Author Topic: Grooming video - FINAL CUT?  (Read 4067 times)

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
Re: Grooming video - FINAL CUT?
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 21:29:17 PM »
Wow what a stunner. He looks so sweet.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 20:19:08 PM »
that is great (your grooming room looks very nice!!) so all the stuff that comes out with the mikki is dead hair, I always worry with star she will end up bald but it sounds like it don't need too!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 18:45:49 PM »
Theo is gorgeous and gonna be a big man then I reckon,,,,,,,,,sooooooooooooo much more fur for you to groom  :rofl:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 16:28:02 PM »
Thanks  :thanks: I'm quite pleased with it now  ;)

So when do we get to see Gwynnie being grooming and is she as well behaved?  :shify:

No, she definitely is not as well behaved  :evillaugh:

Gill, Theo is not quite 2 yrs, and still growing!  :shocked:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 15:47:23 PM »
Yes thats really good and much better than the original  ;D

Was thinking while you gave reassurance that Misa would be going ow ow ow and then make an attempt on your hand , them a big hiss and if you hadnt listened by then it would be all out teeth and claws LOL

Is Theo still a kitten cos he looks about the same size or slightly smaller than Misa?

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 17:22:06 PM »
Rosella - you need to go to bed earlier  ;) Didn't think about it being a video and not photo  :doh:

Gillian that is just PURRfect  :hug:

Thought it very good when you said you ws stroking Theo at a part where it might hurt a bit to reassure him - that will let people know that you don't just go at the fur and not bother about the cat  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 22:17:25 PM »
Yep - much better without the commentary and the captions are very helpful.  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 22:05:20 PM »
That's excellent Gillian.  Really very impressive. 

So when do we get to see Gwynnie being grooming and is she as well behaved?  :shify:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Grooming video - FINAL CUT?
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 20:42:26 PM »
Thats very good, a much better length and good to see the captions explaining the brushes etc

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 16:37:36 PM »
OK - just under 3 minutes long now, and NO commentary, just a few captions, whadya reckon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFfTSppetL8&feature=player_detailpage

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Grooming video - Directors Cut lol!
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 04:15:52 AM »
Aaw thanks for vote of confidence in my ability to put captions on pics Mary  :) but it's not the same putting captions on videos which I'm afraid I haven't tried yet.  Think Helen is our resident video whiz.  Lovely videos Gillian and hope you find the strength to have another bash at it ...........

Blummin 'ell!  Just look at the time  :scared:  Can't sleep.  Am gonna upload a few pics and videos for Tan to use in Purrs Shop I think.  Catnip sunshiney face and stripey cane were a great success in last shopping trip  :wow:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 00:30:12 AM »
Hope you get back what you lost.  I think Rosella is good at putting captions on pics - I'm sure it was her that put hem on my pics for the Purrs photo comp.  I might be wrong, Gill will probably know who it was.

I thought a little too long because of his mum saying "goood boooy"  Thing is I'm probably the same when I have Bonnie at the vet - "who's a good girl then for your Uncle Eddie/Auty Kirsty/Uncle Mike?, oh you are brave Bonnie, more Dreamies when we get in the car baby" etc. etc.  :rofl: ;)

I also think if I was going to have my cat groomed I would like to see a bit of everything you do.

No matter what you do, not everyone will be pleased with it but if you get the majority liking it and made to feel that there's a need for them to have their cats done in a freindly professional place then it works.

Good luck chuck.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 01:06:25 AM »
Darn it! just redid it all - cut it down to 3 mins 49 sec, got rid of commentary - did some fancy transitions and flippin lost it all as windows live movie maker encountered a problem!! aaagh!! I think I'll give up tonight - can't work out how to do captions either anyway.

Yes, Helen, am planning to do vids of my persians being groomed too, but they are all pretty laid back as well - although probably not unconscious like Theo lol!  :evillaugh: Will be filming a bath and blow dry also.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 23:29:13 PM »
I don't think its too long Gillian.  If I was looking for somebody to groom my cat the more I was of what was on offer the happier I would be.  I think I would ditch the commentary though.  It does get a bit repetitive and rather dominates the whole clip.  Plus if people weren't paying sufficient attention they might think its you doing the talking and whereas some might like it others could easily be put off.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Grooming video - Directors Cut lol!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 23:25:02 PM »
What a hairy boy! Honest opinion... 6 mins is too long :shy: I would try and trim each section if possible. I would prob cut the audio too (now I know what I sound like chatting to the boys :evillaugh: ).

Captions would be a good idea eg owners are welcome to stay and comfort cat during grooming, describe different techniques you're using etc Could you get someone to video you doing one of your persians too - looking at that clip its obvious that Theo is incredibly laid back about being groomed and I guess most people would consider a groomer as their cat is more 'difficult' so to see a cat that isn't passing unconscious while purring his head of will give them confidence that you groom 'normal' cats without making them freak out!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 23:15:56 PM »
Thats wonderful Gillian and think I would be tempted to leave the ownwers voice in although by the end it did get on my nerves LOL.

Poor Theo was really enjoying being groomed and dozed off and her Theo are you asleep made me want to hit her LOL

What a gorgeous cat and so good............I would love to see you try that with Misa  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 22:20:11 PM »
I've joined all the small clips together to make one longer clip (nearly 6 minutes) I'm planning to put this on my website and my FB grooming page - do you think its too long now? Its really just to show how I groom cats I want people to see that this is the way I do it, unlike some groomers I know of, who just pin the cats down - I like to let them move around if they want to - it takes longer I guess, but I've always worked this way, and I've seen other methods which I've found quite disturbing. Should I leave owner Liz's 'commentary' on (she does chat to him a lot while i'm grooming lol!) or take it off, and add some captions maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC8lzs9ecZs

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Grooming video
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 23:37:08 PM »
Theo is gorgeous  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 16:25:03 PM »
Cat heaven or wot!!!

Lol!  ;D you can't hear it too well in that clip and the other clips - but he was purring like a trooper and making funny little chirruping noises all the way through (he did moan a bit too at one point  :evillaugh: )

Offline Bren22

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Carrie, Harvey & Jess & fostermum for CCG and all my lovely pets on the bridge
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 13:37:16 PM »
Cat heaven or wot!!!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 23:57:33 PM »
Yes, Theo is very laid back most times - sometimes he gets a bit niggly about certain areas, but most of the time he flops over like this, so I think his tummy gets more grooming than any other bit of him!  ;D

What format is the video in? (if you're not sure then right click the thumnail of it on your PC>properties and it will have all the info) - a clip that short shouldn't take ages to upload. Do you have Windows Movie maker? It comes on most PC's and is very easy to use - you can merge clips together, trim starts/ends, add music, add captions etc etc

I just had a look and it says Video Clip AV1 ? that short clip was 48 Mb! Don't know if I have Movie maker - will go take a look now  ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 22:19:29 PM »
That was brilliant and Misa I am sure would not lie and allow that  :innocent:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 19:37:23 PM »
 :wow: That is amazing. I think I'm honoured if any cat allows me to tickle his/her tummy without starting the bunny kicks, let alone letting me take the comb to it.  What's your secret Gillian are aren't you telling.  ;)

I'm definitely going to have to try video after Helen's comments about how easy it is - but then Helen knows all about pooters  and I haven't even mastered the camera yet.  :doh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 19:21:43 PM »
Fab! My boys like being brushed but I think the tummy grooming would have morphed into some bunny kicking - Theo was very restrained!

What format is the video in? (if you're not sure then right click the thumnail of it on your PC>properties and it will have all the info) - a clip that short shouldn't take ages to upload. Do you have Windows Movie maker? It comes on most PC's and is very easy to use - you can merge clips together, trim starts/ends, add music, add captions etc etc

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 19:08:42 PM »
omg I wish star would lie on her back like that, belly is out of bounds lol!  he is so laid back!!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
Grooming video - FINAL CUT?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 19:05:18 PM »
A short (very short!) video of part of a grooming session with NFC Theo, one of my regular grooming customers - his owner Liz is commentating whilst shooting the vids, lol!  ;) This is one of several we shot that day of Theo, but I need to find a way to link them all together to make one longer video, the video files seem to be huge and even this short one took ages to upload to Youtube.

http://youtu.be/Chwi65jwnBA
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 16:26:02 PM by Gillian (Ambercat) »

Link to CatChat