Author Topic: OK, I admit it I'm also a failed fosterer!  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Bren22

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Carrie, Harvey & Jess & fostermum for CCG and all my lovely pets on the bridge
Re: OK, I admit it I'm also a failed fosterer!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 12:11:15 PM »
It's difficult to avoid falling in love with your foster cats, but you do have to be strong and remember that the more we let go, the more we can help in the future.  I've only got one of Sophie's kittens reserved at present and they're 7weeks old at the weekend.  I really hope we get more enquiries.  When I do the home-checks and deliver the kittens to their new forever homes it gives me real pleasure, probably as much as the nice people who are adopting them.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 01:53:16 AM »
 :chicken:  :narna dance:  :yayyy:

Well, we've not had any admitions of this for a while - join the club  ;)

I can remember my own failing as though it was yesterday - I lasted all of 4 days and Bonnie had me well and truly under her paw.  4 1/2 years later - no regrets.

Mac and Pecan are gorgeous - no idea why no one wouldn't want them  :Luv2: :hug: :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline tiff

• Adult Cat
  • I love my courtney xx
  • Slave to: courtney x
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 18:45:51 PM »
I would love to foster but don't think courtney would agree she's not very keen on. Other cats even tho she lived with 20 other cats before she came to me. I think she's really enjoying being the only one
I love my courtney xx

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 18:37:39 PM »
I am useless altogether !
Picked up 5 cats recently for Pauline , most have only had overnight , two I had for a couple of weeks . Was upset at giving them all over to her .  :-[
Picked a gorgeous tortie and white Friday night , took to Pauline yesterday, ask her today if I could have her as I felt like I had took her from one place, put her in my spare room and then abandoned her  :-[
Pauline says she might not ask me to pick any more up as I have wanted everyone ! This one is good with other cats though , so will see  :sneaky:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 16:29:19 PM »
I would be ridiculously bad at fostering. I'd never be able to let any of them go  :-[
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 16:06:15 PM »
I fell at the first hurdle as well. I got my first foster Mum and kittens last year when the kittens were 3 weeks old. It was an awful years finding homes and I had them till they were about 15 week when the Mum and two of the kittens went. I was left with two and by the time we got to August they were mine.  :Luv2: I did try to take on another couple of kittens when the first ones left but my two were petrified of them. Everyone thought that they'd all muck in together and play happily but mine hide under the bed for two days so the new two  had to go to another fosterer. We only have a one bedroom flat so that's the end of my fostering career. Maybe in the future if we move somewhere bigger.   

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 14:39:44 PM »
You're allowed the occasional blip  :naughty: They're both gorgeous  :Luv: You've obviously fallen in love with them so can't blame you for cracking, it does however highlight just how bad things are for rehoming - two beautiful baby kittens and no enquiries  :(

I don't know how anyone finds the strength to let the fosters go - if you had tried to take the boys off me, even just 24 hours after I got them, I would have flatly refused!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 14:29:17 PM »
Welcome to a very exclusive club ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 14:28:24 PM »
after all who would put up Mac's sock stealing and used T-bag chasing and degutting? :Luv2:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 14:25:19 PM »
Angie, I know exactly how you feel! Sly was supposed to be a foster  :doh: sometimes I wish I'd stuck with it as although he's happy enough, and I love him dearly, he's a dreadful bully  >:(

Better to think of it as being generous hearted than a failure, though  :hug:

They are just adorable, how could you possibly resist  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
OK, I admit it I'm also a failed fosterer!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 14:15:12 PM »
After witnessing Mac and Pecan being born her last May, and having had no enquiries about them....

I had to think about it for ages as I didn't really want to go up to 7 again and I had already told myself that if I adopted I would have to stop fostering.

So my last kittens, these will hopefully be with me until I'm in my 70's. And potentially my last foster cats.....(watch this space....)

piccies taken last May and November - should have some more recent ones somewhere... nevermind.

Link to CatChat