Author Topic: Poor little babies  (Read 5032 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Poor little babies
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2007, 19:06:42 PM »
:shy:

how old are the kittens?

They must be between 7/8 weeks, still young enough to tame but one is very feisty  :sneaky:  I think once mum is a little more confidant with me, this will help matters........I've had one of the kittens out a couple of times for cuddles and she's ready to go in for the kill  :scared:  In a few more days, I'll have her eating out of my hand  :evillaugh:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2007, 19:02:14 PM »
 :shy:

how old are the kittens?

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2007, 18:57:26 PM »
They're adorable, I've got one upstairs who would fit right in with those.

He also doesn't like being handled but hasn't hissed at me in a week, which is progress ;)

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 18:52:23 PM »
 :catluv:

oh my what beauties

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 17:44:49 PM »
These kitties are still quite frightened but mostly because of mum's attitude  :sneaky:  I'm still not convinced she's feral but she's not very trusting so still growling.  One of the kittens is quite nosey and will sit there with his head cocked to one side, a really little cutie  :Luv:  :Luv:  The other one's eye is still a little bit of a worry but there's no infection and he's not exactly happy about me handling him at the moment which doesn't help matters......I will just have to be patient.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 22:23:32 PM »
Aw prob just a bit scared  :scared: Do hope all the kitties are fine & fingers crossed for the kitty who lives with the nurse  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 22:11:29 PM »
Just found out mum's a little hissy, spitty but I'm not convinced she's feral.  One of the kittens eye's isn't 100%, that must have been the one with the cloudy eye, I'll try and get a better look when it's not acting like a little spitfire  :shify:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 21:33:11 PM »
Finally after a few nights sat out and getting these youngsters used to me, I've finally caught them  :evillaugh:  Most of the time, it's been nightime when I've gone up there and it's been too dark to see  :sneaky:  I went up about 2am the other morning, couldn't see a thing and as I went in the greenhouse, there was loads of scuffling as they all come charging out  :Crazy:  I realised then, they'd been using the bed I'd put in there bless them.  Anyway, I managed to get up there earlier tonight and all 3 were asleep in the cat carrier  :shify:  Mum spotted me straight away and ran out but the kittens were still half asleep, so I quietly ran in and shut the door on them quickly  :evillaugh:  Mum then took about 2 minutes to get in the trap  ;)  Both the kittens look fine which I'm really pleased about.......the other little kitten that the vet nurse ended up with is still poorly  :'(  I spoke to the vet today and she said she perked up on the antibiotics but as soon as they stopped, she went downhill again.  Time will tell if she'll survive or not, fingers crossed she will.

Fair do's to the lady whose house it is, she doesn't like cats but gave me a £10 donation, and she brought me a bottle of wine and some ciggies back off her hols and I didn't get told off for using her greenhouse for the cats to sleep in  ;D 

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 07:37:05 AM »
"Good Luck" DD for catchiing the little babes....mum sounds a doddle  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 01:24:42 AM »
I called down last night and it was absolutely peeing it down so just put food out let them have a good feed instead.  Both mum and babies were around and all look fine although mum cat looks a little bedraggled.  The lady whose house they're at went away yesterday for a week, so I very naughtily opened her greenhouse slightly last night so they'd have some shelter  :innocent:  I went up about 11.30 tonight as it was the earliest I could get there and I couldn't see a thing as her security light out the back isn't working  :sigh:  I've now put a carrier with a nice warm vet bed in the greenhouse, and a load of food and I'm hoping tomorrow to get down there earlier, and I will try  :wish: to get the kittens in there on their own and grab them  :scared:  If I can get them, mum will be soooo easy to get, I could have had her in the trap about 10 times the night before last but I had to keep getting her away from it as I need the babies first.  It's a pain really as I need to feed her separate away from the trap, but then the babies eat it so I'm hoping the greenhouse will solve my problems  :sneaky:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 01:25:54 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 22:48:26 PM »
I'll probably die of pneumonia next week  >:(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 22:47:32 PM »
Its very cold here too..........wellm at least you have seen them  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 22:18:57 PM »
Hope you got your wellies and your broolly  ;D

I think I needed it  :censored:  I've just come back  :censored: wet through and freezing  >:(  I had to sit on the back step, getting nicely soaked, in the dark with just my fags to keep me company  ;)  Good news is I've seen the mum and she's had a really good feed, also glimpsed the babies sneaking away down the side of the shed  :Luv:  :Luv:  I've left the trap full of food but unset so they can go in and get out again and I'll be going again after work tomorrow.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 22:01:58 PM »
Je ne pas in  ello ello  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 21:16:19 PM »
Good luck Dawn  :) & Gill.....were you ever in Allo Allo?  :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 20:51:00 PM »
Hope you got your wellies and your broolly  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 20:40:39 PM »
Had a phone call earlier to say that mum and both babies have finally appeared again  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  I've been so worried about the little one's so I'm off out now to see if I can see them  :Luv:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 15:53:03 PM »
Glad she is on the mend,hope the other ones can be found too! :(
Caroline xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 00:12:18 AM »
ah  :ahh:

Sounds like she will be fine  :Luv:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 00:01:39 AM »
She is gorgeous Mark and a little cuddle bum  :Luv:  :Luv:  I left her in the lounge in a carrier last night whilst I sorted a snugglesafe heat thingy out for her journey, I came back in and she was snuggled up to Billy........I don't even think he noticed she was on him  :heeee heeee:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 23:46:45 PM »
What a gorgeous little baby - makes my heart bleed  :'(

You are a saint Dawn  :hug:

Lets hope mum & the other baby show up.

As for the woman witch - she needs a good kick up the  :bum:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 23:49:29 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 23:40:44 PM »
Here's a pic of the little one that went to the vet nurse  :Luv:  :Luv:  I had a text off her this morning to say she'd had a good feed and was repaying her with a purr and a snuggle under the chin  :Luv:  :Luv:  She does look quite poorly in the pic but I'm sure with some tlc, she'll be fine.  Sadly, still no sign of the other kittens or mum cat  :'(

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 07:41:51 AM »
Aww, am glad the little one has a home.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 01:47:26 AM »
I meant to mention earlier, called round again a couple of times to see if I could see the kittens and mum cat but they were nowhere in sight.  I was a little annoyed at the lady who contacted me as she'd said today she had a little shopping to do and then she'd be in.........got a phone call at about 11 o'clock with her apologising saying that she'd decided to go to the pictures  :censored:  It's nice to know she was concerned that these little one's could be lying dead somewhere  :censored:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 19:51:32 PM »
I'm taking the little one to one of the vet nurses for her to bottle feed her......she has said that she won't be able to part with her afterwards which isn't a problem as she only works part time and has 3 cats and numerous other animals living with her  :Luv:  She will get the best care and if she has lost an eye, it's not a problem. 

I'm going to check again later for the other kitten, if that one is found but no mum, she'll take that one as well.........I'm full of cold this week and feeling crap so the offer has come as a godsend  :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 20:12:34 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 17:44:06 PM »
Just been back again and it's absolutely peeing it down  :censored:  No sign of the other little kittens or the mum cat, I'll have to go back again later  :tired:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 16:13:07 PM »
 :( :(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 15:25:39 PM »
Just had this little one down the vets and without hurting her, it's hard to see if the eye is actually there or not  :(  I'm going to treat her with some Tiacil and she's also on antibiotics which need to be mixed with a tiny amount of water and see what happens.

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 14:56:38 PM »
Hopefully you'll get all the kittens so they can get to the vets and be helped.

I'll have my fingers crossed for them.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 13:23:36 PM »
I hope so too but I'm more concerned about the kittens......this little one was just sat there so obviously not well  :'(

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 13:20:09 PM »
Oh the poor babies.

Hope you're able to catch the mom cat.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Poor little babies
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 13:05:16 PM »
Had a phone call about mum and kittens earlier and sadly only managed to get one kitten  :'(  This one has a bad eye and one that's completely closed, it was just sat there under a hedge, managed to glimpse another one that appears to be blind in one eye but couldn't get close enough to grab it.  They need veterinary treatment, the 3rd kitten hasn't been seen since last night so I'm not sure about that one  :'(  I've left plenty of food out and I'm going to go back later to try and grab the 2nd kitten when he comes out of hiding.  The mum cat I will get later as the woman who phoned me isn't 100% which the mum cat is  :tired:  There was an adult cat there which ate a whole tin of food but apparently there is another one hanging round as well and I need to make sure I get the right one.......a neighbour who isn't in at the moment knows which is which so I'll have to wait.

Link to CatChat