Author Topic: Coping with the loss of a loved one  (Read 2169 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: Coping with the loss of a loved one
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 09:13:25 AM »
Thats so lovely Liz  :hug:

I grew up with many cats and dogs, I've cried a million tears over the years, but losing Tazi, my first cat of my adulthood broke my heart into pieces. More so because I cant grasp why he just went to die and because I look back now and can see he was looking unwell and why didnt i then??
But i have my statue and his ashes and I know that as the years pass by it will be added to  :( they will then all be placed with me when i make my final journey.
I have never felt so devastated, but I cherish their short time with me and are blessed to have known my boy and all my other kitties as a child. Unconditional, loving you despite your choices, theres no greater connection.

:hug: :hug: :hug: For all the FurrBabies Waiting for us at the Bridge  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 12:46:09 PM »
have to say I mourn all of the kids losses but Sweetie got me the most I knew it was coming when the vet advised me 3 months when she became diabetic but she soldiered on for a glorious 14 months and due to a car accident and recovery I spent everyday with her and knew the end was coming but our wonderful vets gave me an extra week with a lot of help and support and injections her Daddy got to spend 48 hours with his Princess before we took her for one final journey

After 19 years of Ownership and the fact she led the Clan for 12 years allowing us to add and foster whilst under her guiding Claw she could part the cats when walking in to a room Moses and the Red sea had nothing on her, she made Alsations quake in their paws and trained Sky and Sunny to do as she said

I am sure she pops in from time to time in Kali kitten as only Sweetie slept between my knees nobosy else dared and kali will do it on occassion and look refreshed on waking up in the morning bith are black and gorgeous
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline angelinajolly

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: tom, tigger,catty, felix,megs, rose, Tyd
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 08:31:08 AM »
That is so beautiful Liz, I too have photos & I feel so much better knowing that it's normal to talk to our photos.  Girl taught me the lesson of Loyalty, and Angel taught me Respect. 

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 19:05:47 PM »
Many photographs here too. All the Rainbow Bridge felines have pictures up in our house.

We also have a small Christmas decoration to represent each cat that goes on the tree. So they're part of the festivities as they would be if they were still with us.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
  • Slave to: Oscar
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 17:36:04 PM »
Thank you Liz, that is so beautiful   I can't add to it except to say that at my age I have many cats to remember and all of them with love and gratitude for the happiness they gave me. 
Peggy

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Coping with the loss of a loved one
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 13:36:07 PM »
This has been crossing my mind for sometime and here's a few ways we cope

We celebrate their lives and the time they spend with us some stay for a fleeting moment others stay for years and each one leaves a rather large gaping hole in our hearts and we wonder how we will move on

We remember each special day we talk about them with laughter and tears

I have a photo gallery in my upstairs study each one is on the wall so I see them every day looking down while I am sorting out the cats and talk to each photo

We have them all cremated so they are always home with us currently 2 full shelves in our bedroom where they always thought of as their safe place so it seems right they spend their time their

We help other cats in their memories either by accepting the very special ones not for normal homes who can then come here and be safe, loved and wanted and they are allowed to be all they can be at their pace and the first purr is the most special thing and a treasure to be cherished forever

I like to think they are all looking down on us reunited at the Bridge and taking the Clan cats and dogs to a higher plain and one that means we will all be reunited one day

So whilst I mourn their passing I embrace their lives with laughter and tears and am so greatful they chose to be my furkids ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Link to CatChat