Author Topic: OMG - the secret's out!!!  (Read 1227 times)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Re: OMG - the secret's out!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 22:16:13 PM »
 :rofl: Ah yes, cats every time for me! ;D They're always adorable, even when ill, eternally loving, non judgemental, relatively undemanding (and even when demanding, manage to make it endearing), great listeners, always know when there is something wrong, and are unrestrainedly supportive or hilarious, depending on what you need.....they are generally intelligent, graceful, affectionate, very very clean, have no "baggage", never steal that last bit of chocolate you were looking forward to, don't expect you to "look your best" or "make an effort" when quite frankly you can't be bothered, are always happy to "just cuddle up on the sofa and relax", never try to kiss you with sandpaper-stubble or beer-breath, and don't hog the remote.....there is nothing quite so wonderful as a cat, and you can at least expect a consistently intelligent conversation from them :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 22:11:23 PM »
I always let my partner fight his own battles if the cats are on the bed - if he wants to move them, he can cope with the disgruntled noises and purposely disruptive behaviour! :evillaugh:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 22:04:45 PM »
It's a no-brainer for me ... OH has previously had to sleep on the sofa after all three furries got into the bed and I wouldn't move them so that OH could sleep comfortably  :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 21:42:54 PM »
I've shared my double bed with Smudge for 13 years, so I think that answers the question!!  However, he is missing at the moment so if any man out there fancies taking his place.........  hurry as I'm getting a foster cat soon!!   :naughty: :rofl: :naughty: :rofl: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :rofl:

Mary  :catluv:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 14:02:45 PM »
Unconditional love, always waiting at the door to welcome you, attentive and cuddly - we could all, male or female, learn a lot from cats  ;D so Im not surprised at the survey results.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
OMG - the secret's out!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 09:34:29 AM »
"In a survey of more than 2,500 women 54.1% preferred the company of cats to men. In case you think that's nearly a fifty-fifty split, only 5.6% preferred the company of men. The rest felt they were about the same. However if forced to choose between a man and a cat, 64.7% of the women would pick cats. (26% weren't sure. - Maybe they didn't want to admit that cats are better?)"

Of course the survey was taken of people who were subscribing to a pet website, so the sample was a little biased  :rofl: but perhaps not that biased ... :sneaky:

Link to CatChat