Author Topic: New Website for Ron and Lost Cat Brighton......  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: New Website for Ron and Lost Cat Brighton......
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 23:42:49 PM »
Great - Lol a little pushing from me to put his talents to help he cats more  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: ;)

The reason the base price is low is cause we will be helping hopefully the rescue rehome the cats and also that he has done all the work for the basic site design/backgorund admin etc  so his work would be fairly minimal for each rescue basic set up. 
The basic site theme is just a simple cat one.  so say if 3 rescue wanted to keep the cost low they would all have the same look but with their own name & Logo. However there will be an option for Steve to make them their own look theme if they wanted at am extra cost for his time on the theme.

lol don't think the new rescue section is up on Catchat yet. he has been developing it since  last year and they have just moved to a new server so i think phase one which is the new rescue pages with cat pics are almost ready to go live hopefully soon :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 23:30:34 PM »
Tan, I think that's an absolute bargain. Really, I had no idea what to expect but that is fantastic value, and the bolt on options seem to make so much sense too.

I hope our local rescue sees this and understands how simple and cheap this would be to run.

Must go check out the Catchat site now and see for myself what Steve's been creating.

Thanks both, you're amazing.  :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 23:15:35 PM »
Hi Hun
 :) glad ya like it. The important thing Steve wanted was an easy system for the rescues to upload the cats, for them to have full control of the backend so not relying on web designer to update at all (as this costs more!) , easy to do themselves.

He is thinking of different costings for what a rescue might require (not sure of costings at mo for all options as this is a new idea of Steves)
ie for example
1 - just the basic full system where it will be a standard cat theme and the rescue simply pops their rescue name on the top and adds a logo if they have one.  They then would get help setting up if they need it (set up on their server and initial help/ instructions) and they are on their own from there. This would be the cheapest prob at £99 one off fee (special rescue price).  (The full front end and admin backend/ ecommerce websites normally cost between £500 - £2000 )

2 -They could have the basic site as above plus hosting at £99 plus a year hosting at £25

3- Or The basic site with own designed theme plus hosting or not. £99 plus theme / logo design

4 - basic plus own design and extra a module design if they want something extra ie (maybe a drill down map to search cats in specific areas if they cover various areas)

5 -any of the above with annual support added

so different tiers of cost depending what they want but still only a one off cost for the site and hosting annually of they want that.

Steve is very good at development with php and can make a new module for most things :) He did the extra modules for the Purrs shop ie like the estimated shipping module that show the cost for shipping every time you add or take something away from the cart :)

Wait till ya see the new Cat Chat rescue section for the rescue pages where they post their cats :) :) he has done all of that and is developing more for cat chat :) hopefully phase one will be going live on cat chat very soon :)

What i said to Steve was that rescues need a simple system as time is very precious and one that is easy to view / navigate for the visitor and the cats are shown well also at a good base one off cost.

Do you think the base cost incl set up help is a good price at £99?

Lol Ron's site as they are a Purrs registered rescue was donated and hosted by us at no charge as Paws Inn site is also hosted by us.  I am very willing for the independent rescues on Purrs to have the same if they would like it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 23:19:39 PM by Tan »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 22:30:57 PM »
Think it is a great site, Ron must be delighted! Here's another paste for good measure  ;)

http://www.lostcatsbrighton.org.uk/

I've copied this thread to my local cat rescue (reg charity no. 1100897) who have a website under development that seems to have stalled, but am aware the first question they are likely to ask is "what will it cost?" to pass on to their sponsors.

I personally think Ron's site is pretty fab and will help immeasurably towards helping rehome his fab cats and raise the much needed funds via the donate links. Well done Tan and Steve  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 22:01:36 PM »
Hi Stu hun

Def not read as niggles :) all little bits seen are very welcome to know about.   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Steve is thinking of doing a cheap base rescue full website with full admin control etc  with cheap hosting for other rescues as a package.  Hopefully most rescues can get their websites done free for them or they understand how to do it them selves but if not, it does cost quite a bit to have one made where you have a full control backend to upload all the cats etc in the different sections.

Do you think this might be of use to rescues at a reduced cheap price for a basic site. ?

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 21:41:28 PM »
Well done steve for your part  ;)
BTW I wasn't niggling at the minuscule error's, but I remember when I was doing a website,  and there is a lot to do setting up and uploading etc, it is easy to miss a few things, I was always glad when someone pointed em out " so I could fix em "  :evillaugh:

Keep up the good work  ;)
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 19:52:11 PM »
:) Glad you and Fiona like the new site :)  and very pleased for Purrs to be able to help covering the costs so more can go to the needy ones  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

sending all my love over  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 18:59:50 PM »
Well, it's official we can now openly say that Tan's partner Steve has done a fantastic job in building us a much more user friendly and attractive website.  :)

We are so pleased with the result and it has reduced the time we used to spend trying to update the old one!!!! which is a real bonus.

As commented in some other posts, there are a few little glitches that need ironing out which Steve is resolving as he/we come across them, so we really appreciate the other posters giving feedback which all helps.

Well Done to Steve, a Big Thanks for all his hard work and patience  :thankyou:

From Fiona (volunteer) on behalf of Ron & Cats 

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 19:15:23 PM by ronandcats »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 18:34:45 PM »
looks great!

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 08:04:39 AM »
The site looks great.

My eye was drawn to Pebbles  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 05:47:44 AM »
cool  :wow: hope this get's things moving, so many lost souls looking for their forever home  :'(

I also hate being a critic, but..............
As Helen said,

Last Updated: 01 Jan 1970 12:00 (AM)
and Google who is 2 months old has been in the shelter for 136 days  :shocked:

anyway, wishing you good luck and keeping fingers crossed some kitties will get new homes soon  ;)
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 22:54:49 PM »
Very nice  ;D The flashing 'days in shelter' figure next to each cats write up really hits it home how long they've been waiting  :( Hopefully it will encourage people to choose the long stay cats  :)

One thing I spotted though... top left on the home pag eit says 'last updated 01 Jan 1970'  :-:

Offline Chappie

• Adult Cat
New Website for Ron and Lost Cat Brighton......
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 22:15:53 PM »
The new website for Ron and Lost Cats Brighton is now up.

http://www.lostcatsbrighton.org.uk/

Any comments / feedback are very welcome :)

Link to CatChat