Author Topic: URGENT - Foster home needed for 3 adult cats and 4 kittens in Portsmouth Area  (Read 10386 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Ok, Can someone write a basic list with ages, sexes and locations of these cats and if I'm given permission I'll cross post the info.

Mark, I'd miss you if you went, you snob!  ;D ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Playing nice nice people....I mean it....

Dawn any news?

Offline LMC

• Adult Cat
Forum - a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
Since you have to sign up for membership to be able to post, this forum is not public.

Censorship - The removal and/or withholding of information from the public by a controlling group or body.
Ah yes, the controlling body that happens to be legally liable if anyone decides to sue. And the controlling body that pays for the server space for this forum.

Point is: you don't like moderator/admin decisions - set up your own forum. Who pays the costs for the forum gets to make the censorship decisions, end of.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
No because I will not say boo to a goose in future for fear of punishment  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Censorship - The removal and/or withholding of information from the public by a controlling group or body.

I understand that you were on the spot a bit though

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:  :evillaugh:

;) yes indeed we were. Though does that mean we have permission to censor you all the time them? :evillaugh:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
Nah, my fav colour isn't Pink  :evillaugh:  I think we're on track.

Yeah I'm not partial to Pink myself.

If there is anything I can do up here in Leeds let me know. My OH can be bribed.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I wouldn't go as far as to say I was joking - although it would be hard to leave purrs. However, I was looking up definitions.

I understand that you were on the spot a bit though

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Nah, my fav colour isn't Pink  :evillaugh:  I think we're on track.

I can help where needed Julie, just let us know.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
I have PMed Dawn offering to do my bit with a rescue package. If it gets taken up, I'll probably have to ask for help from various peeps for neutering vouchers, help with perminant rehoming, etc... but I think we can offer these cats a safety net.  ;)

Meantime...

Can we all be friends, now?  :wow:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Sorry you feel that way Mark. Our job is to keep this forum friendly. Sadly that thread was not going that way.

I think Mark was joking, I hope he is anyway  :sneaky:

;) Me too

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Sorry you feel that way Mark. Our job is to keep this forum friendly. Sadly that thread was not going that way.

I think Mark was joking, I hope he is anyway  :sneaky:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat

At least now focus is back on these babies. I hope we can help, really do  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I agree angie - I don't like the big brother style so bye all - nice knowing you  ;D

:Sad Bye:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 16:15:23 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I'd just like to say (I was going to but it had gone!) that I think most of the thread was a valid one and while it should have been closed its good for people to realise that Rescues cannot joust accommodate everything so I don't think it should have been deleted.

I agree angie - I don't like the big brother style so bye all - nice knowing you  ;D

I agree to an extent but in this instance I agree that the thread was deleted although some of the posts are valid.  A lot of damage can be done when comments are made and they can be taken totally out of context, but by then it's too late to pick up the pieces and the rescue suffers through no fault of their own.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 16:13:23 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I'd just like to say (I was going to but it had gone!) that I think most of the thread was a valid one and while it should have been closed its good for people to realise that Rescues cannot joust accommodate everything so I don't think it should have been deleted.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
I'm so pleased there is hope for these little ones  :wish:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
I have nearly all the posts from that thread so can reinstate some but it was very upsetting.  I have emailed Les and CC.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I texted Sarah earlier and I'm hoping we can get a solution for all this, it makes it easier knowing the cats can be split but the fighting will be down to them not being spayed and neutered.  I've asked Sarah to bell me tonight but she has told me, she has no carriers for these babes so whoever takes them will need carriers sorting as well.

Crazycatz, have you got a landline number for Sarah, I only have a mobile number.  If you have, can you pm it to me please, thanks.

Offline crazycatz

• Adult Cat
hi i see my other thread has been closed
just to update on this
the cats havent been put to sleep there may be a chance of them getting in to a rescue tomorrow but its not 100 per cent yet
at the moment my friend has kept them all indoors today with litter trays so no one reports to council that they are still living there .
as for ages ,sexes etc ,theres a mum with babies , a female ,and two males . they are all under 2 years old and sadly none are neutered  :'(  they dont get on and always attack each other so much so the neighbours told the council they dont get any sleep as they have to listen to cats fighting all night every night , i have told my friend millions of times to get them neutered etc and have always offered to ring the cp for her and get vouchers sent out ( even though they are both working so they should pay really)
i told her to get this cat spayed when she first got her but of course she ended up pregnant straight away , that poor cat has had litter after litter ,she came from an abused home where she was kicked and had one of kittens kicked to death in front of her last year thats why my friend took her in ,its all so sad and could all of been prevented ,as i say ive always adviced her on what she should do but she has never listend to me .

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I am sure she has Dawn. We all think highly of Lesley.

Just a thought. Are there any members we could approach who live nearby to see if they maybe have room? They may not have seen this thread yet? We can use the map maybe? Maybe check with Tan if its ok to approach them? Maybe we can find a foster home for all of them together until permie homes can be sorted?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
that I think most of the thread was a valid one and while it should have been closed its good for people to realise that Rescues cannot joust accommodate everything so I don't think it should have been deleted.

I agree and it would have been nice for Leslie to have seen the support she received.

She saw most of it I think and I have told her, hopefully we can undo the damage that's been done.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
that I think most of the thread was a valid one and while it should have been closed its good for people to realise that Rescues cannot joust accommodate everything so I don't think it should have been deleted.

I agree and it would have been nice for Leslie to have seen the support she received.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Thanks Ruth, I'll ask Sarah to give me a ring tonight to get an idea on their characters etc and to see if any do need to be with the other.  I hate to split them up if we can avoid it especially if they do really get on, but if it's the only option, that's what we'll have to do.  I'll let you know as soon as I get more info  :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Agree Angie but think that there was too much on the thread that was not relevant and its hard to control that once it gets past that stage. Maybe we can start on a sep thread what Rescues can and can't do, and refer peeps there?

In the meantime hope these little ones get the care they need.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Dawn if need be I can have one of the adults short term but will be alone most of the day while I'm at work. But at least will have warm place to sleep at night. London way so can find a way to transport. I figure between PB and others here we can find a solution to foster.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
We desperately need to find somewhere for 3 adult cats and 4 three week old kittens, I doubt very much any of the adults have been done so this will have to be sorted out as well but I'm sure that can be arranged.  The lady who owns them has been told by the council that she will be evicted if somewhere isn't found as in now.  Mum and kittens will have to remain together and possibly the 2 other adults.  If anyone can help, can they please pm me, email or post on thread asap.....my email is on my profile.

Thanks,  :hug:

Link to CatChat