Author Topic: Insurance- not sure if its worth claiming -any ideas?  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Insurance- not sure if its worth claiming -any ideas?
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 23:18:41 PM »
I had a problem with Bobby's insurance claim as our vet did not have 12 months history as Bobby only joined us before Christmas 2011. 

I sent an explanation to this email addy petclaims@bdml.co.uk and a cheque arrived a couple of weeks later.  Axa are not renowned for their paperwork but, in my experience, they do pay up and give good cover for the price. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 19:21:31 PM »
Brilliant and suspect they havent!

Or if they had someone binned them,,,,,,,,,hopefully as a manager has got involved some heads may roll  :shify: :shify:

As far as I know the only company that gives the same benefits as AXA is Petplan but its more expensive and if any cat has pre-existing conditions they wont be covered.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 16:56:51 PM »
I have complained and had a call from a manager , it's now being processed and cheque is on its way .
Still no idea how they lost four faxed documents !!

I still have the kittens to insure when they are one in July and August , probably look elsewhere for them !

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 15:55:22 PM »
That is terrible and havent heard from my vet cos they were putting in a claim for about £400 for Misa about two weeks ago.

You need to make an official complaint to AXA cos its only by complaing they change this showwer who are processing the claims for them.

This shower also do claims fro other companies and sounds like they have too much work and are also making it so complicated with asking for histories all the time.

Misa doesnt have a history except one thing about a year ago.

I also do not see why they should see histories thast have nothing to do with any claims........its just not theire business!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 15:49:19 PM »
Just to bring this back up .
Axa have been a nightmare to deal with.
First of it took them ages to send me a letter saying they couldn't go ahead as they needed all her medical history. I then spoke to my vet who said if I got a fax number then would fax it to them direct.
I then got the fax number from them ,rang the vet and told them.
Two weeks later heard nothing, so rang Axa. They said they had not received the fax !
I then rang vet , who said it had been sent but they would send again.
Still heard nothing ! Rang Axa today , still said they had nothing from my vet z, then had to ring vet again, who said they had sent it , but would resend !
Axa still say they haven't got it and are now looking into it !
Will not be renewing with them ! :censored:

Still waiting on a phone call to check they have received the fourth fax !

Anyone think it was for thousands , not £85 ! Wish I hadn't bothered .

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 15:05:43 PM »
Thankyou, yes a lot better ,back to normal.think she had a bad reaction to the anti sickness injection that made her spaced out and frightened me.
Fifi isn't very well now and also had the runs , so I know now it's either a airborne virus or something from the garden ( not plants as there is only catnip planted) . She has also had the runs and she never eats anything different , so know its not food related. She hasn't eaten anything for 24 hours now !

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 15:00:37 PM »
http://www.axa.co.uk/assets/documents/axa.co.uk/personal/insurance/pet/pet-claims-form.pdf

Yes certainly.  Make a claim Gill.  Hoping Pandora is a great deal better now  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 14:28:10 PM »
AXA claim that it has no effect on renewal prices as they are calculated on area basis.

Whats the point of having insurance which is very expensive when you dont use it when you need?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Insurance- not sure if its worth claiming -any ideas?
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 06:40:58 AM »
The renewal shouldn't go up as a result of the claim but it might naturally go up anyway.

The boys are identical insurance wise eg both with Axa, male, neutered, same age, same postcode. I claimed for Riley last year and not Lu and both their premiums went up by pennies proving the claim had no effect.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 03:12:54 AM »
Thanks Gill-will it make the renewal go up ? it went up last year anyway without a claim !?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 00:58:35 AM »
Definately claim.

Argos will not be close to AXA which is better overall than Petplan cos of the way that Petplan work out excess.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Insurance- not sure if its worth claiming -any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 00:56:20 AM »
Pandora is insured and as it cost me £30 Friday and then as it was out of hours Saturday night , it was £93 and another £13 on Sunday .
The excess is £50 - is it worth claiming back the £86 ?
I have never claimed on a pet insurance before - will it make the price go up when the renewal is due ? It went up £1 last year anyway without a claim . does it go up every year anyway ?
Pandora is with Axa -kittens are on 4 week pet plan free at the moment and got to look at policies for both of them too .
Pauline says Argos have been very good who her cats are insured with .

Link to CatChat