Author Topic: Why is catch the fishy so popular?  (Read 2843 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Why is catch the fishy so popular?
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 14:39:38 PM »
Purrwhiffeez stink too  :sick:

Mine get an hour at a time then they're back in the ziplock bag and put away (also because somebody wees on them if they're left out  :-: )

Purrnippeez are very good and don't smell at all. We love the wiggly waggler best.

Catch the fishy is VERY popular here, but it needs to be darker for it to work best as it's less visible than red dot.

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 00:21:21 AM »
If your 2 like valarian then they will also love purrwhiffeez!! and as an extra bonus they dont smell as bad!! infact i didnt notice any smell but Nuggie was going mental at the packaging alone.....!! i thought he was going to end up like a freeze dried cat the amount of fluids he lost dribbling  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He loves the valarian range too - but for the first week i cant keep them in the living room! gives me a headache!!

Peanut loves the "Da Bird/Mouse" and he is like a gymnast!!  :evillaugh:
hes crash landed and disappeared behind the back of furniture a few times  :shify: :shify: and has even used the 10 claw grib after landing on my head!  :rofl: :rofl: but so amusing and keeps him sooo fit!!
he yowls at the top of my book unit for me to get it to play!!

Liz - I think i'll try that free standing laser pen for my 2! I get distracted and quite frankly my cats think i'm substandard as it just stops dead for a while and then i remember to move it or Peanut jumps on me. So i'm a bad Mammy and to make up for it i shall buy them toys hahaha  :rofl: :rofl:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 15:26:38 PM »
With 3 of the darlings Border Collies that is Sky is 5 and black and white, Sunny is 3 and is red and white and the baby of the bunch is Master Mistral who is a split face blue merle he is 1

If you look under the Clan dogs in a search it should bring up the boys if not will try and post a photo of the Clan cats very own pets :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 12:12:04 PM »

Thank you for the recommendation, I will get one for Izzy's birthday I think, red-dot does tend to leave an imprint on your finger doesn't it?!

I still have a few culpeper mice but they are fast running out of "ooomph"... 

Would love to see your Border Collies chasing around after red-dot.... Borders never give up do they?

X

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 06:30:43 AM »
I can recommend the free standing laser toy from the Purrs shop it means no sore finger for me and the youngsters are tearing up the family room and stairs for it and the oldies and the 3 Border Collies are in the lounge for a more sedate game of laser pen

I play after 11pm with the dogs outside they love the red dot!!! :shocked: :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 00:11:07 AM »
Agree the culpepper toys were great and Misa loves them more than any other toy, I was devasted to hear that Culpeppers were no more

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 12:50:42 PM »

I have just ordered a catch the fishy. Izzy LOVES red dot.  she goes mental for it, she even pulls it off the table by the chain asking to play with it so I will be very interested to see wht the fishy does for her. She is quite upset with the evenings drawing out as we can't play red-dot until it gets dark..... she still asks to play with it though and then looks really disappointed when she can't see it! Cashie likes it but isn't as obsessed as she is.

Cats are weird though with their likes and dislikes, my cats love those cheap zebedee catnip mice and turn their nose up at pricier catnip toys.  They adored the culpeper catnip toys but sadly you can't get them any more.... are there any good alternatives?  What are the Purrwhiffeez ones from purrs shop like? The Valerian toys are great but oh my lord don't they STINK?  I can only have them out for a few minutes a day.

The orange cubes have been a huge success with my two, they sleep in them, fight in them and sometimes practically wear them! Izzy loves her da-furr-thing, she treats it like a kitten, washing it and cuddling it.... is very cute.

Because mine are indoor cats I spend a HUGE amount of time organising games and toys for them, I feel very responsible for keeping them active... but they are very fit and interested in everything so think/hope am doing something right.

Will report back on fishy when he arrives.

Jo X

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 17:47:35 PM »
Mine werent overly keen on the Fishy  :doh: BUT they react the same as Mosi when the Laser Pen is out though and even Grumpy Nuggie likes chasing it but much perfers it goin up the wall than on the carpet (although he has been a keen "shadow on the wall" catcher all his life)
If i switch the laser pen off they look to my hand as if to prompt me to put it back on  :rofl:

I think the fishy would have been just as successful had i had a darker carpet - but the white light on a cream carpet just didnt have the same "WOW" effect.

I've had toys that have never even been sniffed by the cats - Tazi & Nuggie never played with any for a long time! Young Peaut is a Da Bird/Mouse & Laser Pen fan - and he has brought out the kitten in Nuggie who loves his valarian "firework" for vicious bunny kicks & purrwhifeeze mouse when hes had a bad day at the office lmao!
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 15:10:11 PM »
Some cats cant see the light especially with red ones.

Misa cant even if I shine it on his paw!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 20:23:42 PM »
lol - funny how what one goes crazy for another ignores!

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 20:16:46 PM »
Just got my cats the fishy, they just keep looking at the pointer in my hand they don't seem to be interested in the light. Am I doing something wrong?   

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 21:38:07 PM »
Ginger has these pathetic little glittery fish toys, they come in a set of 3 from the supermarket and she loves them, always plays with them, but we have to keep an eye on them as she rips them as she plays with them so much, its crazy what toys they love?  :) :Luv: :)
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 17:37:21 PM »
All cat toys baffle me - some they will play with and some are just sat there for years waiting to be played with.  :rofl:

i was blowing catnip bubbles for Bonnie yesterday and she looked at them, looked at me and went to bed  :rofl: :Luv2:

Bonnie xx
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »
Neko may need to join the same rehab, he loves it too and if he hears someone move the laser pointer or fishy pointer hes there in a flash staring intently at the floor :evillaugh: and when it goes away hell come at paw at the pointer in your hands :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 10:04:12 AM »
Just Mosi then!  ;D  I think he is addicted and may need to go into rehab.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Why is catch the fishy so popular?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 00:03:53 AM »
Mosi is totally obsessed with this toy.  And I mean obsessed.  He has to play with it every day and he knows it is often lying on the floor by the sofa so if I don't play with him he looks for it and will pick it up by the chain to drop it at my feet.  With the normal laser toy (red dot) he likes it but after a few days he gets bored.  with the fishy toy he loves it day after day and spends ages racing up and down the room after it.  But the real surprise is Jaffa playing with it today.  Now Jaffa shows no interest in the red dot and at nearly 15 he's not that interested in running around (unless it's to chase Mosi!).  But I have noticed him show interest in catch the fishy and today when I aimed it at the wall behind him he couldn't turn his head quick enough to follow it and then started pawing at it and pouncing at it trying to catch it.  I don't know why it's so much more popular than the normal laser (which has patterns as well as a dot).  Is it the colour of the light?  I don't know but whatever it is Mosi reckons it's the best toy ever! (esp when he can combine it with his cube and ambush the fishy  ;D) and anything that tires Mosi out is a good thing!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 00:05:35 AM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Link to CatChat