Author Topic: Darlin Bruno at Sunny Harbour  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Darlin Bruno at Sunny Harbour
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 19:38:24 PM »
Hi Hunnies

I'm Back home for a bit Yayyyy :) and trying to catch up but have been awol for far far too long :( so bear with me lol

I know our Sarah and Paul are up to their necks in rescue at the mo so i wanted to point ya all in the direction of their website and the wonderful love they are giving to darlin Bruno and other poor babes at the Harbour  :Luv: :Luv:  ...

Bruno is a long haired cat arrived at Sunny Harbour Cat Rescue on the 27th February emaciated, matted fur all over, missing fur, filthy and weak as well as a prolapsed rectum. He was quite simply waiting to die....
His digestive system is a mess, but his spark is still flickering. Low, but its still there and he has the sweetest of natures; like most of these poor souls who have found themselves wandering the streets in search of their lost homes and a warm place to sleep.

Bruno - tired, emaciated and near death... help us help him live a better life?

Some have simply got lost. Others have been abandoned or left behind by the death of their owners to simply be tossed onto the street to fend for themselves.

Contrary to popular belief not all cats can save themselves. Not all cats can look after themselves and make sure they are fed, warm and safe. Some, like Bruno simply fall into a pit of depression and through lack of nourishment, warmth and someone to care they quite simply, give up!

One of our volunteers told us:

"Bruno's condition is genuinely stomach churning...the photos make him look better than he actually is. As Sarah says it's often the cats who present as the worse cases who have the most loving temperaments... Bruno is certainly one of those having been on the receiving end of a couple of enthusiastic head butts when I changed his bed this morning...made my day. "

We hope we got to Bruno in time and we have started the Bruno Appeal in the hope to raise critical funds needed to help Bruno and all future Bruno's to have the best of care and veterinary procedures needed, without hesitation due to our constantly low funds.

Exactly what lies ahead for Bruno we don't know, but we do know we will do everything in our power to try and save him and give him a better future, while that spark remains.

Sadly he is only 1 of many such cases we have already dealt with in the first few weeks of the year, which have decimated funds and we expect many more to come. We desperately need to raise funds to treat their broken bodies with veterinary care whilst we provide nursing care and the special Sunny Harbour tender, loving, care.

Cases we have dealt with in 2012 already include Ali an orphaned day old kitten, Bruno, Alice an emaciated cat thrown on the streets when her owner died, Ollie a stray kitten of 16 weeks very sick with respiratory virus and many many more... the following short video gives you a glimpse into life at Sunny Harbour.

click on to the Sunny web page here to see the video ... http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk/appeals/brunoappeal.html

I have popped over £50 for Bruno and £50 for Ollie & Joey  donations form the Buster fund.

Sarah & Paul - sending much love over you to all and My thoughts are with Bruno and the others  :Luv: :Luv:

Link to CatChat