided it was better for Midnight to begin a big adventure.

First stage was to get him to Kabul and after contacting Nowzad, a flight on a contractors company plane was arranged. Midnight was not at all impressed and sang the whole trip. He arrived safely and is now waiting on shots, blood tests etc to begin the next leg of his journey to my home in the UK. Oh! and to have his bits chopped. Not happy making for him.

Gizmo is still in Kabul at KAIA and enjoying himself. He is a huge, healthy cat so all of those that helped him can give yourselves a big pat on the back.

Link to CatChat