Author Topic: Narla in attack mode  (Read 1492 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: Narla in attack mode
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 22:05:47 PM »
She needs to be kept as clam and stress free as possible, if she feels that her babies are threatened she could do them serious harm - ideally she needs time with just her and the little ones with no other pets to worry her.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 15:56:35 PM »
Hope things have calmed down for you all now.

Eleanor, the mother of two kittens I had recently here on foster became very agressive towards my dog when her babies were about 3 weeks old. She had been fine with the dog until then. I made sure mummy and babies felt safe, and seperated her from the dog when I was not able to be there. Gradually it got better for the dog as her babies got older. She is fine now that her babies have gone, it was just her being a good mummy.

Offline lillylau

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 08:01:37 AM »
I have moved her into the back room I have put the boys in there as she was stressed by her self I hope I am doing the right thing

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 23:39:02 PM »
She is scared he will hurt her kittens and you really need to keep everyone away from her, she needs peace and quiet so she can concentrate on looking after the kittens .

Offline lillylau

• Senior Cat
Narla in attack mode
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 22:26:30 PM »
Narlas kittens are 1 week old and she is so aggressive she will go for the dog even if he is at the other end of the room and she is really fighting the poor dog has bites on her face, she is spending more time away from the nest the babies are still doing well, but Narla is so aggressive not to us just the dog, Ozzy is also being more aggressive too. I have moved them into the other room the kittens are still in the same basket and I have moved the Boys with Narla as she was more stressed on her own . the poor dog is traumatised Narla is not normal like this.

Link to CatChat