Author Topic: Hypoallergenic food  (Read 1238 times)

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
Re: Hypoallergenic food
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 17:56:55 PM »
It sure is naughty [but then look at the iams cat!].      I'm sure for many cats it does sort ought their tums but people ought to be aware of it not being quite what they claim!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 17:51:28 PM »
That's a bit naughty of them as it says 'Naturally Hypoallergenic' on the packaging. It was actually recommended to me by my vet when Riley was having tummy troubles of unknown origin, they don't sell it (they sell Hills & RC) so it wasn't a commercial recommendation. Luckily for me my two love it and *touch wood* tummies have been fine for ages.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 17:44:57 PM »
no james Wellbeloved is not properly hypoallergenic.      Its a marketing ploy on their part.      Its only hypoallergenic if your cat doesn't have a reaction to the ingredients in it!     Its lamb which cats can tolerate better than many proteins such as beef and not as common as chicken.     It is not one they have usually tried before either and has caused problems.     The only properly hypoallergenic food are things like RC hypo-allergenic where the protein has been treated.    {I've forgotten the science behind it, but my vet explained it}.    I have two cats with diet intolerances and I get all of my food from medicanimal.      I found them to be the cheapest for karlo's RC sensitivity and Oska's i/d.      If you go through quidco you also get 10% cash back on your purchases.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 17:45:45 PM by cazzer »
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Hypoallergenic food
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 15:02:05 PM »
I know James Wellbeloved is hypoallergenic, you can get it from most pet shops - Pets at Home, Jollyes etc and loads of places online too.

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Chiana and Salem
Hypoallergenic food
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:42:29 PM »
my sisters cat need hypoallergenic food and just wondered where the cheapest place to get some is
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Link to CatChat