Author Topic: I Have a Squatter...  (Read 1427 times)

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
Re: I Have a Squatter...
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 00:37:57 AM »
aww glad you have offered him the shed... 10 cats is a lot :Crazy:
just the offer of a nice warm shed is probably better than what he has had...hopefully someone will help get him a new home. its a shame but its not your fault  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
I Have a Squatter...
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 23:50:25 PM »
I would ring around your local rescues and get him on the waiting list. He sounds a bit feisty but any way you could get him to a vets to see if he's chipped? Could he shelter in your garage until a rescue has space for him?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 23:17:02 PM »
I so understand, poor boy  :hug: :hug:

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 23:07:48 PM »
At the moment he's in the garage (access via the door in the garden) which I've left open for him. I've left the garden gate open for him to wander off or go back home if he wants to, but he just stays put and now that it's dark the howling has started.... If I only had a couple of cats I'd probably take him on, but already feeding x10 insuring x 10 vacinating x 10 and cleaning x 10 cats and to have the house turn topsy turvey to allow another to move in, isn't going to happen. I think he's already been involved in a few spats looking by his nose..

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 19:12:24 PM »
looking at that picture you would never believe it :shy:

I can only agree with ringing round the shelters etc to plea for a place for him. If he isnt getting fed etc then he probsbly has turned up at yours looking for help...i never even saw a cat here till i got mine, now they all take turns coming round...we had one come in similar for some dinner but i found out she is actually owned allthough if you saw her you wouldnt believe it .

Offline angelinajolly

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: tom, tigger,catty, felix,megs, rose, Tyd
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 17:36:21 PM »
We had one like that, had to catch him in trap to get him neutered, he'd of had your arm off. he wouldn't leave & eventually(2 years later) became a perfect pussy cat.  Would a local animal shelter take him if you trapped him for them.  Hope there's a happy oucome for you & him/her :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 15:28:17 PM »
I feel your pain and he is lovely and obviously thinks he has found his home...........sigh

Dont have any suggestions I am afraid  except have you got somewhere outside that he can stay warm and dry?

Maybe try any local cat rescues to see if they can help.

He maybe a full tom if he is howling all the time but he may just be in need of love and affection and food and then be the most loveable cat ever.

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
I Have a Squatter...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 14:35:21 PM »
Over the last 3 or 4 months a cat has moved into the neighbourhood and to be honest he / she has been a pain in the  :censored: Howling constantly when he'/she is out and about even as a cat lover it is annoying especially in the early hours of the morning. Other neighbours assumed it was one of my cats, pointed out to them it wasn't. Yhe cat has never been friendly with anyone or other cats but just assumed he belonged to someone local. Anyway last night sat down to watch television and one of my own cats kept going behind the sofa and hissing and meowing. So eventually I got up to take a look, well this stray is hiding there, I thought well as its raining it can stay there till it stops, come midnight it was time for him to go, couldn't get anywhere near him loads of hissing and clawing etc.  managed to get him out and thought that would be the end of the matter, woke up this morning and started to do some hoovering and he's under the bed sleeping:evillaugh: I have 10 cats, I'm not prepared to take on another it just isn't practical for me or fair to the other cats. I don't really fancy getting bitten by him, likewise I'd kind of feel guilty sticking him out in the rain. But he has to go, no if's or buts about it and it has to be soon. Anyone have any suggestions?

Link to CatChat