Author Topic: indoor cat  (Read 5700 times)

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
Re: indoor cat
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 07:58:05 AM »
I've got 4 indoor cats. And used to have 2 when I lived in a 2 bedroom flat years ago.

Course if you're going to keep a kitten indoors you might want to take two kittens... but nothing wrong with keeping cats indoors (which will be argued against but oh well).

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 00:06:24 AM »
thomas sadly died when iwas still at my parents house although felix and sugar are still there and doing well.

my landlord used to live here as he owns the flat (obviously) and he had a cat here too and yes we are allowed pets.
the flat is on the 2nd floor and is cat poof and yes we can arfford vet bills as we are on the pdsa.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 23:36:19 PM »
Have you still got your other cat?

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 23:32:11 PM »
Have you checked its ok to have pets?

I'd say it depends how big the flat is and depending on what floor , if you can safely cat proof it....

do you have enough money to ensure vet treatment, food etc?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 23:43:32 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
indoor cat
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 23:30:03 PM »
hi guys me and my partner have moved into our own place with baby and my partners cousin has got a litter of kittens she wants to get rid of. (sounds cruel but dont mean it like that its just to mcuh for her !) she said as we are family we can have one for free as she knows it will get a good home. The thing is we live in a flat and the cat wont really get to go out unless my partner takes it out on a cat lead or something but i was just wondering if you think tis cruel to keep a cat indoors? im not to keen on it as ive always had cats growing up but in a house and htey always went out and loved it i remember my thomas as a kitten was DYING to get out and loved it when he was allowed out after his jabs.

Link to CatChat