Author Topic: Struggling with loosing 3 cats this year  (Read 1970 times)

Offline bastet

• Kitten
Re: Struggling with loosing 3 cats this year
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 10:49:52 AM »
I lost 2 of my gorgeous lads last year. My 2 little black demons, the most loving and affectionate cats I've ever had were both killed on the country lane near our house. Raven went first, he must have been chasing across the road and got hit, he would never have known what hit him. My neighbour saw the little body and I carried him home. He was only 9 months old. 3 months later his brother Sable did the same thing. He was seen chasing another cat across the road, the other cat got across but unfortunately he didn't. He managed to get a few feet from the road and died in the hedgerow. They were two little firebrands, nothing was sacred, everything got attacked or climbed on, they chased my ducks, got chased by Rhodey the cockerel for batting at the hens, but were always there as soon as I whistled. I've got their picture as wallpaper on my computer and think of them every day. I often wonder if they would have quietened down eventually (I hope not!).

So I really feel for you losing 3 cats in a year, each one is special and never to be forgotten. As time goes by it becomes easier to remember the fun times and the antics they got up to rather than the end. So hugs from me and the gang of five, Sam, Leo, Blue, Fred and Freya  :hug: :hug: and I'm sure your three are probably whacking a couple of cheeky little black demons over the Rainbow Bridge somewhere!

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 18:34:46 PM »
Honey, I know exactly how you feel. We have had 2 go to the bridge in the last year (Layla's anniversary is in a couple of days) and had to rehome 2 due to territorial issues. Not a day goes by where I don't miss my special boy Rufus so much and it hurts all the time.
Your 3 were so lucky to have such a wonderful mummy  :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 13:15:47 PM »
Thanks guys, its just so hard right now, still cannot believe they aren't here, I miss them so badly.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 08:40:15 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 03:47:50 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 00:08:37 AM »
:care: You know my number, Nikki.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 22:05:40 PM »
Oh Nikki it really is hard for us all but I couldn't believe it when I was reading one post after another and no matter what we say you're still gonna be sad BUT you do know we understand and if you want to cry and have a little chat with us all it's ok.

You can't be sad around thos beautiful baies of your though and you have to tell them all the stories of what they got up to when they were with you and they will be loved and remembered by the twins too.

We always think we are being brave not crying BUT why the hell shouldn't we.  I still cry my eyes out about Smudge and sometimes Tibby and she died in 1986.

You'll get stronger.

Mary xx :hug: :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 21:24:56 PM »
Massive  :hug: Hun, I know what you are going through - I lost 3 in less than a year and I never thought my heart would heal, I had a sickening empty feeling constantly and would burst into tears all the time.

It does get more bearable and I can think of all my Bridge babies with a smile now although I still shed tears

Take care Hun and grieve and cry as much as you need to xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 20:52:10 PM »
Nikki, sending you a massive  :hug:, having lost my baby boy Max a few months ago I know the pain you're feeling  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 20:50:23 PM »
Nikki I really understand where you are coming from  :hug:

And there is nothing i can say that will make it any easier, all I can do is send you lots of love.
Its so hard isnt it, the pain is so real......this really is the downside of loving them  :'(

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 20:38:19 PM »
You know where i am Nikki :hug: :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 20:30:44 PM »
I can sympathise with you on that we have lost 2 and so very nearly Bailey

I think that we look around ans know they aren't there it is so very hard, I have both my boys Sailor, Baby Archie and all the others before them on my photo wall and talk to them all every day and find that helps :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Struggling with loosing 3 cats this year
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 20:20:15 PM »
Its really getting to me guys   :'(

Link to CatChat