Author Topic: BONNIE, move out of the way fast  (Read 1449 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: BONNIE, move out of the way fast
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 23:50:51 PM »
My friend who has just done the bee keeping course said "Probably just absolutely exhausted trying to find a way back out.  And the flyers only live for about 2 weeks, and die of sheer exhaustion, usually mid flight"

Such a shame.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rusalka, Orpheus, Tosca and Carmen
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »
OMG a bee in bed !!!!!!!!!!

The side of the bed where the bee stung me is now dh's side of the bed  :evillaugh: Seriously I am terrified of them though. I don't mind spiders but bees/wasps I literaly scream and run not the best thing to do cos they always follow me
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:57:53 PM by KittyB »
Kitty x x x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 22:01:18 PM »
OMG a bee in bed !!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if they are coming in cos it's so cold and miserable outside?

A friend of mine has just done a course on Bee Keeping and hoping to start it asap.  Will have to ask him if he knows anything.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 19:04:58 PM »
Pleased bee and Bonnie are safe  ;D

Lupin is hunting bees in the garden and he hates Nooooooooo Lupin  :evillaugh:

Offline KittyB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Rusalka, Orpheus, Tosca and Carmen
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 16:29:16 PM »
Just the other night me and hubby were in bed and I felt something sharp followed by a buzzing. I screamed and jumped out of bed and it was a bee. How on earth it got there I have absoloutley no idea. Just glad it didn't get any of our babies. Especially as Rusalka was snuggled close to me as usual and she's just been through such a lot this week already with her spay. Glad to hear you got your girl out of the way. :)
Kitty x x x

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 14:02:15 PM »
It's a queen! She's beautiful  :Luv2:

One came in the house once a few autumns ago (looking for somewhere to hibernate I think). She was on the floor and both OH and The Munchkin were standing on the chair refusing to come down. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, bless them.

Thankfully, I'm not phobic about wasps or bees so I rescued her and put her in a warm corner of the shed where I hope she survived the winter. I expect your bee has just come out of hibernation which is why she was a bit dozy.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 14:02:52 PM by Skiddaw »

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 12:53:16 PM »
ooh that looks like a big un!  Good job you got Bonnie away from that.   

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
BONNIE, move out of the way fast
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 12:07:42 PM »
Came downstairs the other morning and Bonnie was sat on the rug waiting for me to put the fire on  :Luv2:

I heard a BUZZ and looked on the window sill and saw the biggest bee ever (it was bigger than in the photo, I swear).  I was so scared for Bonnie, luckily I grabbed her when she was about 6 inches away from it and put her in the kitchen.

I think it was half dead as it was a bit motionless but I managed to get it on a tissue (it sort of stuck to it)and throw it out of the window.

No idea how it got in and never had one in the house before - hope they stick to the flowers in the garden in future  ;)

Mary

Link to CatChat