Author Topic: Daisy's gone :(  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Daisy's gone :(
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 17:35:01 PM »
Oh yes I have but they are too small for my big cats to get through!

Someone kindly donated to me an older version of one which is the right size but the procedure to get the chips read wont work with my semi feral Sasa.

Some time this week I am going to plead with the pet shop to see if they will loan me one that they have mounted in ply for display to see if I can get Misa through it, I think Sasa will just make it as have seen her jumping thro the flap I have in the shed door.

They are so expensive, and cant afford to buy if the big cats cant get through and if Misa could get through Sasa will be able to, whether she will do it or not is the question  :scared:

Yes its taken a long time, over two months and counting and think it took over 3 months when the original birmans arrived and things were very bad for a long time. Lupin is way hyperactive compared to them but think he is gradually calming down but wants to use all the house and so does Misa and afterall its his house.

Sasa would be so much better without doors closed as this scares her, so if they let me borrow the flap that would be great and then need fingers crossed that Misa can squeeze through.

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
  • Slave to: Davey & Tinker
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 17:23:07 PM »
Thanks Gill and Mary, I really appreciate your reassurance!! Mary you're right, Davey and Tinks have to be my priority.

Gill - it sounds like they are slowly coming round - it's taken a while hasnt it! Have you not thought about the chip activated cat flaps?

xxx
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 01:07:08 AM »
Tinks and Davey have to be your prioroity.  It was a nice try but not meant to be.  So glad you got her a good home.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 00:52:28 AM »
I am so sorry it didnt work but so understand  :hug: :hug: Pleased that Tinks loves you again.

I am still struggling to get there with Lupin and the others and Sasa has started to  stay in for a while during the night. Misa wants to roam his house again and spends quite a bit of time in front room.

Lupin isnt chasing Ducha as much but my problem is still the back door and its flap.............sigh

Lupin fancies Sasa so much so thats the next problem..................its a girl its a girl and she is pwetty an I want to toiuch her meowmy, pweeeeeseeeeeeeee ................ummmmmmmmm no Lupin, not now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 19:49:42 PM »
Thanks for your replies and reassurance. I've got my tinks back, she's been cuddling me again and purring away. I have to say, she looks rather smug, but I have her back and that's all that matters. She's even playing with toys again.
I have had more txts today from my friend and Daisy's doing very well which I'm pleased with. They are such a loving family, I know she'll be brilliant!! xx
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 17:53:27 PM »
sorry to hear it didn't work out with Daisy.     Sounds as though she has a lovely home and you'll still get to see her  :hug: x
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 17:11:52 PM »
That's a shame that it didn't work out but sounds like Daisy has found another fab home to go to  :hug: I am in the same predicament as you, two cats that have never met any other cats as they are indoor/catproofed garden only so I have no idea how they would take to another cat but suspect it would be similar to your Tinks  :shy:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 11:12:53 AM »
Oh I'm really sorry but it sounds as though Daisy has got a lovely new home.  Sometimes they just dont get on and it can be a really hard decision whether or not to rehome but it sounds as though fate made that decision for you with your friend wanting a cat and Daisy fitting in so well.  I bet you will miss her  :hug:   You may be able to introduce another cat at a later stage.  It's all about individuals really - Tinks might get on like a house on fire with a different individual.

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
Daisy's gone :(
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 10:04:45 AM »
am so gutted, I have had to find a new home for Daisy.
I know I didn't give it much time for Tinks and Davey to get used to her but I couldn't deal wth it. Tinks was petrified all the time and wouldn't come near the living room. She lost her spark. I know thats kinda normal but i literally couldnt do it it was killin me, I just wanted my tinks back.

a good friend of mine who recently lost their cat was after a new kitty, so I asked her if she'd consider takin Daisy and she was so made up. She picked her up yesterday and it sounds like daisy has really settled in already. my friend txt to say she was eating, drinkin, toileting and playin well and the whole family cant stop lookin at her cos she's perfect. even their dog likes daisy and she's not bothered by the dog. am so pleased, but am distraught. I really bonded with her, but i missed tinks and davey so much :( bit of an idiot really, but at least I know now that I cant have any more cats no matter how much i want them :(
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Link to CatChat