Author Topic: Freecycle(again)  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Freecycle(again)
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 16:19:43 PM »
IMHO, no-one should be allowed to breed unless they are regulated and supervised, all cats should be spayed/neutered. There are too many cats that need rehoming as it is. Saying that, would anyone bother breeding our beloved 'moggies'? They tend to be more hardy, resistant to disease etc than the purebreeds.

people always ask this but the reality is that even if people were more responsible there would always be cats escaping the net. Just think at the amount of feral cats there are in this country and most of us are too busy with the domestics to make much inroads there.....

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Chiana and Salem
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 23:20:18 PM »
im not sure if the kitten is still up for rehoming because we all know how in demand kittens are
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 23:06:58 PM »
IMHO, no-one should be allowed to breed unless they are regulated and supervised, all cats should be spayed/neutered. There are too many cats that need rehoming as it is. Saying that, would anyone bother breeding our beloved 'moggies'? They tend to be more hardy, resistant to disease etc than the purebreeds.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 22:42:25 PM »
Will do JS
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 22:39:55 PM »
Bonnielass, email a moderator letting them know that animal welfare groups advise kittens stay with their mums until eight weeks. Worked on our site.

Kally, ask the people with the kitten to post on here. :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 22:44:08 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 20:33:57 PM »
i think all breeders and pet shops and even some rescues should get potential owners to look through a thick fact sheet before buying
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 20:36:14 PM by Kally »
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 20:28:56 PM »
When will people realise that they are not toys :censored:

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 20:27:57 PM »
well by the sounds of it this guy got the kitten for his daughter(young daughter) without thinking cause hes said that she is not fond of the kitten which could mean ignoring the kitten or abusing the kitten

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 20:25:41 PM »
We had 2x 6week old kittens advertised on ours,unfortunately i have no room so i sent her an e-mail just politely pointing out that really they were 2 young to go yet, the reply i recieved told me to mind my own business as she had had kittens before and knew when mum had had enough of them and they were ready to go :censored: 

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
Freecycle(again)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 18:56:59 PM »
ive just found an 11 wk old ginger kitten on machester freecycle i wish i could have him

Link to CatChat