Author Topic: Poppy & Monkey - movie stars  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Bobjay

• Adult Cat
Re: Poppy & Monkey - movie stars
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 08:16:05 AM »
Excellent videos and beautiful and very contented cats!

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 23:17:35 PM »
Its still mad to see!

Offline littleKitten_(alex)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 19:44:55 PM »
Mark - it sums up how Monkey treats Poppy. And me. And everyone.

SpecialRed - yup, they're definitely stoned! The get different reactions, though - sometimes they get completely hyperactive, which is quite scary. But most of the time they just get very... chilled.  :evillaugh:

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 14:22:23 PM »
That second vid is amazing, I have never seen that before, are they actually in a 'stoned' like state?? Monkeycat looks like he is doing an impression of Keith Richards!! I am gutted as Barry does not bother with it at all, Barry on Catnip would get me £250 on 'Youve been framed' easy!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 13:30:47 PM »
I love it when Monkey pushes Poppy's head away from the water glass  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 12:44:20 PM »
Not been online so only just seen this but they are both fab videos! Monkey is just such an adorably cute little boy and looks so sleek and lovely in his little black outfit. As for Poppy well she's just yummy :Luv: :Luv:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 22:16:53 PM »
wonder what 11 bengals on catnip would be like  :rofl:

OMG - ELEVEN!!??? Didn't realise that's how many you have...  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: Mind you, I think I could happily cope with 11 Poppies. 11 Monkies though... :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 21:11:35 PM »
Great videos  :Luv: I love Monkey 'stoned'  :evillaugh:

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 16:36:53 PM »
These are just fab and I love the editing  :Luv:

Poppy and Monkey are wonderful.....wonder what 11 bengals on catnip would be like  :rofl:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 14:29:14 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Caroline xx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 12:58:06 PM »
I love it!  :evillaugh:

Monkey a perv. Never  >:(  ;)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 12:45:20 PM »
:evillaugh:  Seriously you have to take your clothes off?

Well, my theory is that Monkey knows that if you just go to bed wearing your clothes, you're only likely to have a quick nap (in order to, say, trick a little Monkey...). And since he wants to be in bed with me for a LOOONG time, he wants to make sure I get undressed first.

OH thinks Monkey is just a bit pervy.  >:(

And yes... my Poppy's an angel. Really.  :Luv: And I LOVE the water glass clip... can't tell you how much I've laughed over it. It completely sums up Monkey: in charge, will definitely get his way - but wants to remain dignified. And Poppy: push-over.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 12:39:25 PM »
 :evillaugh:  Seriously you have to take your clothes off? He's scared they will attack him?

He sounds fabulous Alex, really I know its easy for me to say that I don't live with him, but what a cheeky boy.  And bless Poppy, bet she is so patient with him.

She has to be to be pushed out the way by Monkey Paw for a drink  :rofl:

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 12:36:40 PM »

Monkey has the cutest look about him, bet he gives you hours of fun.  :evillaugh:

:tired: eh... I wouldn't describe it as "fun" exactly... Monkey runs this house with an iron fist - everything HAS to be his way, every time. Or he'll scream. A lot.  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: I mustn't pay too much attention to Poppy, or OH, or the computer, or a book/magazine/phone/anything. And I MUST come to bed when Monkey demands it. (And I have to take my clothes off. Seriously.)

Of course HE shouldn't have to come to me, ever - I should come to him when he calls me. When he wakes up from a nap, first thing he does is cry for me. He doesn't even bother trying to come find me. I should go to him. And there must NEVER be a closed door between Monkey and me. Goodbye, long peaceful soaks in the tub with lit candles...  :( Now whenever I try to relax in a bubble bath, I am lying there petrified that Monkey is going to finally fall in.

He sees OH as an intruder/rival. Every night when OH comes in the door, Monkey starts acting all pathetic, crying for my attention non-stop. And the sling (http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7988.0;attach=11503;image) , that was supposed to be such a great thing (and WAS, in the beginning)... Well, by now Monkey goes over to it, sits in/on top of it and calling me loudly, demanding that I carry him in it.  :Crazy: And that's not even half of it. Monkey makes my parents' highly strung Siamese boy seem positively chilled...

But I love my Monkey sooooooooo much,  :Luv: and wouldn't change him for anything.

(Thank god Poppy is the most easy-going, laid-back cat EVER. I couldn't cope without her.)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 12:19:32 PM »
If Monkey came to stay visit with Aunty Ruth, she would let him rule the underworld that is her house!

Seriously Alex Monkey has the cutest look about him, bet he gives you hours of fun.  :evillaugh:

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 12:17:10 PM »
Prince of Darkness  :evillaugh: I likes it!  :rofl:

Well, it's really quite suitable... Monkey's mother is a very posh Siamese lady called Persephone - and in Greek mythology, Persephone was the Queen of the Underworld...  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 12:10:59 PM »
Prince of Darkness  :evillaugh: I likes it!  :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 08:49:27 AM »
Great videos!  ;D

I just love Monkey  :Luv:  And Poppy too, of course, but I have a soft spot for Monkey  ;D

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 21:17:55 PM »
well lets just say i could have easily pictured monkey with a ginger curly coat the way he was acting  ;) :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Both looking gorgeous as usual but really showed monkey off more than his pics i think for the gorgeous , sleek fella he is and how long is his tail  :wow:
I know what you mean - I think with black cats it's always tricky. At least with video clips you get more of an idea of what they look like.
years ago I used to have a house full of black cats

Wow!!!  :wow:
:evillaugh: Alex had a look at all of them and the one of them drinking still makes me laugh, no idea how many times I've seen it.

Me too! It doesn't matter how poor the quality is - it's priceless! My sister just happened to have her camera and... well, she captured the true nature of my babies!  :rofl: Monkey's in particular... OH calls him our Prince of Darkness...

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 20:50:20 PM »
Great videos you have really beautiful cats :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 20:18:52 PM »
those are two of the funniest and best edited films i've seen  :evillaugh:

THe first one had me in hysterics and the second one, well lets just say i could have easily pictured monkey with a ginger curly coat the way he was acting  ;) :rofl:

Did anyone notice poppy always goes for his "bits" to bite when she's hacked off with him  :scared:   :sneaky:  I noticed she did that a couple of times  :rofl:

Both looking gorgeous as usual but really showed monkey off more than his pics i think for the gorgeous , sleek fella he is and how long is his tail  :wow:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 20:08:00 PM »
 :evillaugh: Alex had a look at all of them and the one of them drinking still makes me laugh, no idea how many times I've seen it.

They are both wonderful.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 19:53:44 PM »
Can't believe some people don't like black cats...  :Crazy: He's so handsome, and he knows it! Originally, I was going to call him Bagheera, a dignified name for a dignified cat. But that name never stuck... he didn't exactly act like a Bagheera. So that's why he's a Monkey.

And he does look very sleek and shiny these days - quite a difference to how he looked when he arrived here a year ago, all sick with catflu.  :(

Bet he is a monkey too! My first ever cats were 3 sisters, all black - years ago I used to have a house full of black cats, nearly all rescues, it just always seemed that if a cat was going to adopt me (LOL!) it was gonna be black. I had a lovely black cat called Moses, who looks the image of Monkey, same oriental look.

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 19:39:57 PM »
I see now Monkey is the black one, with the fab sleek fur, gorgeous black cat.

We'll, I think he's just gorgeous! :Luv: Can't believe some people don't like black cats...  :Crazy: He's so handsome, and he knows it! Originally, I was going to call him Bagheera, a dignified name for a dignified cat. But that name never stuck... he didn't exactly act like a Bagheera. So that's why he's a Monkey.

And he does look very sleek and shiny these days - quite a difference to how he looked when he arrived here a year ago, all sick with catflu.  :(

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 19:29:17 PM »
Love it!  :Luv: I just posted on the catnip thread - I see now Monkey is the black one, with the fab sleek fur, gorgeous black cat.

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 19:05:28 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
Poppy & Monkey - movie stars
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 17:34:53 PM »
I've just uploaded a couple of little films - first one shows Poppy & her favourite box... She's had it for a year now, and I just can't throw it out, she still LOVES it. Getting more and more difficult for her to get inside it, though...  :rofl:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OklP3SJv3U8

The second one shows my babies a bit stoned... (already posted it on another thread). Yes, they definitely like their catnip!  :Crazy:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fXbH1qUed8Y

Link to CatChat