Author Topic: Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch !  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch !
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 17:07:33 PM »
Poor Leo  :Luv:  I love Licia's description of the after events - you, teeth chattering, cold and wet while leo is gently dabbed with a huge fluffy towel  :evillaugh:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 10:00:10 AM »
I know I was FREEEEEEZING ! I just didnt want him to catch a cold !

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 23:36:03 PM »
I also laughed...........bad me.............at the thought of Leo all wrapped up in a warm towel while you were freezing , and I know I would have done exactly the same  :hug:

Ducha birman was curious about bath time but one little speck of water bouncing out from the tap and he flies back to the bedroom with a filthy look........how dare you water my suit, animal  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 20:06:10 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:

I don't have a bath so that is not a problem here.  Good job as Mosi is very into water.  Breeder specifically told me to be careful when taking a bath!  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 18:34:50 PM »
yes sharing the bathroom with an inquisitive cat certainly reduces the relaxation factor. Smidgen cut my last bath short by trying a tight-rope walk along the wet side. I decided discretion was the better part of valour and opted out of the second half of my bath ... :(

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 16:37:14 PM »
Ahhh thats horrible  :(

Luckily I don't have hot baths anymore.. as I knew this would happen one day ! He is a very clumsy kitty !

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 16:21:48 PM »
Glad hes ok, have you soaked your scratches? Deep ones like that can get infected so keep an eye on them.  :tongue 2:

Lynn told me a horrible story of a cat that fell in the bath and it was really hot and he got scalded all over  :(

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 13:30:08 PM »
Poor Leo, poor Lisa!! (can imagine you all dripping and shivering, fussing over soaking Leo with a huge fluffy towel) :evillaugh:  Hope you treated yourself with a huge steaming cuppa after drying him and dressing your wounds!!

We have installed a mini jacuzzi when we moved into this flat this summer, but unfortunately only used once.  When Cristiano tried it out he exaggerated with the bathbubble and the entire bathroom turned into a swamp, we were worried if it went downstairs (luckily it didn't we suppose, no one came up screaming).  And it was before we got Oliver.  Obviously Cris got a bit discouraged and haven't used it again so far, and I would feel bad trying (although it's really tempting...) if he doesn't, as it was def. his idea and his insistence to put it in.  I think Oliver would be very, very interested, heck he even likes hanging out in the empty tub!!  He doesn't seem to be scared too much of water either, he doesn't mind at all getting his paws wet or splash of water from shower etc.  But full immersion would be a whole different story I am afraid.  I think if/when I do try on the jacuzzi I will arm myself with a footy shin guard :evillaugh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 13:10:17 PM »
Haha!  :rofl: All kittens seem to do it the once don't they? - having said that, little Gwynnie hasnt yet, but she's a bit behind with her earlier setback!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 12:01:20 PM »
Ah bless him......Silly Leo  :rofl:

I remember when rocky was a baby - I was laying in the bath and suddenly there was a big plashhhhhhhh !
He was totally drenched  :rofl:

My Son also has a habit of getting out of the bath and not taking the plug out, had a few jump into it over the years.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 10:07:36 AM »
He adores toes..... he starts to nibble but then will get a bit excited and pounce ! (Which hurts!)

They are funny arnt they ?  :evillaugh: He is SO maughty but I have to laugh ! My friend said "ooo I hope you told him off" to which I replied "He was freaked out loads so I couldnt tell him off.. he didnt do anything wrong really!" (They think im far too soft.. I just cant help it with him!!)

Leo is fine now.. he only sulked for a few hours.. I put him on a Big fluffy towel infront of the heater to dry him off.. so he slept his mood off !  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 10:00:56 AM »
Ha!!! Why do they *always* try the bath?!!!! I had one cat, my beloved Moggy, who managed to propel herself out again before she'd got completely wet. I still don't know how. The others did exactly what Leo did (enough blood for a gore feast trash movie lol) and left me with some interesting scars  :rofl:  The bubbles probably made it even more exciting.....does he bite your toes (that makes for a very restful bath too). You've probably also noticed how they don't appreciate your laughing at them for looking so hilarious/furious all wet as well  ;D
Moral of story: always keep plasters within reach :) Swampy used to leap on your back just as you straightened up after cleaning the bath...owwwwwwww as you say. I once was on my own and had to go next door to ask my neighbour to put a plaster on my back...in England!!!! (in London, even worse, they barely say hello). Think she thought I was keeping a pet leopard.
And how is the Leo doing, now that he knows that Baths are Bad?!

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch !
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 09:48:07 AM »
Bath times are always fun since getting Leo !

I was in the bath yesterday & if I shut the door on him he will scream the place down, so I always shut him in with me .. it doesnt take him long to wonder exactly what mummy is doint & jump on the bath. So up he came... playing with the bubbles as usual.. trying to EAT them ! so like I do all the time I scoop all the bubbles up to the end he can't get to !

Anyway...as he is playing his paws are getting wetter & wetter.. then all of a sudden he gets a bit brave, tries to walk quickly to where the bubbles are & in a split second he has fallen into the bath, had the scare of his little life & used his HUGE back claws against my shins to push & jump out again !

I got straight out & he was so freaked bless him... wrapped him in a towel (while im freezing my butt off !!!) scooped him up & started to dry him off.. looked at my legs as they were really stinging & there is blood running all down them  :Crazy: :Crazy:

I now have the most hurrendous claw marks (about 3 on each shin) Leo was peed off for the rest of the arvo - as if it was my fault !!!!! Maybe he won't be so keen on being my bath time buddy anymore !!

I bet he will jump up all the same next time !!!   :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat