Author Topic: How do you deal with haters?  (Read 4688 times)

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
Re: How do you deal with haters?
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 16:16:56 PM »

Who needs W "normal" people when lovely people are much nicer to have around?

I am well fed up with my mother who has decided to pave the front garden because the cedar tree was taking all the "goodness" out of the soil. I tried to talk her out of it but she's a stubborn old bat.  In the process of the hideous paving they have managed to kill the blue cedar tree anyway by chopping off a load of roots.... The phrase "waste of time" springs to mind.  I hate it, if it were down to me  the paving slabs would come up and we'd have a wildlife garden at the front and a catproof one at the back!

I had a row about foxes and cats pooing in somebody's garden on the bus this morning, it all got quite nasty unfortunately. Some people are so ignorant..... wish we could "get rid" of them & keep the wildlife.

XXX

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 15:10:28 PM »
OH has his moments  ;)  If it's been raining heavily, he insists we walk in the road to avoid walking on the dozens and dozens of slugs and snails.  Thankfully our road isn't that busy  :scared:  We are currently making plans to completely redo our front garden with the help of a gardener and I've drawn up some notes for him.  Second on the list is "we have a no kill policy, including slugs and snails"

Our lives would be so much simpler of course if we were "normal" but

Hurrah for the loony animal lovers, makes the world a lovelier place.

Yup, indeed so  :ok:

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 11:08:35 AM »
Thank the Lord.....I thought it was only me who was mad and sad enough to pick the worms, slugs and snails up. Made myself late for work on Tuesday doing that.  Some are beyond help though so I leave them for the thrushes and blackbirds.  Your OH sounds a real gem Rosella.

Hurrah for the loony animal lovers, makes the world a lovelier place.

Jo

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 00:05:23 AM »
aww rosella thats the sweetest thing ive heard! i tell my children that the snails all go to snail partys when we see them on the paths to school and they help them cross safely..i hope they grow up as lovely and caring as your fella :shy:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 22:17:11 PM »

As it had been raining heavily, he needed to stop every few yards and rescue worms by moving them from the pavement into peoples' gardens in case pedestrians trod on them  :)

What a gent! 

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 16:53:11 PM »
Like Ann says, happily there are more nice people around than horrible.  OH went to the shop for a newspaper at lunchtime.  He took quite a while and went straight to wash his hands when he came in. 

As it had been raining heavily, he needed to stop every few yards and rescue worms by moving them from the pavement into peoples' gardens in case pedestrians trod on them  :)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 14:22:21 PM »
I love that story Ann - it could well of been her! Shes not an attention seeker, but one of those who gets an idea or opinion in her head and will not be swayed  :doh:

Some people are awful arent they... I dont think I would ever have a reptile as a pet, but would never wish them any harm either
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 14:10:31 PM »
Jo - have to say I'm with you on spitters and litter droppers. Any chance of adding anyone who inflicts their music on you on public transport to the list. I do object to being "made" to listen to other people's choices.....or the abuse you get if you ask quite nicely for it to be turned down or routed back through their headphones!

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 13:49:21 PM »
Exactly Mary, how would she have felt if somebody had encouraged somebody to run over her daughter?

It scares me that there are people in this world who dislike living creatures so much. Don't know who they think they are.
I have fallen out permanently with people over comments like that. I was in the kitchen at work the other day when a manager made a comment about the microwave being big enough to put a cat in..... I made it quite clear that although I knew he was joking, it just wasn't funny as some people are sick enough to do stuff like that. Not speaking to him now (childish but fun).

As for the idea that cats give you Leukemia.... where in the world did THAT little gem come from?

Sadly thick, ignorant animal haters are everywhere, the stupidity and the animal hating go hand in hand.

I was at a demo against live animal exports the other week, it was amazing how few people actually cared, we weren;t asking them for money... just to take a leaflet... one woman said to me  "yeah but the meat wouldn't be fresh them would it?"  I was speechless..  Makes me despair it really does.  Perhaps it is time for a cull?  I would love a world full of animal lovers (although animal-loving people-haters can be a problem, I'm one of them myself and I know my priorities are all wrong!)

I would give that "lady" a serious cold shoulder from now on and if she asks why you are ignoring her ..... tell her. Honestly how somebody can get that ridiculous about a couple of piles of cat poo is incredible.

However if we were to talk about running over teenagers who spit and drop litter......

Jo

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 13:18:32 PM »
funny but also scary that anyone could be so thick!

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 13:17:35 PM »
We sometimes get that if we are fundraising at places where there are more than just cat lovers around. I remember one time we had a stall in a local shopping centre and most people either came and bought stuff or just walked past if they weren't interested. This one woman though made a point of coming up to us and telling us she hated cats and that they give people leukemia  :Crazy: I of course said no they don't and she said yes they did, this went on for a couple of minutes and then she walked off round the corner only to come back round specifically to say "yes they do" and then stomp off :rofl: We were so stunned we couldn't think of anything else to say and just burst out laughing as she was so daft. Unfortunately there are some nasty people in the world but fortunately they are outweighed by lots of nice people like those on Purrs  :hug:

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 12:26:11 PM »
I had a similar thing the other week discussing our kitties with a colleague, a cleaner walked past and joined in the conversation saying 'Oooh I used to get hold of cats and cut all their whiskas off, can't stand cats me' why the hell would you do or even say something like that?!  >:( It was like she was proud of it.

I just went silent and gave her a look, then turned my back and walked off.

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »
Is she generally an immature attention seeker by any chance?

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 10:07:28 AM »
MMM :Crazy:
some people are just weirdos Im afraid :(

It speaks volumes that no one else laughed,,unfortunately there isnt much you can do to change her opinion here. I had to deal with a girl at a playgroup once (she was actually on the board of the charity that run it) she called a little girl there the n word :censored: :censored: No the child wasnt my daughter, but she was someones daughter..... so i went to the board and told them..she never came back although she said she would never say such a thing :innocent:

some people just shouldnt exist..unfortunately they do...thankfully you know that here at your work that shes the minority in her thinking not you :hug:
my own way is to cut people off totally but thats me :scared:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 09:34:05 AM »
Heather! Remind me never to get on the wrong side of you!  :evillaugh:

I like the idea of her coming back as a cat  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

She probably didn't notice that no-one else laughed to be honest, she's in her own strange world  :Crazy: I'm glad they didn't tho, you usually do get someone laughing just cos the other person is!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 09:14:18 AM »
Saying nothing was more dignified...but I would've been tempted to say "I must remember that rule when you walk in front of my car...." ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 09:01:33 AM »
I think your silence will have spoken volumes.  She was probably expecting the rest of you to laugh and agree with her.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 08:55:35 AM »
 :censored: people like that make me sick.

Next time just laugh at her and say how funny it would be if she came back as a cat and the cat she wished that on as someone like her......

or smile sweetly and say there is such a think as karma you know.

Gggrrrhhh

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 01:43:51 AM »
No pint in arguing with evil  :censored: like that - it would just upset you and would not change their opinion.

I don't like kids BUT I wouldn't tell anyone to run one over.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 00:14:33 AM »
I have in the past had a similar situation, Just said I couldn't really understand anyone hating a living thing that much - left it at that - your silence probably said plenty!

Ditto! Plus mention that you have faith that karma exists  :naughty:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 16:05:48 PM »
I dont think of the come back until later but I hate such evil people.

Think thwe silence from the room will have sent the message though

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 16:01:50 PM »
having lost 3 cats myself on the road I would probably have said something like "well next time your daughter crosses the road wouldnt it be funny if someones car brakes failed and she was left in a bleeding mess in the middle of the road?"  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  People with attitudes like that make me so  >:( :censored: :censored:

Would have said the same thing or worse !
What a evil,princess !
I didn't say princess ?
 I said Bi---h .
Think my iPad  has a mind of its own !!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 16:09:41 PM by bunglycat »

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 15:48:35 PM »
having lost 3 cats myself on the road I would probably have said something like "well next time your daughter crosses the road wouldnt it be funny if someones car brakes failed and she was left in a bleeding mess in the middle of the road?"  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  People with attitudes like that make me so  >:( :censored: :censored:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 15:47:25 PM »
She claims to regularly have about 3 lumps of cat poo appearing in her garden, which i dont believe! (we have at least 7 cats in our vacinity and have had about 3 lots in 7 years)

Maybe the cats can sense her dislike and have a vendetta against her!!!  :naughty:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 15:36:37 PM »
I have in the past had a similar situation, Just said I couldn't really understand anyone hating a living thing that much - left it at that - your silence probably said plenty!

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
How do you deal with haters?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 15:31:44 PM »
This has been bugging me for about a week...

I was having my lunch in our staff room with about 5 others. There is one who does not like cats, which is fine, each to their own. She was talking about her daughter driving her home the night before when a cat ran out in front of them, so her daughter put her foot on the brake. So this lady person starts laughing and said 'what did you do that for?! Hit it, hit! Run it over!' (or similar) She continued to cackle while the rest of the room remained deadly silent (we are mostly animal lovers)

I wish I had thought of something to come back at her with, but think I was as stunned as everyone else!

Link to CatChat